SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

[Part 2 of the video interview with Mica's dad on Law & Crime]

Q: Michael, here's the thing. I hate to ask you this, and I know it must be difficult to revisit it, but when you mentioned the 911 call, when that came out, I think a lot of people were suspecting there might be something. They were convinced that was the end of the story. When you mentioned the 911 call you said there's something about the way Mica sounded on the phone that sounded odd to you. What do you mean by that?

(16:32) Answer with Mica's dad: Very slow speech. She's a very happy go-lucky excitable person, uh, and she, it was too slow. It was very slow. It was metered, um, it could have been done with an AI type of previous recordings, where, uh somebody would have had those words from her previously or you know whatever. And so it just doesn't make sense.

Q: Do you have a theory as to what happened? Because authorities are saying, you know, they cross checked his alibi of where he was. Um, do you have a theory as to what happened? And again, I know this is sensitive. So if you don't want to share it, I understand, but do you have a theory as to what you believe happened to your daughter?

A: Well, I share what we spoke about with the authority, the sheriff in NC. Um, also, as far as with his location, uh, we've seen pictures of his truck. It had dark windows. Was it even him in there?

Where's pictures of him physically there? We haven't seen those.
They've not been produced. If someone else has them we would like to seem them to prove that he was there, otherwise it could be anybody in that truck.

(17:45) So the theory would be that uh, because she had multiple tracking devices put on her car previously, that she was followed out to the park or forced to go out to the park and they either follow her out there or she, which there's no reason for her to go out there, that's the main point as well. She's never been out there, we don't go up there. It's not a family spot, and she was off the trail enough into a Park Ranger only area that nobody knows about.

So, the theory would be that she was either tracked and then they said well we didn't find a tracking device, well they could have removed it at the park. When the car was the park, and then the car was collected by the authorities they didn't check for a tracker, which blew my mind.

(18:45) They said, oh we have all the evidence and everything. We asked them if there was a tracker on her car and they said well we didn't check. We were flabbergasted!

This happened over and over during that interview. Why didn't you check that? We know that there was 3 or 4 trackers put on her vehicles. Why wouldn't you check to see if she was followed?

They said oh there's no cameras, but we know she wasn't followed. Her car is just out here. They said no tracker. I said they could have removed it after they did the deed

(19:14) Mica's mother, Angelita, she said you know she said pretend this is Mica's hand (he uses a phone to demonstrate). She asked me, grab this hand and then she pulled it up, you know, and it looks like someone squeezed her hand and raised it up and shot. And there is defensive wounds from it and such.

And that's the general idea of our theory. That somebody crushed her hand to hold the gun up to her head while she's fighting, either them or someone else, held her other hand or her other arm back, because there's bruising on it from squeezing, and they forced it to look like that was self-inflicted.

And a couple of rounds went off during the scuffle, one ejected was live, and then it finally happened the way they would want it to happen and then dumped her in the water, probably 40 m away from where the shell casings and the gun was found.

(20:19) The water doesn't flow there. It's a slough. It's still. It just sinks. When it recesses it goes the other direction from where she was found.

So her body, even if it was put in the water right there, would not have flowed the direction where she was found, it would flow the other way. So it would be possible that the incident occurred right there and the shell casings and the gun was dumped in the water right there and then she was carried farther 40 meters back into a little bit more secluded area where she was found.

[I'll do the part with her sister tonight]

“We’re not seeing any grief here. We’re not seeing what we call adaptors, the things we use to self-soothe,” Scott Rouse told NewsNation on Tuesday night. “He’s got what’s supposed to be tears happening, that’s not happening. He’s got no tissues with him, his nose isn’t running … these are all the classic cues of someone who is faking an emotion.”

Rouse, who’s trained with the FBI and U.S. Department of Defense, said John-Paul feigned bereavement in addressing the congregation. A tell-tale “grief muscle” in his forehead never appeared, and his voice was “too clean” as he explained Mica’s death.

“This is one of those things that shows so many things that are wrong with him. I’m actually going to use this in training,” Rouse said.

John-Paul mentioned to congregants that Mica was struggling with mental illness at the time of her death, and was unable to get medication.

“He’s qualifying what happened to her. It’s horrible, but it’s really good when you want to show the body language of what shouldn’t be happening when someone’s grieving,” Rouse said.

Mica’s sister, Sierra Francis, said during Wednesday’s “Crime Stories” episode that there were red flags in the relationship for years. She also confirmed that Mica’s husband spotted her at the mall following her sister’s death, and claimed he tried to raise Mica “from the dead” after confusing Sierra with his deceased spouse.

Sierra said that her son, who was with her, immediately claimed they needed to get away from John-Paul Miller immediately.

“We’re very open with my son,” Sierra said. “Micah has come to my house multiple times to get away from her estranged husband, so my son is very aware of the danger surrounding him, to the point where whenever Micah passed away and my son came home I had to tell him that she had passed away…He said this is all John Paul’s fault.”

Last edited:
Despite police statements about Mica’s cause of death, the case has bred lots of online conspiracies, even causing Solid Rock Church, where John-Paul works, to receive much harassment. John-Paul has since been released from his pastoral duties, ABC 15 News reports. TikTok users have also noticed a new accountposting various videos of Mica, with every video on the account having at least more than 10,000 views.

An account with the name #justiceformica, which is run by Sierra Francis, Mica’s sister has also gone viral online. The account posts threatening messages that were allegedly from Mica’s husband, John-Paul.

Last edited:
The call to 911 was unusual, but Mica states her reason clearly. She wants her family to be able to find her body immediately after her death.

Why would someone who murdered her, want the same thing? Wouldn’t it be better to let her be found without that kind of help? Seems so risky.
Maybe because he knew he could provide his alibi to match the window of opportunity at the exact same time.

Last edited:
Maybe because he knew he could provide his alibi around the window of opportunity at the exact same time.
I find it odd that Mica would call 911 for the purpose that her family would find her body.
Why did she not call a family member directly, or send a text, or leave a note ?

She had already told her sister she would never shoot herself, so a note or text would have better informed the family than calling 911 with no last words to the family who so supported her.
imo

ABC15 obtained documents from Horry County Probate Court that outline the concerns Mica Miller's immediate family expressed regarding her death and her estate in the days following her death.

Prior to her death, Mica was in the middle of divorce proceedings with her estranged husband, John-Paul Miller, who is a pastor at Solid Rock Church in The Market Common.

According to an affidavit released to ABC15, Mica's sister, Sierra Francis applied to be the special administrator of Mica's estate on May 2, less than a week after her passing and four days before the Robeson County Medical Examiner announced her cause of death as suicide.

Sierra said Mica believed people were following her and John-Paul had hired people to keep track of where she went. Sierra added John-Paul later confirmed this information during a sermon she watched, per the affidavit.

The court documents state, Mica told her sister that John-Paul was moving assets that were in his name, such as his car, changing the deed to their house to the church and transferring interest in Crocodile Rocks to one of his sons. Crocodile Rocks is a piano bar in Myrtle Beach.

According to Horry County's online land records, the land was transferred
from John-Paul Miller to Solid Rock Ministries, Inc on December 15, 2023.

I find it odd that Mica would call 911 for the purpose that her family would find her body.
Why did she not call a family member directly, or send a text, or leave a note ?

She had already told her sister she would never shoot herself, so a note or text would have better informed the family than calling 911 with no last words to the family who so supported her.
imo
I took it to mean that she wanted her body discovered, so that her loved ones wouldn't have to worry about her being missing. I don't think she meant that she wanted them to discover her. IMO.

Probably does, and I can almost guarantee you that the first time he is back in his pulpit, which I predict may be this Sunday, he will be preaching about how he has been "crucified" in the press and social media, and about how Satan is out to defeat him. JMO
I totally agree.
I think his pulpit days are over though.

I don’t think his congregation or any congregation will forgive him for the cruel and vicious things he has repeatedly done, the documented threats that Mica’s sister has recorded and his complete lack of self-control.
The paper trail speaks for itself. He’s a liability now.
IMHO

Last edited:
MOD NOTE: Hey guys! Please remember the rules. If you need a refresher, the two most important links are in my signature.

"I read, someone said" is not an approved source. Something somebody said is rumor, not an approved source. LINKS ARE REQUIRED, not requested.

Fits News is an approved source, and has been for several years. The site that is about Myrtle Beach is not - it's posting rumors that they are finding on reddit and other social media.

Watch your podcast sources, please. Everybody has one, but not everybody is approved. The one that starts with a P that's popped up in this thread describes itself as a variety talk show which covers comedy, skits, etc.

You can't get around something unapproved by saying "So & so says this & that but I can't link it because it's not approved here." If you can't link it, don't talk about it at all.

Thanks!

Knitty,
makes sense, thanks for the refresher.

Probably does, and I can almost guarantee you that the first time he is back in his pulpit, which I predict may be this Sunday, he will be preaching about how he has been "crucified" in the press and social media, and about how Satan is out to defeat him. JMO
perfect example, why is he no longer at his church? sure doesnt sound like he was removed altogether ( as implied by various channels, thumbnails podcasts etc) , sounding more like he was only temporary removed to deal with his grief, looks like he could be back in the saddle again soon.

Last edited:
I totally agree.
I think his pulpit days are over though.

I don’t think his congregation or any congregation will forgive him for the cruel and vicious things he has repeatedly done, the documented threats that Mica’s sister has recorded and his complete lack of self-control.
The paper trail speaks for itself. He’s a liability now.
IMHO
One would certainly hope that his pulpit days are over, but one would have also hoped that after these claims were made public that his then-wife made in her affidavit as she filed for divorce in 2015, after learning of his affair with Mica, who, at the time, was married to his supposed best friend, all of whom were members of SR Church. The elders allegedly told members who were about to leave the church because of it that they were not good Christians if they couldn't forgive and forget, basically. Additionally, these same church elders and overseer have heard him, week after week, as have many of us, as many of his sermons are on YouTube, berate and belittle his wife from the pulpit, and talk about her mental illness and hospitalizations, and of rummaging through her phone, reading messages. And yet they return every week, to hear the next dirt. Pastor Randall all but guaranteed that JPM will return to the pulpit when he stated that he was not fired, but only released from ministerial duties "for a minute" for a time of healing and counsel and guidance. Many will leave if he returns to the pulpit, but many will stay. I believe the only thing that will keep JPM out of the pulpit is bars, and I don't mean the kind that serve drinks. JMO

“Our marriage and my husband’s career were less than stable at the time, because at the time my husband’s affair was discovered, he had previously admitted to both me and our congregation that he had an addiction to prostitution,” Alison reportedly wrote.

Instead of removing Miller as leader, Alison claimed that church officials told the pastor to get counseling for his sex addiction. Miller refused to get counseling, which caused many church members to leave.

The documents added that Miller allegedly 'confessed' to his then-wife and members of the church that he had sexual encounters with young females from the church, who were under the age of sixteen.'

Reverend Charles Randall disputed reports he fired Miller as Solid Rock's pastor, insisting he just benched him so he could heal.

'I have released him from ministerial functions for a minute to get some healing, and some counselling and some guidance. You can't go through these things like this and just step right back to same day,' he said during a sermon on Sunday.

Last edited:
RSBM

Same. This and all the chatter about it not being Mica on the surveillance stills and the “missing” necklace. I think many folks simply aren’t familiar with the distortions and artifacts that are so common in surveillance footage, digital content, and recordings of various types.

I took Mica’s calmness in the 911 call to be that calm and peace that is often present when a person has committed to ending their own life. But you make a much better case than any I have heard so far. No birds chirping, no bugs buzzing? I will give it another listen when I am able.
Is it possible that she made the 911 call from inside her car, before heading to the spot where her life ended?

All MOO.
Or is it possible she never made this 911 call? Where is her phone? Why haven’t LE published anything related to her cell?
Jmo
Edit - thus/this

Last edited:
It was confirmed that John Miller and a woman he is allegedly romantically involved with were not in North Carolina on April 27.
During the investigation, they learned John Miller was at an athletic event in Charleston and his vehicle was seen traveling on Highway 17 in Horry County at 2:22 p.m. on April 27.

"... a tragic decision
was made by Mica that ended her life.”-- Roberson County Sheriff Burnis Wilkins

Red bolding mine.

I don't believe this is the decision Mica ultimately wanted. :(
Omo.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics