SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — The cause of death has been released for 30-year-old Mica Miller, of Myrtle Beach, amid the ongoing investigation.

According to Robeson County Medical Examiner Dr. Richard Johnson, Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Dr. Johnson said, “Based on the nature of the wound, that it is consistent with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. And it was not in the back of the head, as it has been speculated.”

Johnson said he wasn’t the on-call medical examiner the weekend Miller died, but he did go to the scene to assist the on-call medical examiner. He also serves as a regional pathologist for the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

I knew it. It's the good 'ol boy system down here. I don't believe it for a second.

ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — The cause of death has been released for 30-year-old Mica Miller, of Myrtle Beach, amid the ongoing investigation.

According to Robeson County Medical Examiner Dr. Richard Johnson, Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Dr. Johnson said, “Based on the nature of the wound, that it is consistent with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. And it was not in the back of the head, as it has been speculated.”

Johnson said he wasn’t the on-call medical examiner the weekend Miller died, but he did go to the scene to assist the on-call medical examiner. He also serves as a regional pathologist for the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Did the medical examiner say a ‘self-inflicted’ or a ‘self-induced’ gunshot wound? MOO

Self inflicted is very believable. The questions I would like answering are 1) did she do it of her on accord or was she made to do it? 2) was she effectively tortured and bullied until she felt left with no other route of escape? 3) if his actions led to hers, should this be considered from a criminal POV?

This may be where UK and USA laws differ, here, I believe it would very much be investigated as a criminal act, if it is believed he pushed her to it. We have coercive control laws and what not that would be very relevant for this case

I don't want to be the one to say it, but if the full investigation will be over tomorrow, as the email suggests may be the case, we are likely looking at a suicide ruling with nothing to indicate foul play. JMO

Sadly butterflies like Mica have a short life span and as we know and see small c*ck roaches scatter, hide under the guise of healing. They survive BUT

At least light was shone onto the darkness. The "Rock Solid" church is not as solid. Time will tell if there will be a need for a bigger and bigger facility.

<modsnip: not victim friendly>

Prayers to her family and community. RIP

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like the ME is not there to investigate circumstances other than those that were present at the scene of the death. If she had GSR on her hands, a gun was there, she could have done it herself, etc. Then I think the ruling would be self inflicted.

Now I'd like to know what happened in the last 4 weeks. We know she called police about her car tire, we know police saw him driving past, had spoken to him, then the tracking device was on her car and so on.

If she was dressed for work, then at what point did something go south. Was someone following her that day? How did she get to that park and not end up at work? So many things that still could be at play. If her was following her, tracking her, calling her, etc there could be charges still.

I do not like the idea that he gets to set the narrative about what was going on with her. He suggested she was hospitalized due to mental health, well what if that isn't an illness she didn't want to take medicine for, but rather the way he behaved, controled her, stalked her, etc. What if it was driving her crazy? Then he gets to say he's the loving husband and she is dealing with her mental health. Well he is behaving like a lunitic so it's no wonder she needed in patienet help.. maybe to get away from him fully away. Then he says in that sermon that she was released from the hospital and left him.. maybe she was able to fully think for herself and work on making the best decisions for her for the first time ever.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> I believe there is more to the story. Like forced to maybe. I know that sounds unlikely, but nothing surprises me when it comes to these DV abusers and what they're capable of.

<modsnip> ... I believe there is more to the story. Like forced to maybe. I know that sounds unlikely, but nothing surprises me when it comes to these DV abusers and what they're capable of.
Just from the little we have seen, we see a man manipulating stories both in his personal relationships and in his role as pastor of that church. It is alarming what is already known so I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibilities.

Self inflicted is very believable. The questions I would like answering are 1) did she do it of her on accord or was she made to do it? 2) was she effectively tortured and bullied until she felt left with no other route of escape? 3) if his actions led to hers, should this be considered from a criminal POV?

This may be where UK and USA laws differ, here, I believe it would very much be investigated as a criminal act, if it is believed he pushed her to it. We have coercive control laws and what not that would be very relevant for this case
CT passed a coercive control law after the death of Jennifer Dulos and Jennifer Magnano. Although coercive control is hard to prove, hoping more states follow suit. <modsnip - no MSM link to substantiate>

I feel like the ME is not there to investigate circumstances other than those that were present at the scene of the death. If she had GSR on her hands, a gun was there, she could have done it herself, etc. Then I think the ruling would be self inflicted.

Now I'd like to know what happened in the last 4 weeks. We know she called police about her car tire, we know police saw him driving past, had spoken to him, then the tracking device was on her car and so on.

If she was dressed for work, then at what point did something go south. Was someone following her that day? How did she get to that park and not end up at work? So many things that still could be at play. If her was following her, tracking her, calling her, etc there could be charges still.

I do not like the idea that he gets to set the narrative about what was going on with her. He suggested she was hospitalized due to mental health, well what if that isn't an illness she didn't want to take medicine for, but rather the way he behaved, controled her, stalked her, etc. What if it was driving her crazy? Then he gets to say he's the loving husband and she is dealing with her mental health. Well he is behaving like a lunitic so it's no wonder she needed in patienet help.. maybe to get away from him fully away. Then he says in that sermon that she was released from the hospital and left him.. maybe she was able to fully think for herself and work on making the best decisions for her for the first time ever.

I'm trying to picture my pastor announcing to the entire congregation that he looked at his wife's phone and saw messages from 18 people offering to help her with regard to her husband if she needed it. It's extremely uncommon to say something like that from the pulpit. I'd say it's even more uncommon for the congregation to not call him on it, but here we are.

IMO MOO

Just from the little we have seen, we see a man manipulating stories both in his personal relationships and in his role as pastor of that church. It is alarming what is already known so I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibilities.
From what's been made public, the moral character of this man is most certainly highly questionable, to put it as kindly as possible (for the sake of his children). However, if her death has been ruled suicide, then he's no longer a suspect in that regard, unless it can be proven he literally forced her to commit the act. I don't think that will happen, however.

That being said, he's gained all the wrong kind of attention, and I'm hopeful his pastoring days are behind him.

jmo

Mica Miller was ‘afraid for her life’ before death: Police report"
"The report continued, “While I was out with the victim, she received a No Caller ID call which ended up being the suspect, the suspect was advised that the victim does not want any further contact and if he proceeds then warrants may possibly be written up.”

"Shortly after, Miller took her car to the gas station for fuel. It was then that the suspect whom Miller said she believed was responsible for slashing her tires in the first report arrived at the gas station and tried to talk to her, according to police. Miller told the male suspect to go away and leave her alone. She pulled out her phone to record the incident, but then the suspect sped away.

The 30-year-old then drove straight to the local Honda dealer to get her temporary tire replaced. The suspect showed up at the car dealership again, according to police reports. That’s when Miller called the police for a second time that day.

The suspect had left by the time D’Amocamtonio arrived at the dealership. When D’Amocamtonio was with Miller, she received a “No Caller ID” phone call from the suspect, according to police reports. The officer said he talked with the suspect and told him to leave Miller alone, or else he would be cited.
After D’Amocamtonio left the dealership, Miller texted him that the dealership discovered a tracking device on her car, according to police reports. An hour after the incident, Miller was trying to get a restraining order against the suspect at the police department when D’Amocamtonio retrieved her GPS.
D’Amocamtonio was standing outside of the magistrate’s office with Miller when a white Honda Accord slowly drove by the office, and she informed the officer that was the suspect in the car, police reports state. The suspect sped up and drove away."

The "suspect" was clearly stalking her and harassing her.

From what's been made public, the moral character of this man is most certainly highly questionable, to put it as kindly as possible (for the sake of his children). However, if her death has been ruled suicide, then he's no longer a suspect in that regard, unless it can be proven he literally forced her to commit the act. I don't think that will happen, however.

That being said, he's gained all the wrong kind of attention, and I'm hopeful his pastoring days are behind him.

jmo

Maybe, in the end, she won.

<modsnip: Biblical references not allowed>

Last edited:
I'm trying to picture my pastor announcing to the entire congregation that he looked at his wife's phone and saw messages from 18 people offering to help her with regard to her husband if she needed it. It's extremely uncommon to say something like that from the pulpit. I'd say it's even more uncommon for the congregation to not call him on it, but here we are.

IMO MOO
To be fair, we don't know if anyone from the congregation did call him on it, privately.
I hope someone did. I hope they ALL did.
He certainly deserved to be called on it, in a huge way. Highly inappropriate.

jmo

Healing = relaxing on a beach in Bermuda or Aruba
Counsel = Get out of Dodge until this blows over.
Guidance = The church plane is at the airport, already fueled up.
JMO
Not to mention:
pursuant to our governing instrument = Thanks for the donations, I'm outta here!
IMO

jmo
Sadly, I doubt his pastoring days are behind him. He survived a church that split, due to his ongoing and admitted marital infidelity, and he started it over and grew it to the roughly 700-member church he pastors today. I dare say he could stand in a pulpit this Sunday, and very many would show up, just as they always do, ready to heap love on the grieving pastor who was crucified in the press and social media. Worst case scenario, he will lie low for a few weeks and re-emerge with a plea for forgiveness for any hint of being a less than perfect husband.

My biggest hope is that Mica's family files a wrongful death lawsuit, and the family gets everything he has. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000