SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if anyone/media besides the person who tweeted about the money said it was taken on the 18th? I can't find anything...

One of the people who got arrested about this case (and is not a Moorer) was at the hearing and he stated that it was the 18th.

I know it's been said the IE charges stemmed from their statements of having sex between the 17-18 at those places given, however I wonder if their sexcapades didn't actually happen between those dates but rather previously, as in way earlier dates.

I remember reading on Tammy's FB that she had sex with Sidney either in a dressing room or a bathroom somewhere, I totally forget and of course it's not there now.

I also read that Tammy sent Heather a VERY explicit text PHOTO of what Sidney was doing to her. Heather was at work when she got that text and shared it with a coworker as she was very upset about it. I think this was maybe in November? I forget.

I know this information was sent to police bc it was on the web with several people commenting how trifling these people are. Could police have used that in conjunction with Tammy & Sidney's attempt at an alibi by saying they were having sex all over when Heather disappeared? Like maybe since they were saying they had sex here & there on a specific date, then maybe le called their bluffs and charged them so they had something to hold them on while they gathered more evidence?

Great seeing you, Jersey*Girl! :seeya: Thanks for the info. It's no wonder Heather moved after getting those threatening texts from TM.

I also am wondering if there were some threats against her family and she was trying to distance herself from them as well. Now that we know that there are journals and other things about the family, I can see TM using that as a threat to keep Heather away from SM or SM from Heather.

Wonder if SM divulged to Heather about what TM was up to?

Kelly

~Respectfully Snipped
I will check it out, thank you.

Just because LE said it does not make it true.

LE also said Heather was on the phone in some capacity with SM until 6am. Definitely. This really bothers me because they have completely changed their story.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/12/4089223/home-of-suspects-in-heather-elvis.html

Actually, iirc LE has always said last known activity of Heather was the 3:41 call and with continued activity between Heather's phone and SM's phone until about 6:00 a.m.

It's always been one of the big questions. TE uses the last call time as 3:17 a.m. I believe. So there have been numerous questions about what her phone was doing between 3:17 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.

Just point that out because it has been an important topic of discussion since the case started.

Salem

~Respectfully Snipped

Actually, iirc LE has always said last known activity of Heather was the 3:41 call and with continued activity between Heather's phone and SM's phone until about 6:00 a.m.

It's always been one of the big questions. TE uses the last call time as 3:17 a.m. I believe. So there have been numerous questions about what her phone was doing between 3:17 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.

Just point that out because it has been an important topic of discussion since the case started.

Salem

Yes, the phone is one confusing part of the time line!

Kelly

I am not sure that all or most "no body" cases have crime scene locale. Sometimes they have to go by the facts they do have...all of the calls, texts, videos, threats, whatever dNA they may have, motive, opportunity, the fact that Heather has never been seen, heard from or used any cards for money since, etc...

Anyway...I KNOW she is dead, in my brain. Maybe if TM's posts about Heather were not so seething with hatred/rage (IMO), I could consider her having been "paid off" by the M's to "get lost" or run away. But in my mind, if Heather encountered TM or a representative of TM that night...she did not live through it.
I think this will truly be a case of dozens of bits of info that jurors will be asked to examine and conclude that Heather must be dead, beyond reasonable (not ALL) doubt and that her death came about via the Moorers. I could do it, without knowing where they actually killed her.

JMO

I am not sure if the evidence you mentioned above would be enough for a conviction. Besides DNA, I think they would need more physical evidence. Also, since it was a couple of months before they searched their car, who knows if the DNA was contaminated (if that is where it came from)? With successful no-body prosecutions, so many of them have smoking guns.

He compared a prosecutor's case in a "no body" situation to a three-legged stool, with it being best to have all three legs. One is forensic evidence like blood, hair and fiber, a second is a confession to police, and the third is a confession to friends, family or jailhouse informants.

"The best 'no body' cases have all of these," DiBiase said. "In most cases, because you don't have the body itself, you have to have one of these three things to make the case."

DiBiase is the man who runs that No Body website.

I don't get it. :waitasec: What difference does it make if the 5K was taken out via ATM vs. going inside a bank? Either way, I'm sure there is video surveillance of the transaction.

T I M E - that's what I think is important. Taking funds from an ATM means convenience of time. So 5g from an ATM means they didn't want to go inside of a bank for whatever reason, or as somebody else said maybe the bank wasn't open at that time. Idk. Also, it's easier to disguise yourself at an ATM as opposed to going inside to a teller...not that that's the case here. I'm only wondering bc I'm thinking about the surrounding stores to whatever ATM was used. Were any of them utilized? Lowes, Home Depot, or small town hardware store?

A couple of random thoughts...

Was it stated that the ATM withdrawal was from their account(s)? Or just that they made an ATM withdrawal?

I keep thinking back to the Brandon Lavergne case. IIRC, LE stated that Mickey was most likely deceased even though they had not found a body yet. I don't remember if any info was ever released as to why they believed that before a confession and without a body.

A couple of random thoughts...

Was it stated that the ATM withdrawal was from their account(s)? Or just that they made an ATM withdrawal?

I keep thinking back to the Brandon Lavergne case. IIRC, LE stated that Mickey was most likely deceased even though they had not found a body yet. I don't remember if any info was ever released as to why they believed that before a confession and without a body.

In the Mickey Shunick case I believe that they made that decision around the time they found her bike at the river. Its been awhile, but that's what I recall.

Kelly

I, for one, am not having a terrible issue with the timeline. Jodi Arias stabbed Travis Alexander 29 times, dragged him through the hallway, cut his throat ear-to-ear, shot him, and drug his body back into the shower during this series of events in about 2 minutes. I don't recall the EXACT amount of time, but I recall it being extremely quick.

Jodi was extremely little compared to Travis.

TM is HUGE compared to Heather and with the amount of pent up rage and obsession she had for her, I have no doubts she probably could have landed one punch to her precious little face and killed her instantly. If she had been punched in the nose, there may have been some blood at the scene we are not privy to yet. With it being a boat landing, one of the Ms could have grabbed some of the lake water and tried to wash over the spot before leaving.

Pretty crazy theory, but it is just something I am thinking could be plausible.

~Respectfully Snipped

Salem

3:17 was the last call Heather made that was answered. The calls she made after that went unanswered, so would not show up on the cell info TE was logging into.

I, for one, am not having a terrible issue with the timeline. Jodi Arias stabbed Travis Alexander 29 times, dragged him through the hallway, cut his throat ear-to-ear, shot him, and drug his body back into the shower during this series of events in less than 2-3 minutes. I don't recall the EXACT amount of time, but I recall it being extremely quick.

TM is HUGE compared to Heather and with the amount of pent up rage and obsession she had for her, I have no doubts she probably could have landed one punch to her precious little face and killed her instantly. If she had been punched in the nose, there may have been some blood at the scene we are not privy to yet. With it being a boat landing, one of the Ms could have grabbed some of the lake water and tried to wash over the spot before leaving.

Very true.

I think, also, we are making assumptions that there was no evidence because LE hasn't said yet what evidence they have from PTL that makes them sure that is where the crime took place. Right now, the only information we really have that is concrete is the information that LE has provided, and that is limited for a reason.

I am hoping once the 28th hearing comes around a lot of our questions will be answered. Thought it does seem like a short time for the murder to occur, I also believe that it is doable. Just the manner is in question as there is no affirmation from LE on the evidence found at PTL.

IMHO

Kelly

Okay.... But how do the police explain that they said, up until very recently, about Heather and Sidney Moorer communicating until 6am? When did that change?

Was her phone on and communicating with someone's until 6am? I find it hard to believe that LE just came upon those surveillance tapes, so why did LE want people believe that Heather was alive much later, if it was not true?

Until the bond hearing, I think most of us believed that whatever happened, happened at or after 6am. Now the solicitor wants the court to believe that a murder happened between 3:39am to 3:41am and the murders cleaned up the evidence too...Maybe I am missing something major here, but that just doesn't make sense. Both theories can't be true.

This leaves room in my mind for something else to have happened.

The original missing persons police report from Dec. 19, 2013 said Terry Elvis showed police T-Mobile phone records indicating phone activity between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18. Lt. Robert Kegler, spokesman for Horry County police, said Tuesday afternoon that 3:41 a.m. is now the time police say when all phone data ended.

“The information [Donna Elder] gave is the information that I can give out,” Kegler said. “The original police report is just that. That’s what was known at the time. Other things have come out since then, which was said yesterday in court.”

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson agreed, saying the 6 a.m. time was a “roundabout figure.”

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

If Terry Elvis's T-Mobile bill said there was data activity until 6am and Kegler and the chief said there was communication between Heather and Sidney Moore until 6am, I think either Richardson or LE is playing fast and loose with the facts and the truth. This is simply his new spin, because the 6am theory does not fit with the theory brought on by the surveillance video.

A further disturbing strangeness about these times is the fact that while LE were repeatedly telling the public communications (and that was way after Terry checked his bill for the police report) were ongoing until 6am, Terry Elvis was saying that 3:41am was the last communication.

Now they are agreeing with Terry's 3:41am time Why?

Terry Elvis got it right from Day 1. The phone records do not lie. He went online and looked at the activity log and reported it to police.

If the 6 a.m. time is truly a "roundabout" communications time, then there should be calls on the log closer to that time.

We've also heard that the 6 a.m. time was a last ping time, then we heard that the police did not want to discuss pings. My feeling is that if you don't want pings entering the picture, don't add a last known ping to the mix, and then call it part of the "back and forth" communications between the victim and suspect.

So Terry Elvis saw what he saw, there was nothing complicated about it, and if I go on my carrier website right now, I can see the text I just sent two minutes ago acknowledging my friend's text that she's running late. Should I disappear between now and the time she arrives, and my phone is destroyed, or my Mac is nuked, it will be clear enough to anyone checking my logs as to when I stopped communicating.

In that event, please tell the public my time stamp on this post is the right time, should there be other claims. :)

If the murder or abduction happened in the truck, wouldn't there be a chance of contamination due to LE not obtaining the truck until 2 months later?

Am I allowed to post the rock pic that was on SM's FB page on Dec. 23? I think this is a clue as to where she is. After some google research I found the image someone had saved. Thanks!!

Hi MtnMom :)

Its fine as long as no children are in the picture.

I
Another thing I thought of is how Tm slipped up. She said in her FB post about Heather's calls that Sidney answered the 341 call to tell Heather to leave him alone. The 341 call was never answered. That is when her phone was disabled.

I snipped a bunch. TM listed all of the times of the phone calls. She said the 2nd phone call was answered. That phone call was at 3:17.

If the murder or abduction happened in the truck, wouldn't there be a chance of contamination due to LE not obtaining the truck until 2 months later?

I can't even fathom that any evidence from Heathers car wouldn't be in question from the defense. I don't know if it has been confirmed, but I recall an interview with TE where he states he drove Heather's car home after he and the police officer went to PTL.

I would think regardless, after 2 months, a defense attorney would have a field day with any evidence related to the trucks/cars in this case.

IMHO

Kelly

3 minutes is a short time span, but if LE has evidence that it happened at PTL, or has no evidence it happened anywhere else, they have no choice but to work w/ it.

3 minutes is a short time span, but if LE has evidence that it happened at PTL, or has no evidence it happened anywhere else, they have no choice but to work w/ it.

And that may be exactly what the answer is...there is no evidence to prove it happened anywhere BUT PTL.

Kelly

I, for one, am not having a terrible issue with the timeline. Jodi Arias stabbed Travis Alexander 29 times, dragged him through the hallway, cut his throat ear-to-ear, shot him, and drug his body back into the shower during this series of events in about 2 minutes. I don't recall the EXACT amount of time, but I recall it being extremely quick.

I agree. I actually set the timer on my phone for 3 minutes and it surprised me how long it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dinomom