Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly this could be any # of ppl. Have you ever looked at the CUE, SC State or NCMEC site with all the missing listed? It's so sad.

Monica Caison did appear to be on a Crystal Soles search this week already according to her FB. It seemed preplanned? IIRC most searches for Britt also had Crystal & vice versa so seems 50/50, right?

The area these remains were found in fit with both Brittannee and Crystal. When I google mapped the McCant Rd area it appears these were found in Johnson's swamp. not far from the beginning of Francis Marion, and right outside georgetown. I also googled the distance from Poleyard about 38 miles. I'm not sure if the body of water Poleyard landing might flow or lead into this swamp. Any locals know?

The area these remains were found in fit with both Brittannee and Crystal. When I google mapped the McCant Rd area it appears these were found in Johnson's swamp. not far from the beginning of Francis Marion, and right outside georgetown. I also googled the distance from Poleyard about 38 miles. I'm not sure if the body of water Poleyard landing might flow or lead into this swamp. Any locals know?

Oh I know what you mean. I am just saying that there are a lot of others within the area that many people don't realize are missing from there. Although Andrews itself is where Crystal disappeared from.

I was hoping to find more information on where Johnson's swamp received it's water from but there isn't a lot of information on it. I have a few guesses but I don't want to assume. It would be nice if, as you suggested, a local could chime in.

I also found this piece of info, so hopefully soon we should hear at least if they can confirm, human or animal? http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28681399/skeletal-remains-recovered-in-williamsburg-county

SLED: Nothing new on Williamsburg bones, waiting on MUSC to ID
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 10:29 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 01, 2015 4:37 PM EDT

By Andy Paras
aparas@sbgtv.com
WILLIAMSBURG, S.C. (WCIV) -- Two days after Williamsburg County sheriff's deputies found skeletal remains wrapped in a tarp, they are still waiting to hear if the remains are human or animal.

Deputies responded to McCants Road in the Earls area Monday after someone found the black tarp containing the remains, along with other debris, after a dam was cleared from a swamp.

Deputy Coroner Williams Horton III said the remains are actually fragments of bones, which is not something they deal with often so it's difficult to identify without the help of the forensics team at Medical University Hospital.

The remains are expected to be delivered to MUSC sometime Wednesday.

State Law Enforcement Division agents found more bone fragments in the area on Tuesday, Horton added. He said they think all of the remains have been collected from the area, which means they can be taken to MUSC.

At that point, human or animal identification should be done quickly.

The sheriff's office is investigating along with the Williamsburg County Coroner's Office, the State Law Enforcement Division, Williamsburg County Search and Rescue and the CUE Center for Missing Persons.

Anyone with information about the discovery is asked to call the Williamsburg County Sheriff's Office at (843) 355-6381.

I have nothing to add, but to say I'm praying for justice and all involved in this case. I originally had BD's "Disappeared" episode playing in the background while I played Candy Crush Saga. Now each time I play it I'm reminded of BD/family and I pray for them.

Sadly this could be any # of ppl. Have you ever looked at the CUE, SC State or NCMEC site with all the missing listed? It's so sad.

Monica Caison did appear to be on a Crystal Soles search this week already according to her FB. It seemed preplanned? IIRC most searches for Britt also had Crystal & vice versa so seems 50/50, right?

just to add to this kinda off subject alittle but still bumps her back to the top so works for me ... i agree i looked one day at a list of missing ppl in my state (tn) and there were so many i had heard nothing about i forget sometimes that the ones we see in the media and news are not the only ones there are so many that never get the coverage that others are fortunately do. My personal belief in this case is the friends know alot probably most of what actually happened wish LE could get them for something i bet anything if they thought they were about to get in real trouble someone would talke pretty quickly i dont understand why they cant charge them they took a MINOR acorss state lines without presmission... not sure how the laws are in sc or ny but in TN a guy can get in trouble for dating a girl 4 years younger then him EVEN if it's proved that she lied about her age...so why cant they get in trouble for letting her go and knowing she wasnt allowed to ,,,just my thought

i dont understand why they cant charge them they took a MINOR acorss state lines without presmission... not sure how the laws are in sc or ny but in TN a guy can get in trouble for dating a girl 4 years younger then him EVEN if it's proved that she lied about her age...so why cant they get in trouble for letting her go and knowing she wasnt allowed to ,,,just my thought

I thought brittanee could drive? It would be weird if a minor could drive yet couldn't go to another state. I just read up on it and it say if they are at least 16 then it wouldn't be much of a problem I think

While New York does not provide a formal procedure for the emancipation of minors, the court may grant a minor's request for emancipation in some rare instances. Generally, a New York court may consider a minor emancipated if he or she is:

At least 16;
Living separately from the parents;
Not relying on parents for living expenses; and
Able to manage his or her financial affairs.

Sent from my LG-D855

I thought brittanee could drive? It would be weird if a minor could drive yet couldn't go to another state. I just read up on it and it say if they are at least 16 then it wouldn't be much of a problem I think

While New York does not provide a formal procedure for the emancipation of minors, the court may grant a minor's request for emancipation in some rare instances. Generally, a New York court may consider a minor emancipated if he or she is:

At least 16;
Living separately from the parents;
Not relying on parents for living expenses; and
Able to manage his or her financial affairs.

Sent from my LG-D855

Was Britt emancipated? i had not heard that before and from reading previous things i was under the impression that she did not drive her mother made the statement in one article that brittanee didn't walk her mom would have to drive her to a house only 7/8 houses down. so that is what led me to believe she didn't drive ...also if she was not emancipated and still in custody of her parents... they i would look into a civil suite not that i think they would rather get paid but i have seen in a couple of other cases that this was done as away to try and get ppl to talk and give info after all Brittanee did not have premission and the ppl she was with were over 18 at the time at the very minimum contributing?

and i dont think i under stand your statement "It would be weird if a minor could drive yet couldn't go to another state." i had my dl's a 16 and a car and was aloud to drive where i needed to go, but was never aloud to drive to another state like that. i don't know many 16/17 year old that would be i def wont let my kids when they are that age and obviously Dawn felt the same hence she told her no so i really don't understand what you mean by that. There is a huge difference in driving around the town you live in and where you need to go then drive several hours away with other teenagers for spring break with no REAL adults present

I am not sure if you are talking about the same FB page that I go on as well but I can't seem to find it and am wondering if it was deleted. The person who ran it did not hold back his opinions. I know there are about 6 groups and unless I am mistaken I think it may have been taken down. It's a shame because the info from there seemed to make a lot of sense.

I followed the page you both are referring to the whole time it was active. I just now came here because I was wondering if anyone from the page came here after it was deleted. I didn't know there was still an active websleuths page for her. That page had sooooo much information on it because people from Rochester were commenting things they knew and have never told before. I was so sad to see it go because I really believe it was getting somewhere finally. I saw the comment from the kid from Rochester where he said everyone from there knows what happened to her and that she was raped by someone FROM Rochester. The last post involved JO's brother PO and how PB let a comment slip at a recent party regarding PO's possible involvement. I messaged the admin of the page to tell him I was sad it was gone and to ask what happened. He said the reason was something involving the investigation but he could not say what. I hope that was a break in the case and she finally gets justice.

agreed i was hoping for the same thing i also followed the page and I think that is excatly what the case needed someone to call out these ppl and get them to start throwing each other under the bus .... i hate when ppl say these are a bunch of kids they arent smart enough to pull off something like this...sometimes it;s not about being smart its about getting lucky but i truly hope that was enough to get these "kids" back in interigation and see what they have to say now

All this talk of a page with insider info about the case got me in a sleuthing mood. I wish I had seen it! Who knows if any of it was true, but interesting nonetheless.

Have any of you guys dug through AL's photobucket? There are photos of AL, Britt and JO together dating back to 2007, including some I've never seen before. I believe this attached pic is Britt, although she does look kind of different. And yikes @ the FB comments made by AL and JO (found in the early threads.)

Just going with Occam's razor here... If you're in a strange town with a bunch of selfish people who have been shown to not care about the law/morals/common decency and you go missing after arguing with them, and all of these people are known to indulge in drugs -- doesn't it seem reasonable that they are the perpetrators, rather than a stranger who pops out of nowhere? There's no evidence at all that a stranger abduction occurred, but there is at least some circumstantial evidence (e.g. behavior after Britt's disappearance) that points the finger at the friends. I think that, for anyone who has researched this case a lot and has cycled through various theories (as I have, and many of us here!), it always comes back to the "friends" and for good reason. Granted, there isn't much else to go on.

I also read about the HE case. The social media behavior from the Moorers remind me of what the "friends" in this case have done. Both the Moorers and the Rochester group openly disparaged the victim and took on arrogant, callous attitudes when questioned about it. I think the difference between the M's and the Roc group is apparent motive. TM/SM's motive to kill HE is obvious, but why would the friends harm BD? They're certainly jerks, but murder seems like a stretch. That's the only reason I can see why LE doesn't seem to have pursued the Rochester kids further.

There's so much to go on in this case, and yet so much seems to have gone un-investigated. We haven't heard anything new about the case for years now. :(

Attachments

• babybaby022.jpg
    babybaby022.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 312
In my mind there is no scenario other then the "friends" being involved or at very least being aware of what happened to her does their behavior make sense.... If it was a stranger that took he why run back home and get a lawyer and be scared for you OWN well being then that of your friend? If a friend of mine went missing on vaca with me you would almost have to force me to leave without them i wouldn't WANT to stop looking for them and would go over every single detail i could think of to try to find them ...saying that they barely know Britt is distancing themselves from her and whatever occurred basic psychology is that when someone is involved or knowledge of something that they dont want to be in trouble for they will try to distance themselves from the person and situation as much as possible... think about it who goes on vaca with someone they "barely know" especially a MINOR that has no money to throw in and cant drink and get in clubs on their own.... 2 things are very obvious to me 1. There was some reason why Britt was specifically asked to go maybe one of the guys wanted her there bc they liked or or for another reason idk 2.) these kids did not truly care for or about her whatso ever and still dont ti me those things equal a very bad end result

They all know what happened. Someone needs to put pressure on them. The admin to that page was the only one who has dared to call them out and they were getting scared. They had thier friends come on and defend them and then liked thier comments. But none of their friends could explain their behavior because its ridiculous. There is too many holes in thier story. How they have gotten away with it for so long is beyond me. I think that guy really caught some attention though, hopefully of law inforcement. Maybe it lit a fire under MBPD to get it together. I believe people were messaging him with private information. He claimed(and I believe him) he was told at a recent party in Rochester, someone asked PB what happened to Brittanee and he replied "why dont you ask *advertiser censored***** PO!" JO has someone call Brittanee and demand her shorts back(maybe this was AL). JO and her brother PO leave suddenly because of an emergency said to be thier friends Viet and Ugar being arrested. The arrest record is online but it does not show the time. My point is, this is all said to be around the time Brittanee was walking from the Blue Water resort back to her hotel. I think PO dropped the others off at a bar or something, saw Brittanee walking and picked her up. They ALL know what happened. Someone needs to speak up finally! Its time!!!!!

PO was arrested and charged for rape some years back. It was discussed on here IIRC. The articles about it are gone which is weird, but there's still traces about it on the internet:
"Phillip R. Oberer, 24, of San Mateo Road was charged yesterday with first-degree rape, a felony, and pleaded not guilty today in City Court. "
http://addressers.rssing.com/chan-2223860/all_p219.html

thevoice, is there some way you could submit this information that you have learned to the Myrtle Beach PD? Or ask the admin of the page to? I just feel like if that really is a huge break in the case - and it sounds like it is - we need to be sure that LE knows about it!

PO was arrested and charged for rape some years back. It was discussed on here IIRC. The articles about it are gone which is weird, but there's still traces about it on the internet:
"Phillip R. Oberer, 24, of San Mateo Road was charged yesterday with first-degree rape, a felony, and pleaded not guilty today in City Court. "

thevoice, is there some way you could submit this information that you have learned to the Myrtle Beach PD? Or ask the admin of the page to? I just feel like if that really is a huge break in the case - and it sounds like it is - we need to be sure that LE knows about it!

from what i have been told they seem to be aware of it all and that is why the page was closed

Yes, the rape charges are well known to have existed. Nothing came of the charges. An apparent friend of PO commented in his defense that charges were dropped after the woman admitted to lying about everything. Who knows if that's true or if she was scared into saying that. My guess is that LE ordered the page be shut down either because there was information on there they didn't want public(probably this^^ but it's too late I already know) , or they didn't want the guilty ones to know how close they were to solving this. It's time for these people to talk! I'm tired of the silence. Who knows..maybe(hopefully) someone is already talking.

What is the main poi's name peter something from all the after talk and rumors it was commonly agreed apon that he was the guy with real connections whos to say he never had a bit much to drink and his lips said some things that could have had brit scared and wanted to tell someopne about what he said he had done .maybe he got nervious and having connections in possibly sex trade stuff maybe he made a few phone calls and had her taken care of because he had said to much the night before and he couldnt chance it if she were to talkso he makes some calls and some people hes connected too grab brit and well make her dissapear....

Yes, the rape charges are well known to have existed. Nothing came of the charges. An apparent friend of PO commented in his defense that charges were dropped after the woman admitted to lying about everything. Who knows if that's true or if she was scared into saying that. My guess is that LE ordered the page be shut down either because there was information on there they didn't want public(probably this^^ but it's too late I already know) , or they didn't want the guilty ones to know how close they were to solving this. It's time for these people to talk! I'm tired of the silence. Who knows..maybe(hopefully) someone is already talking.

I saw the page, and honestly I thought alot of it was rehashed stuff I had seen before. Even the screen shots they were 2 to 3 year old arguments that were seen before can't remember if they were on an old thread here or Britt's original FB page. I think IMHO Parinello got the page shut down since their was so much liable on it. He even called Parinello a drunk and the attorney's family were on there defending him. I honestly don't blame FB for shutting it down. I think these kids might know something...but I don't think they were involved.

Are far as PB and connections...I don't buy it. His family has a little money they are middle class, he works a minimum wage job and still lives with his parents.

People go back to the friends because what else is there? There's so little to work with and it's very frustrating. You essentially have 2 possibilities here: Britt either got in a vehicle with someone willingly or was abducted off the side of the street. Considering the circumstances of that night, which seems more probable? Some have speculated on the possibility that Britt and the phone were actually separated. I think this would suggest premeditation and just adds another layer of complexity.

All you can do at this point is hope for a lucky break because it seems as if LE has given up on the case. As time passes I feel it becomes more and more unlikely that we will have answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy70