SC SC - Brooke Henson, 20, Travelers Rest, 4 July 1999

Coming up soon -- where are you, Brooke Henson???

I happened to be in Traveler's Rest one July, before I knew about Brooke.

Oprah's network OWN ran her story today on the show Mainstreet Mysteries. The show was recorded in 2010, but it is great to see that the story is still getting some coverage.

It is also talking about Esther Reed.

coming up on 14 years. I wonder if anyone has checked out Jonothan Vick . He killed Dana Satterfield in 1995 a case that was cold for 10 years in Spartanburg 40 miles from Travelers Rest and his girlfriend Heather Sellars went missing in 2002 and was never found. Here is her page http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sellars_heather.html I think because of he is such a violent killer and so close it would be worth checking.

Brooke has been missing for more than 16 years and now a new tip has come in that could lead to answers.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/30272592/new-tip-could-provide-break-in-disappearance-of-brook-henson

Kelley said a tip received about six weeks ago has been forwarded to Greenville County deputies and they are investigating it.

She said there could be a potential break in the case.

"I'm shocked and so grateful and it is so wonderful," Metcalf said of the news. "Maybe it will lead to something. If nothing else somebody knows something. This family needs closure."

9025561_G.jpg

Bumping for Brooke, coming up on another anniversary of her disappearance.

Guess that 2015 tip hasn't resolved the case.

18 years? That boyfriend sure can keep a secret.

Bumping Brooke's thread with her DoeNetwork page:

The Doe Network: Case File 2646DFSC

BLHenson.jpg
BLHenson1.jpg
BLHenson2.jpg

BLHenson3.jpg
BLHenson5.jpg

Brooke Leigh Henson
Missing since July 4, 1999 from Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: April 17, 1979
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 104 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde dyed brown, shoulder length, straight hair; brown eyes. Thin build. No make up.
    • Marks, Scars: Pierced ears.
    • Clothing: Dark green shorts, tan tank top, black sandals.
    • Jewelry: She was also wearing a silver watch on her left wrist and a silver bracelet on her right wrist.
    • Dentals: Available.
    • DNA: Available in CODIS
Circumstances of Disappearance
On July 3, 1999, Brooke hosted a party with several of her friends. She was last seen sitting on her parents' front porch when her parents came home. She said she and her boyfriend had a disagreement that night and that she planned to walk to a store about two blocks away. She left at 02:30 a.m.

Brooke was last seen walking along Henderson Drive in Travelers Rest, South Carolina.
Police have followed numerous leads since her disappearance but have been unable to find Brooke.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Travelers Rest Police Department
Detective Clark Brazier
864-834-9029

Agency Case Number: TR9903483

NCIC Number: M-225744337
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
AMW
Stoneys Place
Travelers Rest Police Department
NamUs

Did anyone ever see this on Reddit? It’s a post by someone in defense of the boyfriend, possibly the boyfriend himself or someone closely related to him. It just sounds like they were there possibly. The username Gixxzr2 is the post I’m referring to. It’s towards the bottom of the comments.

It sounds like the poster directly below is the same person, just based off of typing style and the desire to clear the boyfriend’s name, by saying that Brooke’s father didn’t believe he was guilty. It’s interesting, not proof of anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes
Back