SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the police report was written up by 12/20, he must have admitted speaking to her by then, right? But maybe not to the times they spoke, or number of calls. I do wonder why her mom (was it her mom?) said "last time anyone admitted talking to her was 3:41." Of course, I also wonder how it is there was call activity after that, not seen by TE apparently, when he pulled up the account.

But I guess we shall continue to wonder...does not look like we will be filled in anytime soon.

I just cannot imagine how stupid one would have to be to be confronted with the fact that LE knows you were on the phone to her and not also realize they would know how many times and when the calls took place. So if he lied about that...he cannot be too bright.

But then no one says criminals are bright either...often they are lucky.

(emphasis above is mine) This is what I've been saying. The phone record, based on remarks by TE about the last time it was used, does not jive with the phone record reference in the PR.

I can pull up my record right now and see the text I sent a few minutes ago as the last usage of my phone.

I don't understand how TE could not see activity for another 2+ hours if he saw the call made at 3:41.

I realize there may be missing info, LE info we don't know about, but when you state that it's known the last time the phone was used was 3:41, and you're talking about what you saw and what you shared with LE, how can the last calls have occurred through 6 a.m.?

And I'm not talking about pings. I mean the log of calls/texts sent and received.

I remember Terry saying her last call was at 3:41am to Nancy Grace, I believe. I also read her phone was active until 6am and that's when it pinged last. I am assuming they were texting between 3:41am and 6am.

I do think she drove her car to PTL and willingly got into another vehicle, since the car was locked and purse, keys and phone were gone.

I read earlier someone stating they didn't think a guilty person would willingly immerse themselves in drama, or didn't understand why, something along those lines. I think a guilty person who was very over confidant would. I think a guilty person displaying such immature, taunting behaviour would do so because they are angry and not thinking as clearly (that what they say could further implicate them of a crime) and they do not believe they will be caught. adding insult to injury for the victims family makes them feel good. I do believe a certain person who may or may not be guilty, that is the centre of much drama has a very strong hatred for HE and truly gets enjoyment from seeing the family in such pain.

I think most people would not have warm fuzzy feeling towards their husbands other woman. That being said, I think most people who were being looked at for a crime they did not commit would do everything in their power to prove their innocents. If a person was missing and you were accused of being responsible wouldn't you want them found, to at the very least, clear your name?

I would like to see this on Dr. Phil. Have OMM and OMW take a polygraph, like when MR was on.

If OMM is responsible, I do not think he is the mastermind behind this. I believe a certain (jealous) someone is calling the shots. I also think the duration of HE and OMMs relationship was longer then "some" would like everyone to think and I do believe strong emotions were involved by both HE and OMM, it was not purely physical.

All just MOO.

I hope I have stayed within the thread guidelines, I'm a little confused on what's ok to discuss and what not. I don't post much and probably will not continue to post regularly so I apologize for the array of topics in this post.

"Horry County police are following up on leads concerning phone activity between Elvis’ phone and the man who’s nearly twice her age, police records show.
A police report says Elvis’ father contacted T-Mobile, his cellular provider, which the report says provided him with a call history for the victim’s phone.
According to the report, the last phone calls were at about 6 a.m. Dec. 18, about four hours after Elvis and Shiraldi ended their date.
The calls were back and forth between the victim and the older man, the report said."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

"We know that the cell phone was last used 3:41 Wednesday morning, AM. That`s been confirmed. I found that the first night when I -- her phone is actually on our account, and I pulled up the information, and that was the last known use of the phone." (TE)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../06/ng.01.html

(emphasis above is mine) This is what I've been saying. The phone record, based on remarks by TE about the last time it was used, does not jive with the phone record reference in the PR.

I can pull up my record right now and see the text I sent a few minutes ago as the last usage of my phone.

I don't understand how TE could not see activity for another 2+ hours if he saw the call made at 3:41.

I realize there may be missing info, LE info we don't know about, but when you state that it's known the last time the phone was used was 3:41, and you're talking about what you saw and what you shared with LE, how can the last calls have occurred through 6 a.m.?

And I'm not talking about pings. I mean the log of calls/texts sent and received.

We were given allot more information concerning BD's phone pings and texts. Some of Heather's phone info has become public but I suspect LE has asked TE not to discuss the later calls after the one with BW.

JMO
Thats the thing though. I believe LE referred to it as "activity" which could be pings or some other information they were able to obtain from the records they pulled which is different than what TE first was able to get.

It could have been that TE only got phone calls and not texts at first either because if I am not mistaken, some services allow you discounts if you elect not to receive text message records. So maybe they had a plan where the text messages were not part of their normal monthly statements and yet they are still available by the provider when LE asked for all records. Or it could have been other activity, like pings or calls going to the phone that were never picked up and never went to voice mail but just rang the phone.
Or maybe even "walkie talkie" feature but not sure if that is recordable.

Until we are able to see what LE referred to as "activity", i dont think we will know for sure, but I do think LE was correct when they said activity occurred up till 6.

I had mentioned "deflection" the other day well before I saw that term used by someone else.

Here is an analogy I tend to think about.
When a child with a sibling does something wrong and is confronted, a common reaction is to deflect the blame onto the other sibling. If no sibling exists, then Johnny across the street did it. If Johnny across the street does not exist, then the accuser themselves must be at fault somehow. Lets lash out at the accuser because thats all i got.

That also touches upon internal vs external locus of control. When it's never that person's fault (external)—the universe is out to get them, they didn't do well on a paper because the biased professor doesn't like the topic, their collar-less cat is lost because their lazy roommate left the gate open, they overslept because their inconsiderate neighbors were watching a loud movie the night before, etc etc. A fully internal locus isn't the best either (didn't know well on the paper because they are a terrible writer, the cat got out because they're an awful pet owner, etc) but at least it doesn't manifest as negatively in personal relationships.

The most unpleasant people I have ever known/dated (sadly) have been the former type. Zero accountability. Since everything in their life is so outside their control (supposedly), it's not surprising they latch onto anything they know they can control, even if it's at the expense of someone's self esteem. Someone like this who feels they're getting away with something would be especially delighted at the opportunity.

:two cents:

One of the most redeeming traits a person can have, IMO, is the ability to acknowledge that what they said was uncalled for, that they can see how their behavior may have alarmed people, etc. But that requires empathy..

I agree with this.

Sydney Moorer defintely made it sound...if quoted correctly...that there was ONE contact with HE in which he told her to leave him alone. This was before LE got the phone records.

Perhaps he just lied to the police in furtherance of another lie he was telling to his wife about the affair being over. In that case, he had to choose between helping in the search for a missing young girl...a young girl that he had once been close enough to be intimate with...and protecting his lies to his wife.

He chose to help himself....not Heather. Think about that. If he's innocent, then this young girl he has held in his arms and made love to....could be in the hands of some murderous pervert, and Sidney Moorer chooses to protect his lies to his wife....and himself.

What a guy.

My opinion only.

I doubt Sidney was in love with Heather. I don't know much about their relationship though...were they just meeting up for sex? Did they have...actual conversations? If he is innocent, it's not hard for me to see why he wouldn't care that much. There are so many guys who sleep with girls, and consider them "trashy" for doing so, and then have less respect for them. Apparently, men are able to sleep with women and not develop any feelings for them. So if he was just using Heather for sex, and then she goes missing, and her family is accusing him of having something to do with it, I could see a lot of guys just not caring about what happened to her...

That also touches upon internal vs external locus of control. When it's never that person's fault (external)—the universe is out to get them, they didn't do well on a paper because the biased professor doesn't like the topic, their collar-less cat is lost because their lazy roommate left the gate open, they overslept because their inconsiderate neighbors were watching a loud movie the night before, etc etc. A fully internal locus isn't the best either (didn't know well on the paper because they are a terrible writer, the cat got out because they're an awful pet owner, etc) but at least it doesn't manifest as negatively in personal relationships.

The most unpleasant people I have ever known/dated (sadly) have been the former type. Zero accountability. Since everything in their life is so outside their control (supposedly), it's not surprising they latch onto anything they know they can control, even if it's at the expense of someone's self esteem. Someone like this who feels they're getting away with something would be especially delighted at the opportunity.

One of the most redeeming traits a person can have, IMO, is the ability to acknowledge that what they said was uncalled for, that they can see how their behavior may have alarmed people, etc. But that requires empathy..

"Someone like this who feels they're getting away with something would be especially delighted at the opportunity." My thoughts exactly!! Shows guilt IMO

I honestly don't think it's that unusual for someone who is being falsely accused of a crime to have major resentment and anger towards those accusing them. Yes, their daughter is missing, but when your reputation and livelihood is on the line, you aren't going to care. Especially if the people accusing you are complete strangers. So I don't see it as an indication of guilt. I could definitely see innocent people reacting the same way.

Excellent points.

My brother was the former type growing up and my self-esteem took many hard hits. Somehow i think I was able to glue it back together when I got older. :)

I honestly don't think it's that unusual for someone who is being falsely accused of a crime to have major resentment and anger towards those accusing them. Yes, their daughter is missing, but when your reputation and livelihood is on the line, you aren't going to care. Especially if the people accusing you are complete strangers. So I don't see it as an indication of guilt. I could definitely see innocent people reacting the same way.
The first thing I would do is request a private face to face conversation with the parents of the missing child with the hope that they would be able to sense my sincerity and honesty when I explained that I wasnt guilty of making their child disappear. I would also show any proof I had such as surveillance vids and phone records. I dont trust lie detectors but I may even consider taking one if it would help them get on the right track to finding their child quicker. If, after Ive tried everything in my power to convince them, they still harassed me, then, I may get angry. Even then I wouldnt behave like the Ms are behaving.

I would argue that when your reputation and livelihood is on the line, you absolutely care.
Major resentment/anger and outward expression of resentment/anger are different.
I would argue that most people who have a decent reputation work to keep their reputation decent.
I won't comment as to my opinion of whether or not outward expressions of anger and resentment are an indication of guilt or innocence but it sure is a reflection of character.

Could HE have told OMM in advance that she was going out on a date in an effort to make OMM jealous perhaps, or even pushing to get him to choose between wife and HE. (something a 20yr old might think would work). That may have led to OMM promising HE that he would leave his wife for her (meant it at the time).

Following on from this theory - OMM was caught by his wife while he was in contact with HE around 6am. I would then consider that the wife stood her ground insisting that OMM contact HE and tell her to stop harassing him and he did what he was told (covering his ...)

I would think that we can accept that HE wasn't dragged from her car considering her personal effects are missing and the car was locked - so what happened?
Would HE have gone around to confront OMM's wife after that last call? HE had already copped a physical confrontation weeks earlier from his wife, so probably not likely.

It all depends on whether those 6am calls were made from PTL or HE's apartment. If it were PTL, I would expect she would drive home or go visit someone whom she knew was home at that hour and didn't need to be called first.

If HE was in the apartment at the time of the 6am calls, would she be impulsive enough to go jump in the car and go out without any plan?

Whom would Heather have turned to? If the family didn't approve of the affair, then she likely wouldn't go there. I'd be looking for who knew of the affair. Roomie was out of town. Who was available at 6-7am?

The first thing I would do is request a private face to face conversation with the parents of the missing child with the hope that they would be able to sense my sincerity and honesty when I explained that I wasnt guilty of making their child disappear. I would also show any proof I had such as surveillance vids and phone records. I dont trust lie detectors but I may even consider taking one if it would help them get on the right track to finding their child quicker. If, after Ive tried everything in my power to convince them, they still harassed me, then, I may get angry. Even then I wouldnt behave like the Ms are behaving.

But people have different personalities. Not everyone is going to be all accommodating to people who are ruining their life. Plenty of people would be angry as soon as some crazed mob comes after them.

IMHO: HE drove to PTL sometime after her date ended. It would be too risky to go too much later in the very early morning because sportsmen use that landing and the risk of being seen would be great. There is only one way in/out of PTL and there are people living nearby. I think she was summoned there by a certain someone and he did not show up alone - that's when things started to go wrong.

Lets compare for a minute the reaction of the date who was immediately thrust into this situation as well. What was his reaction? Well, as far as I know, he did all the right things and took major steps working directly with LE and the family to be sure they got what they needed from him.

I am sure he was very uncomfortable and he probably hated to have to meet and talk to LE and the family, but he did it. Because he handled things properly, it has helped him and there was minimal adverse impact. There is some impact and it is unavoidable to an extent, but he minimized it by his proper actions IMO.

I agree with this. I think, too, if such a person were innocent of a crime and that said person were quite a narcissist then it would be an expected reaction. When the illusion of a narcissist's fantasy life has been threatened, e.g., the appearance of a perfect marriage, their cooperation becomes severely impaired. It wouldn't necessarily indicate guilt as it could very easily be nothing more than just their own unconscious defence mechanisms kicking into gear.

Lets compare for a minute the reaction of the date who was immediately thrust into this situation as well. What was his reaction? Well, as far as I know, he did all the right things and took major steps working directly with LE and the family to be sure they got what they needed from him.

I am sure he was very uncomfortable and he probably hated to have to meet and talk to LE and the family, but he did it. Because he handled things properly, it has helped him and there was minimal adverse impact. There is some impact and it is unavoidable to an extent, but he minimized it by his proper actions IMO.

Exactly!:drumroll:

The following was removed and any discussion following it as well...
Can anyone explain about the psychology behind a potential POI publicly taunting a member of a victims family? What would be her desired outcome and what would she have to gain by doing so?

There is nothing in MSM stating anything like this. Knock off the discussion about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jensy