SC SC - Megan Bodiford, 25, Endangered, may be in 2013-15 gray Ford Explorer, Denmark, 25 Apr 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

The Bamberg County Sheriff's Office is searching for a missing, endangered 25-year-old woman.

Officials say Megan Bodiford was last seen Thursday in Denmark. She was wearing a gray T-shirt and Batman pajama pants.

She has a few traffic violations, settled through fines, mostly seatbelt violations, in Bamberg county. https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Bamberg/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx There is only one pending thought there is more than one listed in the last week under NRVC (arrest date was earlier) which means Act 461 of 1980 authorized entry of South Carolina into the Non-Resident Violators Compact. "The NRVC provides a method for the enforcement of certain traffic violations which were previously unenforceable because the defendant did not post bond, did not appear for trial, and could not be located to be brought to trial or pay the fine." South Carolina Bench Book for Summary Court Judges - Traffic Section

So no red flags there. I did find some information that is very concerning as to why she is considered endangered but the news source is not an approved media source (not social media, but not recognized msm).

“If you don’t hear from me in thirty minutes, he killed me …”

The Bamberg County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) is searching for a missing mother of three from Denmark, South Carolina after she sent an ominous text message to friends.

“If you don’t hear from me in 30 minutes, he killed me,” the message read. “He has a gun.”

Megan Bodiford, 25, was last seen last Wednesday (April 24, 2024). Initial reports indicated her infant daughter was also missing, but the child was located safe yesterday. Close friends of Bodiford indicate this was not the first time they’ve been concerned for her safety following a series of alleged assaults by the father of her infant daughter.

“If you don’t hear from me in thirty minutes, he killed me …”

The Bamberg County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) is searching for a missing mother of three from Denmark, South Carolina after she sent an ominous text message to friends.

“If you don’t hear from me in 30 minutes, he killed me,” the message read. “He has a gun.”

Megan Bodiford, 25, was last seen last Wednesday (April 24, 2024). Initial reports indicated her infant daughter was also missing, but the child was located safe yesterday. Close friends of Bodiford indicate this was not the first time they’ve been concerned for her safety following a series of alleged assaults by the father of her infant daughter.
That's the article I hinted at, but didn't think fitsnews was an approved source at the time so I didn't link. Thanks for sharing.

On April 27, after a review of the call, call history, concern for a four-month-old baby in the home, and the boyfriend having an active warrant for domestic violence in the second degree, investigators requested the SLED Fugitive Task Force to assist in the executing of the search warrant for the boyfriend.

Around 8:11 a.m., investigators received cell phone data from the boyfriend’s cell phone. At 10:52 a.m., the search warrant was executed, and he was taken into custody as he was coming out of a shed in the backyard.

SLED found the four-month-old in the home in good health.

In a muddy turnoff adjacent to Turn Ray Road – located approximately two-and-a-half miles west of Denmark – charred human remains were discovered in a burnt out vehicle parked beneath utility wires.

According to reporter Sydney Hood of WRDW TV-12 (CBS – Augusta), investigators obtained data from Davis’ cell phone at 8:11 a.m. EDT last Saturday (April 27, 2024). At 10:52 a.m. EDT, the search warrant was executed by SLED’s fugitive task force and Davis was taken into custody “as he was coming out of a shed in the backyard,” per Hood’s report.

According to inmate records, he remains incarcerated at the Bamberg County detention center.

Davis has a lengthy criminal history including pending charges of domestic violence in neighboring Barnwell County. He was on parole at the time of Bodiford’s disappearance. A close friend of Bodiford indicated she had been messaging Davis’ parole officer for a month prior to her disappearance — out of concern for Bodiford’s safety — to inform them that he had been breaking the terms of his parole.

“She’s always been in danger,” one friend told us.

“No one deserves what happened to her. Period. Regardless of the circumstances, nobody deserves that,” the friend added

[...]

If you don’t hear from me in 30 minutes, he killed me,” the message read. “He has a gun.”

[...]

[...]
A welfare check was conducted, and Megan’s baby was located. Davis was arrested on domestic violence charges.
[..]

BBM above.

With the assistance of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, the Bamberg County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at that residence where Bodiford and her boyfriend were living on Ghents Branch Road on the morning of Saturday, April 27.

This was done after Bodiford was reported missing.

According to an incident report, the lead investigator on the case felt a search warrant was appropriate based on prior calls to that address, concern for the four-month-old baby in the home, and the fact that the boyfriend had an active domestic violence arrest warrant.

WIS obtained a copy of that search warrant Thursday.

It said the seized an iPhone 11 Pro, multiple security cameras, an HP laptop, a baby monitor and a Bushnell deer camera. They also took cigarette butts from the property.

“It is your affiant’s belief that evidence that may result in locating Megan Bodiford may be stored on these items,” the search warrant reads.

An autopsy on the remains was done on Thursday in Newberry.

Bamberg County Coroner Wallace Hicks estimates that getting a positive identification will likely take about a week.

Dental records and DNA must be studied, he said.

An autopsy of the remains was scheduled for Thursday in Newberry, and the coroner said it could take five to seven days to get an identification. He could not confirm what type of vehicle was found.

“It’s hard. It’s real hard. I just miss her so much. I really can’t describe it. I walked outside the other day and just said, ‘Lord, I don’t understand this.’ This is hard,” said Bodiford’s grandfather, Tommy Hutto.

“April the 11th, I heard from her and told her I loved her. She told me she loved me too. Forever and always,” said Heather Bodiford, Megan’s cousin

[...]
25-year-old Megan Bodiford of Denmark was last heard from on Thursday, April 25 when according to a Bamberg County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) incident report, she told a friend that she was worried her boyfriend may kill her. On Tuesday, human remains were discovered off Turn Ray Road in Denmark. The burnt car was located less than two miles from Bodiford’s last known location on Ghents Branch Road.
[...]

[...]
Debris from the car could still be found at the scene on Wednesday, nearly 24 hours later. Nickens said the discovery was shocking, and left her feeling confused, hurt and angry. Following her disappearance, investigators with BCSO said Bodiford could be found in a dark gray Ford Explorer. Bamberg County Coroner Wallace Hicks said on Wednesday he thought the abandoned car he found on scene matched that make and model.
[...]

[...]
Despite the fact Bodiford indicated she may be in danger, and according to the incident report had asked her friend to contact law enforcement if she did not hear from her in 30 minutes, law enforcement was not alerted until the following day.

After performing a wellness check on the residence on Ghents Branch Road, Bamberg County Sheriff Kenneth Bamberg requested the assistance of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division to execute a search warrant there on Saturday.

At 8 a.m., BCSO began receiving cell phone location data from the boyfriend’s phone, which led investigators to that address. An incident reports stated they found Bodiford’s four-month-old baby at the home, who was unharmed. They also found the boyfriend, who had an active warrant for second-degree domestic violence, at that location. However, there was no sign of Bodiford.

The boyfriend was taken into custody without incident “as he was coming out of a shed in the backyard,” the incident report states.
[...]

May 3, 2024

Jarrett Haskell Davis, 28, was charged with murder, possession of a weapon during a violent crime, unlawful possession of a firearm by a person convicted of a felony offense, arson in the third degree and desecration of human remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back