SC SC - Charleston Co, UnsFem 18-99, UP8787, in evidence freezer, May'11

To be sure I checked if during the time frame this freezer was found there were floods, so it could have been floating after buildings were damaged, but it turns out to be one of the severe drought periods in SC.

2011: Drought Returns to SC
Right after the 2007 - 2009 drought, the Savannah Basin lakes were well below their target guide curves by March 2012. The drought period lasted from 2/3/2011 to 3/24/2013. The inflows into Lake Thurmond for the following three-month period were the lowest recorded since 1954. The deteriorating hydrologic conditions depleted the amount of water stored in shallow and deep aquifers.

South Carolina Extreme Events Timeline

This case is crazy! I bet whoever was in charge of organizing evidence in that freezer got a reaming.
I can see how it would happen, though. I was briefly working at the local OCME here (covers half the province) and all of our unidentified skeletal remains are put in plastic bags, printed label on the bag, put in a small cardboard box which is taped shut, the ID code is written directly on the box, and the boxes are stacked on a shelf. It's not the most fool-proof method, I can see how tape and labels might get old, fall off, boxes are dropped, bags fall out, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back