SC SC - Dail Dinwiddie, 23, Columbia, 24 Sep 1992

I read that Gregory’s case involves his stepdaughter...has anyone else read that?

I haven’t specifically read that. I did find a few weeks ago a 2005 appeals case involving a Harold Gregory who was convicted of molesting his adopted daughter. A new trial was ordered on a technicality(in my opinion). Don’t know if he was retried. Is Harold Gregory the same guy as Harry? I don’t know fore sure.

I read that Gregory’s case involves his stepdaughter...has anyone else read that?
I haven’t specifically read that. I did find a few weeks ago a 2005 appeals case involving a Harold Gregory who was convicted of molesting his adopted daughter. A new trial was ordered on a technicality(in my opinion). Don’t know if he was retried. Is Harold Gregory the same guy as Harry? I don’t know fore sure.

Definitely could be. Also ready Harry has multiple ties with at least 3 former governors...”Donnie” said this goes up pretty far politically...

The MySpace comments....something about edisto being beautiful as well as waccamaw...edisto mentioned in Drexel case...waccamaw mentioned in Heidi Prestons Case...I believe he lived in Chicago SC which is also mentioned in a former case (I’ll have to look that one up) possibly Shannon Menendi case...so maybe he was referencing those, and not the actual streets in Columbia...

I can’t find anything connecting those cases to Dail’s yet. Have you found anything on Harold Hines? (Researching to see if those names make sense that were mentioned earlier.)

Definitely could be. Also ready Harry has multiple ties with at least 3 former governors...”Donnie” said this goes up pretty far politically...

The MySpace comments....something about edisto being beautiful as well as waccamaw...edisto mentioned in Drexel case...waccamaw mentioned in Heidi Prestons Case...I believe he lived in Chicago SC which is also mentioned in a former case (I’ll have to look that one up) possibly Shannon Menendi case...so maybe he was referencing those, and not the actual streets in Columbia...

I can’t find anything connecting those cases to Dail’s yet. Have you found anything on Harold Hines? (Researching to see if those names make sense that were mentioned earlier.)

I’ll do some checking.

I’ll do some checking.
Sweet! Something else interesting...I saw that Donnie Shields had a brother Michael Shields that died in 2007. I have no idea if the names mentioned are accurate but I did find that quite interesting.

That was part of the “db” persons comments. His brother knew who killed her and he tried to get his brother to tell him where her body was.

Edit: the “guys on South Sanatee rd who may know something..” reference to Drexel case; no Dails.

Harry Gregory, Jr. is not the Harold Gregory referenced above - 2 different people. I have some friends who thought the same thing then discovered that Harry's name is NOT Harold, it's just "Harry". I have heard that some of the accusations against Harry Gregory, Jr. stem from his biological daughter. She would've been a minor during the abuse but is now an adult.

Harry Gregory, Jr. is not the Harold Gregory referenced above - 2 different people. I have some friends who thought the same thing then discovered that Harry's name is NOT Harold, it's just "Harry". I have heard that some of the accusations against Harry Gregory, Jr. stem from his biological daughter. She would've been a minor during the abuse but is now an adult.
So the man who is just Harry is the attorney that was in the news a few weeks ago?

So the man who is just Harry is the attorney that was in the news a few weeks ago?
Yes, Harry Gregory, Jr. is the one arrested a few weeks ago... he lives literally around the corner from where Dail Dinwiddie grew up and was the unnamed person in the articles back in late-2020.

Yes, Harry Gregory, Jr. is the one arrested a few weeks ago... he lives literally around the corner from where Dail Dinwiddie grew up and was the unnamed person in the articles back in late-2020.
Ahh very interesting. I remember reading that article online and thinking it sounded very similar to an post someone made about an allegation back in 2016...Were you able to find any more info about HG? Any connections he might have had that have either been mentioned on the thread before or could make sense in other cases?

I have done some digging around at past cases to see if anything connects. There is a lot more information on the Drexel case than any other SC case. There are also several cases up in Myrtle Beach area- I haven't found any names that have cross referenced back to Dail's, Heidi's, or Paula's case. Although it is quite interesting that someone who seems to know quite a bit of info posted that they were Richland, Horry, and Lexington informants, and several old cases have occurred in Horry County. I honestly couldn't find much about Paula's case at all.

I don't know I could be way off. I just feel like some of these cases could be connected.

Peter Brozowitz is mentioned in the Drexel case and may have been friends with Drexel...he does promo for clubs...wondering if he would have any connections with people who owned some clubs in Five Points. Again, this could all be a stretch.

Hi I’ve been gathering info on Dails case. I am local and it saddens me that I have not heard of her until a surgeon I was working a case with told me about her. I came across Paula as well, once again never heard of her. Dail and Paula both are from Forest acres/hills neighborhood and so is Harry Gregory. I find it disgusting that in articles about the sexual claims against him investigators find that to be true but dismiss the statements of him mentioning Dail to the victim/minor he was molesting at that time. Why would they dismiss that? He has a lot of ties in politics and also as an attorney. Does anyone know his wife’s name? and if they had children of their own? I’ve read here that people believe that the sexual assaults /lewd acts were against his step daughter. Anyone know her name? Or his children’s names? Please reply or message me with any possible info. Thank you

Hi I’ve been gathering info on Dails case. I am local and it saddens me that I have not heard of her until a surgeon I was working a case with told me about her. I came across Paula as well, once again never heard of her. Dail and Paula both are from Forest acres/hills neighborhood and so is Harry Gregory. I find it disgusting that in articles about the sexual claims against him investigators find that to be true but dismiss the statements of him mentioning Dail to the victim/minor he was molesting at that time. Why would they dismiss that? He has a lot of ties in politics and also as an attorney. Does anyone know his wife’s name? and if they had children of their own? I’ve read here that people believe that the sexual assaults /lewd acts were against his step daughter. Anyone know her name? Or his children’s names? Please reply or message me with any possible info. Thank you
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find much of anything on him. I do believe that he probably has ties that go pretty far up which is why the “rumors” relating to Dail’s case were dismissed.

@ Caroline Wren, I am new to the forum here and just recently started following this case. I am intrigued and hope for justice and closure for Dail and her family. I am one year younger than Dail, attended NCSU (capital city, college town, even have a Five Points area that is more residential in nature but draws an older crowd to restaurants and shops), and grew up near the border with SC that is considered the Pee Dee region. I, too, was a petite, careful girl that, at the time, thought I was careful enough not to put myself in questionable situations with questionable people. Looking back with maturity all these years later, it surely could’ve happened. You raise excellent points about how a person with her demeanor might have tried to solve the problem at hand after a drink or two, a lost purse, and knowledge that simply walking home was not an option. Do you know if anyone ever mapped out all the potential paths she might’ve taken to find friends or the closest apartments or dorms she thought she would’ve been able to safely walk to? I can only imagine that the USC campus has grown and changed as much as the NCSU campus has in nearly 30 years, but it could be an interesting angle to overlay an old campus map with a new one to discover what might’ve been undeveloped or isolated areas then. You also raise the specter of an angry girlfriend whose boyfriend might’ve admired from afar, who in a desperate situation that later went from bad to worse, might’ve been a familiar, seemingly safe person to ask for help.

I’ve also caught up with this case just as the FITS articles came out, and it seems to me that the POI, who at the time, was a 30-something professional from a known family, who had an eye for younger women and still frequented college bars either looking for those young faces or in a valuable undercover role, all these years later is finally being pinned for deviant behavior. I really spent some time trying to read between the lines of those articles. In nearly 30 years, there has not been one shred of evidence to prove anything. Accusations are empty and pointless without hard evidence. Rumors, speculation, chatter among neighbors, folks who may have seen or heard about creepy behavior off and on, maybe even tense words exchanged between parties about keeping their distance from certain homes or certain daughters that was disregarded…. general knowledge among everyone, but hands tied on doing anything about it…in a desperate moment, a familiar, neighborly face might’ve seemed the best option at the time. I was a college senior in September 1992 and I have reached my early 50s. But for the grace, indeed.

Caroline, thanks for your thoughts. Do you know if she had any friends who lived within a short walking distance of Jungle Jim's? I think your theory is the right one.

She went looking for her friends to take her home. She could not find them. She may have thought they picked up her purse... she may have thought many things. At this point all we know is she walks out into the night and vanishes. In my heart, because I knew this person, I believe someone she knew and knew well picked her up. Something went terribly wrong. Maybe they went back to his/her house. Maybe he/she lived in her neighborhood? Maybe it was an old friend? Maybe he/she accidentally killed her? Maybe he/she thinks "what have I done" after hurting her and kills her? Maybe that person is powerful and yes as all of you have said there was a cover up. A sports person from USC is entirely too pedestrian for someone like Dail and frankly that is hardly worth a cover up. I would think bigger - a judges son/daughter, a senators son/daughter, some other powerfull type person.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

dail_dinwiddie.png

Dail Dinwiddie was 23 years old when she went missing on September 24, 1992. She had just completed an art history degree at Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg, Virginia and had returned to her native Columbia, South Carolina to enroll at the University of South Carolina for graduate school. The night Dail went missing, she had attended a U2 concert with some friends at Williams-Brice stadium. After the concert, the friends went to a local bar called Jungle Jim’s, now renamed The Horseshoe. Dail somehow got separated from the group and was never seen again, despite many extensive searches. Detective Kevin Isenhoward of the Richland County Sheriff’s Office, who is investigating along with Columbus Police, told Dateline they have received promising tips in the past year, but nothing that has yet led to Dail. The case remains open. At the time of her disappearance, Dail was 5’ tall and weighed 98 lbs., with brown hair and eyes. She would be in her 50s today. A $20,000 is being offered for information that leads to Dail. If you have any information about what may have happened to Dail, please contact the Columbia Police Department at (803) 315-3750.

MIDLANDS ATTORNEY ARRESTED - The Daily Counter News
March 18, 2021
• rbbm.
''Today, Thursday, March 18, 2021 at approximately 07:40 a.m. Harry Gregory (DOB: 12/29/1959) was arrested. The Sheriff’s Department Fugitive Task Force, Special Victims Unit, Major Crimes Unit and Columbia Police Department executed a search warrant and arrest warrant at a home on Windsor Road where Gregory was taken into custody without incident.

Gregory is charged with lewd acts upon a child, stemming from incidents that occurred from 2002 to 2004 when the victim was a minor.

Gregory will be booked at the Alvin S Glen Detention Center.

*On Background*The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is aware of rumors that circulated last fall connecting Gregory with the disappearance of Dail Dinwiddie. The department is committed to investigating all tips thoroughly. There is no new information to provide on the Dinwiddie missing persons case.''

MIDLANDS ATTORNEY ARRESTED - The Daily Counter News
March 18, 2021
• rbbm.
''Today, Thursday, March 18, 2021 at approximately 07:40 a.m. Harry Gregory (DOB: 12/29/1959) was arrested. The Sheriff’s Department Fugitive Task Force, Special Victims Unit, Major Crimes Unit and Columbia Police Department executed a search warrant and arrest warrant at a home on Windsor Road where Gregory was taken into custody without incident.

Gregory is charged with lewd acts upon a child, stemming from incidents that occurred from 2002 to 2004 when the victim was a minor.

Gregory will be booked at the Alvin S Glen Detention Center.

*On Background*The Richland County Sheriff’s Department is aware of rumors that circulated last fall connecting Gregory with the disappearance of Dail Dinwiddie. The department is committed to investigating all tips thoroughly. There is no new information to provide on the Dinwiddie missing persons case.''

Somehow, just a feeling, just my opinion…this or this guy is connected to Dail Dinwiddie’s disappearance. I fear though that too many years have past to put it all together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back