SC SC - Cheryl Davis, 17, West Ashley, 4 July 1979

What about this Jane Doe....The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Found in 1992
Charleston County, South Carolina
Estimated Age Range 15-20 Years

This is a purged medical examiner case from South Carolina. The ME gave it to an anthropologist in 1992. Upon retirement, the anthropologist gave it to the county of origin, which was Chaleston County. We do not have any law enforcement or autopsy information or the anthropological report, so we therefore do not know when the ME originally got the case, date or year of death, or the original condition to estimate postmortem interval.

856UFSC

There are dentals and DNA is submitted according to the Doe Network file.

kwatson696, The last time that I saw her was at a 7-11 (now closed)store located on Wappoo rd when I was pregnant with my first son I was 18, she is was about the same age as me. So she was 18 or 19 years of age when she disappeared. When I spoke to the detective and asked if that was cheryl, he did not say untill I told him a few things that I knew about her as well as important info that my husband had told me prior to his death. It was after that that he said that the last name on the case was Davis. He did not tell me whether or not they found her in the area that where they were searching, he did not tell me much of anything because he claimed he was not the lead detective in that case. I know that he knows whether or not they found anything because he was there. I would hope that if they did find something he would have the decency to tell me. Whether or not they have made arrests, any information on ANY case where there has been a missing person or possible foul play should be not taken lightly. I am upset that whoever's case it is has not contacted me. I have tried over the years to give them information but they could not find her name or they just did not want to look. Looking at the City of Charleston website, they have a well funded and well educated staff with state of the art equipment, there is NO excuse for the way her case has been handled. Trust me, her case is not the only one who has not received the proper treatment. My husband was another case in point. I guess only high profile cases get the best treatment. I have tried to find anything on the outcome of that search but no luck. I even wrote to the person who did the story for our local newspaper. I do not know where her parents and family are so that's a bust. There are just too many Davis's in our area and I do not know her parents first name. I appreciate the offer to help, you are more then welcome. I just don't understand why I cannot find her name anywhere on all the missing persons websites that are available. And why didn't they mention her name on the news story? What is the big secret? I cannot see her parents or family wanting her name to not be disclosed to the public since when she had come up missing years ago, there were posters all over the place for years. It does not make since. Thanks for your interest, AC
My mom's name is Bobra McLemore Davis she is the sister of Cheryl Davis. We know the last people she was with what she had planned and all possible suspects but most are now dead. Except Karen Smith of West Ashley. I'm Cheryls niece and I am 26 years old. Back then they were aggressive as I am and I want answers. My mom and other aunt stepped on a body at folly beach 2-3 weeks after she went missing. We don't know if it was her. Listening toy mom recall every last moment and details just now gave chills and it's a story to listen to. My mom got dna tested for the case of the serial killer referred in a post above and it was negative to be Cheryl.

There are many missing persons who do not appear on the various websites. Examples show up all the time, like this one. I do not have any information on Cheryl Davis or her disappearance. If anyone is familiar with the case and can provide an accurate case summary, along with photos, newspaper articles, posters, or personal recollection, then I suggest they contact the websites like Charley, or Doe Network, or other such places and provide them with information to get Cheryl into their systems. Getting the word out on these unsolved cases may help to solve them.

I am truly glad, actually ecstatic ,that someone has finally entered her name into the NamUs database. This is something that should have done a long time ago . I just hope that something good will come of it such as new information or leads. Now it's time for our local law enforcement to put all unsolved missing persons on their websites as well.
I had no idea that there was more Then one suspect I only knew of one. Even if a suspect or suspects are deceased, someone knows something. Criminals have a tendency to talk about their victims, either out of guilt or by bragging.

Cheryl has been added to The Charley Project.

Cheryl Yvonne Davis – The Charley Project

davis_cheryl.jpg

• Missing Since 07/04/1979
  • Missing From Charleston, South Carolina
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 17 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A tank top, white Levi's shorts and flip-flops. Carrying a straw purse with butterflies on it.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Cheryl's natural hair color is auburn, but her hair was dyed blonde at the time of her disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Cheryl was last seen at the 7-11 gas station on the corner of Ashley Hall Road and Sam Rittenberg Boulevard in Charleston, South Carolina after midnight on July 4, 1979. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Do we know if she's been submitted for either of the skeletal remains previously mentioned? NamUs #UP61623 or NamUs #UP9998 ? It could be a long shot, but it does look like they have DNA. Maybe we can finally bring Cheryl home.

Do we know if she's been submitted for either of the skeletal remains previously mentioned? NamUs #UP61623 or NamUs #UP9998 ? It could be a long shot, but it does look like they have DNA. Maybe we can finally bring Cheryl home.

I didn't submit for #UP9998, because there is nothing to compare it with. Actually this is a somewhat strange UID case. I'm afraid this case will never be solved unless they still have the remains or know where they buried them and look into it further.

They don't know when this remains where found originally, they were given to a anthropologist in 1992 by the medical examiner. Upon retirement, the anthropologist gave it to the county of origin, which was Charleston County. There is no law enforcement or autopsy information or a anthropological report, so therefore they do not know when the ME originally got the case, date or year of death, or the original condition to estimate postmortem interval.

I wonder if they know where the remains are now? Why was were they given to an anthropologist in the first place and what did he/she do with it all that time? I think this were most likely historic human remains and so not Cheryl? Sadly I don't have the answers.

Forensic Anthropology | Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.

As of September 2022 my family (Davis) still does not know where or what happened to my Aunt Cheryl. My Grandma suffered everyday until she died without her daughter and not knowing. I will never give up hope that we will find some closure for her siblings. My mom has forever been affected by her disappearance and she is now 63. Thank you everybody who has and continues to think, care and share about Cheryl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buybuyavto
Back