SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

It would be extremely unlikely that Lumber River State Park would have any alligators, being in the flat coastal plain region, too far from coastal waters. However, as you noted, many other types of wildlife can be found there, including several kinds of venomous snakes, including cottonmouths, rattlesnakes, and copperheads. JMO
I wouldn’t be so sure. I’ve definitely seen more than one alligator at Little Pee Dee State Park near Dillon, SC (which is actually where the Lumber River ends).

Animals and birds in the area include the American alligator, white-tailed deer, American black bear, beavers, and northern river otters; and barred owls, great blue heron, wild turkey, sandpipers and prothonotary warblers.

In the link up above it states:

"To establish a pattern of stalking or harassment, the paperwork requires two police reports be attached to the filing that document either first or second-degree harassment and/or stalking. It appears Mica shared three reports.

The first police report given by Mica is on March 3, at 1:00 p.m., at Wicked Tuna, an Horry County restaurant.

Her description of the incident states John-Paul sent her multiple texts that day.

In the report, Mica said the first text came while she was at an oyster roast with her family. She documented the text as saying, "Enjoy your oysters."
---------------------

He absolutely wouldn't leave her alone one minute....

Christians are a big group with many different opinions about alcohol.

There are Catholic and Orthodox monasteries that have brewed and fermented award winning wines and beers for centuries. Yet, some people may use their products to get drunk.

This particular false shepherd was evangelical. Though evangelicals are historically less tolerant of alcohol, their attitude has softened alot in recent generations. That does not mean that using alcohol is affirmed and extoled, rather it just means that the consumption is far more tolerated than in the past.

In the end, a Pastor investing in a piano bar (more classy image than "dive bar") could be seen the same as a Rabbi investing in one: Strange, to a degree. But its not a "show stopper" per se. Its permitted- but not encouraged.

Now, a Muslim Imam investing in a bar.... ? But... an Imam investing in a Hookah Lounge might follow the "Strange- but permitted" pattern.
OMI IMOO, I would not consider JP evangelical for several reasons. 1) He has females as pastors in his church. 2) IMO, an evangelical pastor owning a bar would bring things to a screeching halt. 3) Most evangelical pastors don't survive divorce, let alone an affair with a congregant.

I personally believe that the verses about "banning" female pastors is actually advice to those congregations about women engaging in pagan or other non-Christian teachings with men. I realize that many people would not agree with me, and that's OK.

Some churches do allow women to preach, but only to other women.

As for an evangelical or fundamentalist pastor's career surviving divorce, the reasoning for divorce plays a big factor. If the grounds were considered Biblical (infidelity by a non-believing partner being the best-known one) they may.

I totally get what you're saying, however, why call 911 to get her phone tracked so parents her can find her, then leave her phone in car, hike through the woods, wade through water...

She was nowhere near her car, meaning she was nowhere near her phone, I think is a miracle they even found her.

This just doesn't make sense to me
Her phone was on the bank near where she passed away, not in her car, according to the fisherman that found her belongings (before the kayaker found her body).

He added that's when he saw some belongings on the bank. "It was a little fanny pack, backpack whatever you call it, laying out up on the bank about two feet from the water." He said there was also a cell phone and glasses. Jacobs said he got the items and didn't initially look in the bag, but when he did, he learned the belongings belonged to a person named Mica Miller.

Last edited:
“I believe that it was all staged. I believe that the whole thing was premeditated,” Mica Miller’s father, Michael Francis, told NewsNation’s Rich McHugh.

To get to the location where Mica Miller’s body was discovered, her family had to walk down two separate trails, walk through knee-deep water and climb through mud, trees and fallen debris.

“The theory of suicide does not add up to me. You’re telling me her body floated all the way down this stagnant water?” Mica Miller’s sister Sierra Francis said.

“It’s not like she could have, you know, left her belongings and walked down the water and then come out here and then somehow bullets and everything over there,” she said.

The shell casings were found on the bank near her belongings while the gun was found right in the water. Then, Mica Miller’s body was about 40 meters away. However, the water doesn’t flow — at all.

“We have video that I provided that shows the water just sits there. There’s no no way she would have floated 40 meters away from the edge,” Michael Francis said. “She was placed there.”

OMI IMOO, I would not consider JP evangelical for several reasons. 1) He has females as pastors in his church. 2) IMO, an evangelical pastor owning a bar would bring things to a screeching halt. 3) Most evangelical pastors don't survive divorce, let alone an affair with a congregant.
I am not evangelical by any definition. As a result, my knowledge of evangelicals is limited especially in regards to membership.

One big church in a nearby 'burb where I live describes itself as "evangelical" and has woman pastors. Then again, they also have a disclaimer on their website acknowledging that different, and equally valid, "con" opinions exist.

As for JP surviving affairs and divorces, I agree, that is usually a show stopper for evangelical pastors.

But.... JP appears to "run his own show", as both Pastor and board. As a result, he writes his own rules and can survive so long as he can spin things enough to keep a critical mass of congregants.

Last edited:
I totally get what you're saying, however, why call 911 to get her phone tracked so parents her can find her, then leave her phone in car, hike through the woods, wade through water...

She was nowhere near her car, meaning she was nowhere near her phone, I think is a miracle they even found her.

This just doesn't make sense to me
I'm on the fence about the circumstances of this one, but if this is a suicide, then here's a reason I can think of for the water location.

Water washes away blood and gore.

As shocking a scene as it would have been, it wouldn't have been as messy as if she did it on the bank or in her car. Maybe that was important to her.

MOO

I'm on the fence about the circumstances of this one, but if this is a suicide, then here's a reason I can think of for the water location.

Water washes away blood and gore.

As shocking a scene as it would have been, it wouldn't have been as messy as if she did it on the bank or in her car. Maybe that was important to her.

I am with you. I do see some similarities with the case of the doctor, John Forsyth, who went missing. And they were able to cctv that he actually bicycled 30 miles from his car, to shoot himself in water. Family still disagrees, but the evidence seems pretty clear.

I feel the video surveillance is pretty decisive, yet there really is some crazy outlying information that this could have been totally forced.
One of the biggest questions that remains for me, is ...... who are all those people who were roaming around the pawn shop, and are they connected?

I think the term you re looking for is Fundamentalist instead of Evangelical.

“I believe that it was all staged. I believe that the whole thing was premeditated,” Mica Miller’s father, Michael Francis, told NewsNation’s Rich McHugh.

To get to the location where Mica Miller’s body was discovered, her family had to walk down two separate trails, walk through knee-deep water and climb through mud, trees and fallen debris.

“The theory of suicide does not add up to me. You’re telling me her body floated all the way down this stagnant water?” Mica Miller’s sister Sierra Francis said.

“It’s not like she could have, you know, left her belongings and walked down the water and then come out here and then somehow bullets and everything over there,” she said.

The shell casings were found on the bank near her belongings while the gun was found right in the water. Then, Mica Miller’s body was about 40 meters away. However, the water doesn’t flow — at all.

“We have video that I provided that shows the water just sits there. There’s no no way she would have floated 40 meters away from the edge,” Michael Francis said. “She was placed there.”

Shell casings on the bank. Gun in the water. Mica's body 40 metres (43yds) away.

That doesn't seem like suicide no matter how I try to make it fit.

I am not evangelical by any definition. As a result, my knowledge of evangelicals is limited especially in regards to membership.

One big church in a nearby 'burb where I live describes itself as "evangelical" and has woman pastors. Then again, they also have a disclaimer on their website acknowledging that different, and equally valid, "con" opinions exist.

As for JP surviving affairs and divorces, I agree, that is usually a show stopper for evangelical pastors.

But.... JP appears to "run his own show", as both Pastor and board. As a result, he writes his own rules and can survive so long as he can spin things enough to keep a critical mass of congregants.
Yes, JPM does seem to run his own show, but TBH, the sheeple that still support this guy worry me almost as much as he does, and I get the real sense that several influential people in town are likely members of SR Church, or are, at least within his friends and associates circle. My question is why? Myrtle Beach is not a huge city. Understanding that in the summer, the population is about ten times higher, the year-round population is only about 35K, so many residents likely know the history of JPM and Solid Rock, either firsthand, or through town talk and gossip. First, he has a well-known family name, as his father, another "pastor", has quite a history in the area. Secondly, he was running a church and married to one woman while he began having an affair with Mica, leading to the divorces of both Mica and her husband, who was also in ministry, and who were both members of SR church. That resulted in many people leaving the church, but apparently enough continued to support JPM, that he started over and the church rebounded and grew. He married MIca, and it was not long before she began to get mentioned often in "sermons", as JPM drug out all the dirt he could, telling repeatedly about Mica having mental issues, how sick she was, and how she emptied his bank account and fled, and she did this, and she did that. What kind of pastor would do that, and what kind of people would continue to show up, week after week, almost as if tuning into a soap opera. It shouldn't take but a few sermons to realize that Mica may not have been the unhinged one, and surely was not the only unhinged one. Yet people continue to support poor JPM. It has been voted 'best place to worship' two or three years in a row in a '"best of Myrtle Beach' poll.

News coverage is dwindling, and the heat seems almost over. I suspect that, barring an arrest by the FBI on some financial charge or such, which I do not believe is imminent, JPM will likely be back in his pulpit within another week or so, telling the many people that continue to show up and support him, how Satan and the news media tried to crucify him, but how he ultimately came out the victor, because God will not let him be defeated. JMO

Last edited:
The church website (not their FB page) is finally back up after being offline all but about a day in the last two and a half weeks. The bio on lead pastor JPM is still there, but the 'leadership' page is blank, with 'information coming soon'. I wonder how many members if the board resigned, or whether they just do not want to be publicly associated with him and his church for a while. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craftymom74
Back