Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still

dont quite understand what the relevance of having the tow cars towed is toward the case.... Its going to be interesting to find out why they were towed, and if anything was found?

Authorities gave an update on the investigation Thursday morning. At that time, police said they had towed two cars from the home where the child lived.
Sgt Evan Antley with the Cayce Department of Public Safety confirmed that the vehicles were removed from the home but didn't share details of anything that 'may or may not have been found in those vehicles'.

I don't think their ready to share anything about why the cars were towed but they must have towed them for a reason. jmo

What small nugget of a community has two deceased bodies discovered within hours of each other, one a missing child and another a male, without them being related?? Of course they are related - how has yet to be revealed. Personally I think murder/suicide.

If LEO knows who the “deceased male” is... I would imagine that someone if not several residents would already be posting his ID on social media, but they aren’t. Why? Several neighbors have been giving interviews.
I am skeptic, still not sure that “deceased male” is involved. I think neighbors would be crucifying him if he lived nearby, thanking God he hadn’t hurt one of their children.
LE probably does know his identity. They just haven't made it public yet.
Maybe the family knows and were asked not to say anything about the case.
It does seem like at least neighbors would find out quickly who it was, though. Maybe they were asked not to speak to the media? Idk but it probably won't be long before it's either leaked or LE makes a statement. Jmo

I don’t think they would have mentioned the male body during the press conference if they didn’t think it was related. Maybe they did it to allow people there to relax and/or not suspect and attack each other.
I agree. If LE didn't want the public to connect the two, the male's body would not have been mentioned. This isn't the kind of thing they would mislead the public about. Usually, they will hide details. ETA: They want the public to know the killer isn't going to attack anyone else.

Will there
In these type of deaths, decedents official identification will be by the coroner and requires more than Id found inside his home. I don’t think it will be long before we learn the male’s name from coroner.
Will there then be a family member needed to id the male? And probably Faye as well, sadly. Perhaps someone based on the house he was found in for the deceased male, some other relative.

Or am I watching too many CSI tv shows?

This case reminds me of the Jessica Ridgeway case in Colorado. Teenager Austin Sigg kidnapped Jessica as she walked to school, then sexually assaulted her and killed her at his home, while his mother was a work. Except Sigg didn't turn up dead.

Molly Grantham WBTV on Twitter
The second @WBTVCamMan got into work today, he heard about Faye Swetlik and got back in his car and drove to Cayce, SC. He'll be live at 11p tonight with latest on what law enforcement says, and how the community is already remembering her. Only 6-years old. @WBTV_News
EQs1qqBXUAU3b2R.jpg

8:53 PM - 13 Feb 2020

I can't find the address of her home. I wanted to check the offenders in the area. Anyone have it

Already looked. There are a few offenders close by but none that have been convicted of young children. One has history with a teen. Personally I don't think it's one of these guys. Just my opinion.

16 Londonderry Ln
Cayce SC

Judging solely on what has been reported so far, it seems to me that the following scenario played itself out.

1) Faye was the object of attention by a neighbor living close to her.
2) Said neighbor was known to Faye, speaking terms, etc. She knew this person.
3) With a simple wave of the hand, Faye would have ventured over to see this person. (sudden disappearance)
4) After she disappeared, said neighbor wouldn't open or answer the door for law enforcement........or, he did open the door and played it down to the point that law enforcement was disarmed and satisfied.
5) After a day or two....................the decision was made to terminate her life, due to mounting pressure all around him.
6) Her body was taken and put in a shallow grave, somewhere behind the NAPA auto parts store. (crime scene tape in the woods)
7) Said neighbor was so overcome with guilt and grief, he killed himself, leaving behind a note. (gun, drugs, hanging...did he make a 911 call ?)
8) Law enforcement was called to the scene of a suicide, read the note, locked down the entire neighborhood, blocked everyone from entry or exit. Started checking trash dumpsters. (Flurry of activity earlier this morning)
9) With information gleaned from the note, Faye was located later in the morning. (crime scene tape in the woods)
10) Later that same afternoon, law enforcement gets on tv and admits she was found, but refuse to tie the cases together. (typical)
11) Note to self: If law enforcement didn't think the two deaths were connected, they wouldn't have brought it up during the presser. (CYA)
12) Note to self: Tracking dogs are useless.

This is all just my opinion, and theory, based on what we know so far.

Last edited:
I stepped away from Websleuths for a bit, because sometimes the pain is overwhelming. However, I read about this sweet girl being found dead and I don't know that much about this case, so I needed to come here. I knew everyone here would be up to speed.

I've read some posts from all three threads, but I can't read them all. I saw references to the presser and to a video of Faye coming off the bus. If anyone has those near at hand, would you repost them? Thank you.

Also, Droctagon89, thank you for the information. Had you ever met him through your friend, the roommate? (If it's ok for you to answer).

This case reminds me of the Jessica Ridgeway case in Colorado. Teenager Austin Sigg kidnapped Jessica as she walked to school, then sexually assaulted her and killed her at his home, while his mother was a work. Except Sigg didn't turn up dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosthrough