SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a rude awakening, isn’t it?

This guy did nothing to protect Mica’s name and reputation.

Their relationship started in trouble and ended in trouble.

She is dead and I suspect he will go on his merry way.

That is unless he did kill her and then I hope he rots in prison. Although I’m another one who thinks she likely did commit suicide, but had she never met JM her life would have gone in a much happier direction.

JMO
This is what I believe will be the likely outcome as well.

Also, as an aside, I LOVE the quote in your signature:
"There's nothing so wonderful as a boring day."

"And I ask that you continue to serve and to give..." Boom! There's the ticket! He's gonna take a break, but you guys? Just...*keep* giving! Grrrr... ☹️
I think for me, the first alarm bell that went off was the demand that they stand up. Any religious, patriotic, memorial, respectful, etc., situation I've found myself in, it's usually "If you're able, please rise" not "alright everyone stand, don't say anything about what I'm gonna tell you, and leave".

They met and became friends when she was a young teen and he was 27(ish?), then later married (he had to divorce his wife first though). I wonder if she had boyfriends nearer her own age before she married him. And I also wonder if she had hoped to have children with him. If he already had that many kids with his first wife, wouldn't be surprised if he'd "fixed" it so he couldn't have anymore.

@cujenn81 : Very good news regarding the security cams in the area.
I was curious if she drove to the park alone or if anyone followed her ?
Thank you.
Snipped from sister's application for appointment of administration....page 17.

Possible.

Beware of false prophets = profit.

What an immoral Pastord.

1714967942691.png

Attachments

• Application-for-Special-Administrator-clocked-00498968xB7473.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 12
This is what I believe will be the likely outcome as well.

Also, as an aside, I LOVE the quote in your signature:
"There's nothing so wonderful as a boring day."

Thank you….when this elderly Holocaust survivor said this, it put everything into perspective for me.

Imagine if Mica had had just a boring day.
If all our victims in all our forums had instead had a boring day.

@Tiger Stripes

Yes, I agree with you, the operating word in JM’s tacked-on announcement is “give.”

Kind of like, “oh hey guys, one last thing. My wife’s dead. Suicide. Y’all know she was crazy. K see you around sometime but don’t forget to GIVE ME MONEY”

JMO

The weird part is how her husband announced her passing to his congregation. The Christian community online I'm a part of all agree that it's extremely bizarre. Not to mention how they met, etc. I think that's shooting the red flag up for many. Although, being an unconventional pastor doesn't automatically mean anything other than that.

jmo
I'm seeing potential shades of Matt Miller. (I hope I'm remembering the name correctly.) moo

The weird part is how her husband announced her passing to his congregation. The Christian community online I'm a part of all agree that it's extremely bizarre. Not to mention how they met, etc. I think that's shooting the red flag up for many. Although, being an unconventional pastor doesn't automatically mean anything other than that.

jmo
That announcement vid was one of the strangest things I've ever seen! I mean, seriously, who does that!? moo

Thank you….when this elderly Holocaust survivor said this, it put everything into perspective for me.

Imagine if Mica had had just a boring day.
If all our victims in all our forums had instead had a boring day.

@Tiger Stripes

Yes, I agree with you, the operating word in JM’s tacked-on announcement is “give.”

Kind of like, “oh hey guys, one last thing. My wife’s dead. Suicide. Y’all know she was crazy. K see you around sometime but don’t forget to GIVE ME MONEY”

JMO
As an aside, but related to your thoughts on "giving". I listened to JPM speak at Chris Skinner's funeral - at the end he made a request for donations for the family. Nothing wrong with that, but he mentioned "using the credit card machine on the back table" and they would write a check to the family.

Just out of curiousity. Does anyone else's Church have a credit card terminal in the foyer? We can tithe online at mine - maybe this is simply a new way to make giving easier?

Wow - from pages 14-15 (affidavit of her sister):

Prior to her admission to Waccamaw, Mica was gathering and sorting the evidence she had to
bring to an attorney for filing for divorce, to support her claims against Mr. Miller, and as to
his abuse, character, his paramours, and associates he “paid off’ or blackmailed.
While at the
facility, those documents, emails, files, etc., were removed from her phone, personal laptop,
vehicle and purse and never recovered.
Further, Mica was unable to access her iCloud account,
email, or Facebook profile. Mr. Miller continued using at least one of Mica’s accounts, causing
any recipient to believe it was Mica’s communications.

Diabolical.
I don't know the timing of it but her brother's affidavit states the following:

Mica told me of legal documents she prepared so that I would be able to make decisions for her
well-being. However, those documents were not located. The only legal documents discovered
appointed Mr. Miller as her power of attorney.
Mica DID appoint her brother as her Power of Attorney he is ALSO listed in the county documents....but that particular document was not located along with the other evidence she had gathered above..... I cannot imagine why. Convenient to say the least...hmm
1714969787744.pngPOA Deed Filing

I think this was posted and removed before sleuthing of JPM was allowed. From the church's website, about church leadership:
Pastor John-Paul Miller spent his teenage years playing the piano in churches as well as night clubs. He thought “Church was for fake people who were one way in public and another way behind closed doors”. One day in his mid 20’s he gave his life to Jesus Christ. In 2006, John-Paul stepped out in faith and started his first church, Solid Rock Ministries, in the Socastee Library. His first sermon was 6 minutes long because he only knew one scripture. His first congregation was his family, a few friends, and several former drug related acquaintances.

Pastor John-Paul (PJP) has been involved in the music department of churches all across the Grand Strand area before starting his new church, Solid Rock at Market Common, where he has Pastored since 2016. PJP has five children: [edited out by me as not relevant]. PJP and his wife, Mica, have a heart to “Love God and Love People”. The welcoming, real, and approachable attitude is what has won the hearts of everyone who attends Solid Rock at Market Common.
JPM is 44 now. I don't think anyone would call anything earlier than 23 mid-20s, so he found his life's purpose in Jesus Christ at >23, and started a church no more than 3 years later, at which point he knew only one scripture? It says something about him that not only did he have the confidence to start a church within a few years of taking his religion seriously (IMO it could have been anywhere 0 to 3 years), but that he was successful and people followed him.

The obituary written by JPM states that he and Mica had been friends since 2009, just 3 years after he'd started his church, when he was ~29 and she was ~15. He told the Christian Post that they were both previously married and cheated on their spouses when they got together, which caused controversy and they had to "start over." I am unsure, but I wonder if "starting over" refers to starting Solid Rock at Market Common in 2016 (when he was ~36 and she was ~22). But in any case, they married in 2017 (~37 and ~23), and despite the infidelity and marrying a still quite young woman that he met when she was a teenager and half his age, he was able to grow what appears to be a quite successful church.

My takeaway from all that is that John-Paul Miller is evidently a confident, charismatic, and convincing man. What that means for the specifics of Mica's death, I don't know.

If a couple “cohabitates as husband and wife” (aka has sex), the clock starts over for the one year’s continuous separation. It’s also considered “forgiveness” for adultery as a fault-based ground. We don’t know the grounds cited in #MicaMiller’s complaint bc it’s not available online. 4/
Heh, not sure I am reading this right, but it sounds kinda, ermh, medieveal.
<modsnip: quoted post was not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
***Correct spelling of her name is Mica*** - I have reported this.

The sheriff's office confirmed Mika Miller died last weekend at Lumber River State Park in the Orrum community of Robeson County, NC. Her death is now being investigated. She was the wife of a Myrtle Beach pastor, John Paul Miller.

"McLean added officers are in the process of gathering information from people in South Carolina and North Carolina as part of their investigation into how Miller died."

Obituary: Obituary for Mica Acacia Miller | Burroughs Funeral Home & Cremation Services

Facebook: Mica Miller

“She loved her nice car”??? That’s weird and not something I would put in an obit. Did he buy it for her and wanted to take credit for it? I can’t imagine her saying she wanted her nice car in her obit.

It’s like he couldn’t think of what she loved so he just grabbed that to throw in.

I think this was posted and removed before sleuthing of JPM was allowed. From the church's website, about church leadership:

JPM is 44 now. I don't think anyone would call anything earlier than 23 mid-20s, so he found his life's purpose in Jesus Christ at >23, and started a church no more than 3 years later, at which point he knew only one scripture? It says something about him that not only did he have the confidence to start a church within a few years of taking his religion seriously (IMO it could have been anywhere 0 to 3 years), but that he was successful and people followed him.

The obituary written by JPM states that he and Mica had been friends since 2009, just 3 years after he'd started his church, when he was ~29 and she was ~15. He told the Christian Post that they were both previously married and cheated on their spouses when they got together, which caused controversy and they had to "start over." I am unsure, but I wonder if "starting over" refers to starting Solid Rock at Market Common in 2016 (when he was ~36 and she was ~22). But in any case, they married in 2017 (~37 and ~23), and despite the infidelity and marrying a still quite young woman that he met when she was a teenager and half his age, he was able to grow what appears to be a quite successful church.

My takeaway from all that is that John-Paul Miller is evidently a confident, charismatic, and convincing man. What that means for the specifics of Mica's death, I don't know.
Mica was previously married at age 15? Sorry, I don't believe it. Where on earth are her parents in all of this? I'm struggling with anything her spouse states as fact at this point.

JMO

Solid Rock's website (when it was up) had a page titled Resources that links a lot of pdfs on the church's stances. I find them bizarre and difficult to read, but I noticed a bit written by JPM about women in ministry:
Secondly, since the husband and wife are ONE by God’s command, we like to keep that direction whenever possible. Thus, we never have a husband be recognized as an Elder or Deacon, unless the wife is also recognized as an Elder or Deacon.
Pastor John-Paul Miller is listed as an "Elder" on the church's leadership page. Despite the above quote about never recognizing a husband as an Elder without also recognizing the wife, Mica is not mentioned as an Elder there or anywhere else I could find.

Mica was previously married at age 15? Sorry, I don't believe it. Where on earth are her parents in all of this? I'm struggling with anything her spouse states as fact at this point.

JMO
No...she knew JP before she was married the first time. She was in the youth group at JP's church when he became "friends" with her. He was married at the time to someone else, the mother of his children. Mica later married someone else too.
JP claims they eventually committed adultery with each other. It caused a controversy in the Solid Rock Church and many people left. He mentions that they had to start all over with the church after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060