Found Deceased SC - Duncan Alexander Burrell-Gordon, Fell Into Shredder at Recycling Plant, Greer

Any updates yet?
The coroner's office has DNA and is conducting interviews according to this article.

JUN 15, 2022
The Spartanburg County Coroner’s Office confirmed that DNA was located at the plant.

Clevenger said his office is still conducting interviews as part of its ongoing investigation.

The coroner's office has DNA and is conducting interviews according to this article.

JUN 15, 2022
The Spartanburg County Coroner’s Office confirmed that DNA was located at the plant.

Clevenger said his office is still conducting interviews as part of its ongoing investigation.
BBM. That is so vague. Of course DNA was found at the plant. Who's DNA? Where? Please, this is ridiculous. (This comment is not directed at @PommyMommy, who posted the poorly written (researched?) article.)

BBM. That is so vague. Of course DNA was found at the plant. Who's DNA? Where? Please, this is ridiculous. (This comment is not directed at @PommyMommy, who posted the poorly written (researched?) article.)
Post #32 has a link to MSM that states the DNA found is a match to this young man's parents. But it doesn't say the source nor the location of where it was found.

Post #32 has a link to MSM that states the DNA found is a match to this young man's parents. But it doesn't say the source nor the location of where it was found.
THANK YOU! I somehow completely missed that post! It says DNA matching his parents was found on the conveyor belt. That doesn't sound good at all.

THANK YOU! I somehow completely missed that post! It says DNA matching his parents was found on the conveyor belt. That doesn't sound good at all.
I honestly am not shocked that his DNA would be found at or near his work station. But they don't say if it's blood, skin, etc, or was it a large amount or barely noticeable to the naked eye? They are being very tight-lipped.

JUN 17, 2022
The Spartanburg County Coroner confirmed Tuesday afternoon that human remains on a conveyor belt found after a 20-year-old man went missing match the DNA of his parents.

JUN 29, 2022
Sources said the substance found on the conveyor belt looked like ground up flesh and filled a plastic bag. Jason Hoag, president of Industrial Recovery and Recycling, could not be reached for comment.

JUN 30, 2022
Clevenger told WYFF News 4 on Thursday that there is no update on the case, other than OSHA investigating, and it remains a missing person's case.

The remains of a man missing since May were found in a machine in a plant in Spartanburg County.

On June 10, the Spartanburg County Coroner’s Office was contacted regarding the positive results of testing for the DNA of Gordon.

After meeting with the sheriff’s office, the coroner’s office arranged exams for the material. The results showed the material was consistent with human fat, microscopically minute particles of skin and small pieces of bone.

Approximately two ounces were recovered by the detective from the conveyor belt, the coroner’s office said.

Sincere condolences to his family.

It's shocking that this could happen and the plant not shut down. I wonder if there were significant changes made to prevent another tragedy - such as to safety features on the machines, no one working alone, security cameras in work areas?
I assume the legal reports won't be released to the public, but this kind of tragedy shouldn't just happen (not just happening but no one knowing for days). ETA: I really wonder about the safety plans this plant had. My opinions only.

In June, Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said the coroner's office had joined the investigation into his disappearance.

At that time Clevenger said his "office has been given information that warrants an investigation, but I do not have a body as is the usual mode we are accustomed to."

Clevenger said, at the time, that without a body or more evidence he cannot call this a death investigation.

At the end of June, the South Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Administration (SC OSHA) confirmed the agency was part of the investigation.

On Wednesday, Clevenger sent another update saying the case was centered around a machine at the plant.

Clevenger said the machine had been viewed four times.
More @ link:

Last edited:
I find it almost impossible to believe a grown man fell into a shredder and only 2 ounces of material was found. IMO, there would have been blood and other material spattered all over the place, not just under a conveyor belt. Another employee, whether on night shift or day shift, would have walked into quite a disturbing scene. What evidence they have found leads me to believe someone cleaned up and said nothing.

I find it almost impossible to believe a grown man fell into a shredder and only 2 ounces of material was found. IMO, there would have been blood and other material spattered all over the place, not just under a conveyor belt. Another employee, whether on night shift or day shift, would have walked into quite a disturbing scene. What evidence they have found leads me to believe someone cleaned up and said nothing.
This is what I think as well. At the time the accident happened there had to be a huge amount of ‘evidence’ for lack of a more gruesome word. I have never believed this happened and went completely unnoticed at the time. MOO

In June, Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said the coroner's office had joined the investigation into his disappearance.

At that time Clevenger said his "office has been given information that warrants an investigation, but I do not have a body as is the usual mode we are accustomed to."

Clevenger said, at the time, that without a body or more evidence he cannot call this a death investigation.

At the end of June, the South Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Administration (SC OSHA) confirmed the agency was part of the investigation.

On Wednesday, Clevenger sent another update saying the case was centered around a machine at the plant.

Clevenger said the machine had been viewed four times.
More @ link:
SBM

Clevenger said his office is unable to issue a conventional death certificate in this matter.

He said state regulations require another remedy for the family to get closure because there is no body. The family has been made aware of the process.

Clevenger said at this time the missing person's case is closed.

#

dear lord...he fell into the shredder at the plant. The poor man...

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article263243493.html
SBM

A man missing since early May fell into a shredding machine in an Upstate recycling center and died, tests show. [snip] Clevenger said he can’t issue a death certificate because there is no body, but state law provides another remedy for families to establish death.
#

Rest in peace, Duncan. :(

... I have so many questions...
That article states 2oz of his remains were found.
This previous Article states the ground up meat substance found on the conveyor belt was enough to fill a plastic bag?
Also it was suspected from the beginning of May that he had possibly fallen in the machine, and LE was investigating that - but it's not until now that it's confirmed he fell in? And they kept using the machine?
What am I missing?
They also state cadaver dogs were used but doesn't say if they hit on anything. Can cadaver dogs hit on samples from remains that were immediately pulverized at time of death? Or does the decomp process alter that? Sorry to be graphic but -
What even ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back