FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

Prison is still prison. You’re confined. So whether you’re confined in Florida or South Dakota in the existential sense there’s no difference.
Small things make a big difference in quality of life in prison. Especially for people who don't have money. It might be more expensive for CA to buy friends and protection in SD but he's also probably not constantly looking over his shoulder and worrying about all the Miami gangsters trying to work him over. "Hey, my boy drove past your parents' house yesterday, your dad's car plate is XXXXX. You should put 50 in my account".

And the more permissive a prison is about what's allowed, the easier it is for someone who does have money to buy protection and friends through care packages or commissary funds.

TLDR: CA is going to be safer and more comfortable in SD and it'll probably be cheaper now that they don't have to keep him in segregation or protected status.

Small things make a big difference in quality of life in prison. Especially for people who don't have money. It might be more expensive for CA to buy friends and protection in SD but he's also probably not constantly looking over his shoulder and worrying about all the Miami gangsters trying to work him over. "Hey, my boy drove past your parents' house yesterday, your dad's car plate is XXXXX. You should put 50 in my account".

And the more permissive a prison is about what's allowed, the easier it is for someone who does have money to buy protection and friends through care packages or commissary funds.

TLDR: CA is going to be safer and more comfortable in SD and it'll probably be cheaper now that they don't have to keep him in segregation or protected status.
Someone will have to pay to fly him back to Florida for the trial, i think. Unless he doesn’t plan to testify.

I’m not convinced. I think it sucks either way. I think the most important aspect is your connection to the outside world. Unfortunately for him no one is visiting him. So it makes no difference at all in his case.

BBM - maybe he will be safer.

IMO, if he was moved to SD to avoid possibly being killed in a FL prison by the Latin Kings or others, those who want him dead now know he's in SD and will find someone to do their bidding there.

Wow he was under a legitimate threat if he’s been transferred out of state. I doubt anyone was actually visiting him. Harvey and Bri are the only ones who would. I doubt Harvey was trekking to prison to see his son often. I guess Bri might’ve been bringing Roman to visit his father. I don’t know how long Bri would’ve kept that up. Other than in person visits I imagine there’s no difference from one prison to another. JMO
I dunno
I think it will still be an environmental shock for him a Jewish dentist from Florida will look like a beached alligator to all those SD locals

Prison is still prison. You’re confined. So whether you’re confined in Florida or South Dakota in the existential sense there’s no difference.
I do think he will feel he is in Siberia.
I am starting to wonder why most prisoners in SD are in prison.
hmmmm. Ok, done thinking.

Interesting - if DA is convicted, I would think Harvey would move somewhere close to the prison - not Austin.
We don’t know that Harvey is going with her. Joel just said Wendi and the boys. Just speculating, but in my opinion it could possibly be that she might want to get the boys settled somewhere where nobody knows them, in advance of the trial. Another possibility, in my opinion, is that she could be thinking she might be arrested and might want to place the boys with family. I think I remember hearing there is family in Texas, I remember that there was someone on one of the jail recordings speaking to Charlie.

Interesting - if DA is convicted, I would think Harvey would move somewhere close to the prison - not Austin.
I heard about CA being moved to Arizona for his safety. Was an order to kill placed on him?

Hiring Latin Kings to murder Dan Markel was stupid. CA and the rest of the family have messed up the rest of their lives and hurt Dan's boys immeasurably. It's unforgiveable, imo. Wendi is a terrible parent to hurt those boys in so many ways. Would Dan's parents have a chance of custody if WA is arrested?

Austin is home of UT. Maybe she'll get a job. Lots of burglaries and break ins on campus. Austin recently established an interactive crime data system that updates itself.

This link is to today's current crime stats in Austin
Microsoft Power BI

I heard about CA being moved to Arizona for his safety. Was an order to kill placed on him?

Hiring Latin Kings to murder Dan Markel was stupid. CA and the rest of the family have messed up the rest of their lives and hurt Dan's boys immeasurably. It's unforgiveable, imo. Wendi is a terrible parent to hurt those boys in so many ways. Would Dan's parents have a chance of custody if WA is arrested?

Austin is home of UT. Maybe she'll get a job. Lots of burglaries and break ins on campus. Austin recently established an interactive crime data system that updates itself.

Microsoft Power BI

I suppose UT Austin is a possible career option, but there are many immigration law firms also. Rents have stabilized a bit. An island of liberal in a sea of conservative. Mild winters. Lots of good private schools and single rich men.

Microsoft Power BI
I believe that by law, she gets to decide where the kids are placed, even if she is arrested. I believe that the state cannot take away her parental rights or make any determination as to the children if she has not been convicted, and possibly not even then.

Last edited:
I suppose UT Austin is a possible career option, but there are many immigration law firms also. Rents have stabilized a bit. An island of liberal in a sea of conservative. Mild winters. Lots of good private schools and single rich men.
And physical distance between the kids and Dans parents. And possibly a friendlier legal climate to deny them visitation.

Maybe the Texas DEI upheaval caught her attention?

The DEI ban by UT Austin included cutting the undocumented scholarship program (Monarch) students, affecting their immigration status.

Wow he was under a legitimate threat if he’s been transferred out of state. I doubt anyone was actually visiting him. Harvey and Bri are the only ones who would. I doubt Harvey was trekking to prison to see his son often. I guess Bri might’ve been bringing Roman to visit his father. I don’t know how long Bri would’ve kept that up. Other than in person visits I imagine there’s no difference from one prison to another. JMO

Inmates will also be transferred for the convenience of the DOC and the health and welfare of the general inmate population. State DOC's have compact agreements with other states for this reason where they will accommodate each other inmate for inmate.

CA was high profile in Florida and I can see where it would be deemed favorable to all to send CA to a DOC in a location such as SC where he's just another inmate number.

IMO, CA would not be immediately searchable if he was moved for a legitimate threat against his life. There was no effort here to disguise or delay info about his transfer-- if worried about his safety. JMO

For comparison, I recall when George Wagner IV was transferred (Polk County, OH Massacre of 8) out of Ohio DOC and the state would only confirm he was in custody of DOC but would not confirm the state facility. If you search his name today on OH Vinelink, it reads that he is in custody but for custody detail/location it only reports Correctional Reception Center. (An inmate does not remain in reception for 2+ years)! I recall hearing a reporter thought he tracked him down in RI DOC but there's no record.

CHARLES ADELSON​

Custody Record
Age 47
Gender Male
Race White

ID NumberC62***
Custody Status Date May 17, 2024 11:09 PM EDT
Custody Status Transferred
Custody Detail South Dakota
Book Date Dec 14, 2023 12:00 AM EST

In my opinion she can’t afford private school. Just my opinion. So: Donna’s arrest happened right after Charlie’s conviction- it was sped up after the discovery of their flight plans, but it’s my understanding the grand jury was gong to meet anyway. Hypothetically, perhaps, if you believed that a similar scenario might occur after a Donna conviction, with another arrest being made, you might maybe want to make sure the children were settled and adjusted to life in a new place with a new family and new school well in advance of the trial, rather than possibly have them suddenly have to uproot themselves amid the shock of a conviction and more arrests. Hypothetically, there is the added possible benefit (to you) of making it more difficult for other family to visit and/or ask for custody (the Markel Act only applies in Florida, for example.). Anyway, this is just me speculating, hypothetically.

Last edited:
In my opinion she can’t afford private school. Just my opinion.
^^rsbm

I don't think they've ever been reliant on WA's salary alone. Have the boys ever attended public school? I'm only speculating that the teens have long been afforded the equivalent of a private education enjoyed by their parents, and don't think that would change if they relocated to Austin, Tx. The kids would be receiving death benefits from their father until age 19-- if students, and IIRC, Dan also had life insurance. JMO

In my opinion she can’t afford private school. Just my opinion.

^^rsbm

I don't think they've ever been reliant on WA's salary alone. Have the boys ever attended public school? I'm only speculating that the teens have long been afforded the equivalent of a private education enjoyed by their parents, and don't think that would change if they relocated to Austin, Tx. The kids would be receiving death benefits from their father until age 19-- if students, and IIRC, Dan also had life insurance. JMO
It is my understanding they are in public school currently and have been for most of the time they have been in South Florida. I believe that Wendi and her siblings also attended public school. The school in the bump video, where Donna goes to pick up the boys, is the local public elementary school across from their condo.

In my opinion she can’t afford private school. Just my opinion. So: Donna’s arrest happened right after Charlie’s conviction- it was sped up after the discovery of their flight plans, but it’s my understanding the grand jury was gong to meet anyway. Hypothetically, perhaps, if you believed that a similar scenario might occur after a Donna conviction, with another arrest being made, you might maybe want to make sure the children were settled and adjusted to life in a new place with a new family and new school well in advance of the trial, rather than possibly have them suddenly have to uproot themselves amid the shock of a conviction and more arrests. Hypothetically, there is the added possible benefit (to you) of making it more difficult for other family to visit and/or ask for custody (the Markel Act only applies in Florida, for example.). Anyway, this is just me speculating, hypothetically.

Agree re: visitation, that's pretty harsh and totally in character. But maybe she's just blowing smoke like Carl S suggested.

If she is running low on funds, there are apartment rentals in Eanes ISD. Hypothetically, if my boys were accustomed to South Beach lifestyle I would want to move them to Eanes for a sense of normalcy/ consistency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back