SC SC - Paul Baker, 3, Beaufort, 5 March 1987

I wonder if it is a relative? LE had noted that they had spoken to a Mr Baker (Paul's GPa) several times after Paul went missing. He had called them.

Unlike James Baker who never called the sheriff's inquiring about the investigation on his missing son. :furious: :furious: He didn't need to call, I believe he already knew the whereabouts of his baby boy.
:loser:
Amen;I just hope they can finally get to the bottom of this,they have gotten away with this way too long!!!

Florida arrest brings no new leads in 1987 case of missing Beaufort child

After months of investigation, it appears that a 23-year-old missing-child case will remain unsolved.

Local law enforcement and family members hoped that the high-profile disappearance of 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick from her Chipley, Fla., home on Halloween would shed some light on what happened to Paul Baker, a three-year-old boy who vanished from his family's Shell Point home on March 5, 1987, and was never seen again.

[snip]

"We had high hopes that something in that investigation would lead to additional information in the Paul Baker case, but unfortunately that hasn't happened," said Tanner, who helped search for the missing toddler as a deputy in 1987.

BUMP

Has there been any new information on Paul's case? Or Shannon's (Dedrick)? I see that Shannon's thread has been locked. I can't seem to find anything new about it. TIA

News today re: Shannon Dedrick case against Susan Baker may be tossed. Newsherald.com July 21, 2010

FL-Baby Shannon Dedrick Found Alive - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That link might have already been on here backthread but I wanted to make sure that the two threads are connected in some way for our guests.

I remember the days before I signed up, many members are conversant in different cases that are directly linked and I would have to try to go find that particular thread without membership.

The above thread is the awaiting trial thread and will have the most up to date links on the court case involving Shannon who was found alive in the care of the woman named here as the StepMother of Paul.

Susan Baker found guilty. poss 35 yrs. I also posted in the other thread. Ive had some personal issues and failed to go to the trial. Now I really want to know how the trial went. :(

what about tina? what about Susans husband? he was not totally innocent here. He knew darn well his wife was doing something wrong. jmo, she killed his child, yet he remains with her through another child disappearing.

http://www.newsherald.com/video/?videoId=625093712001&lineupId=99536645001&play=now

Sentencing hearing set for 11/08/10

Baby Shannon's mother pleads no contest to misdemeanor, released -

http://www.newsherald.com/news/misdemeanor-88180-mother-pleads.html

Time Served - Judge handed down maximum sentence - Tina took the 5th in Sue Bakers trial.

Susan Baker's stepdaughter tries to move past horrific childhood

"Before Judge Register sets a sentence, Florida officials will examine Baker's background, including her criminal record. Her treatment of Nina was inadmissible during the trial but can now come into play, according to Washington County prosecutor Greg Wilson.

During the sentencing phase, "people can come in and testify about mitigating and aggravating circumstances," Wilson said."

picture.php

Nina holding photo of James and Paul.​

http://www.islandpacket.com/2010/10/15/1408971/susan-bakers-stepdaughter-tries.html

Susan baker sentenced to 25 years today for aggravated child abuse and five years to run concurrent for interference with custody. Mother was sentenced to one year, time served for false 911 call. Justice has been started.

BEAUFORT, SC (WTOC) - Remember the missing baby from Florida that was found alive in a wooden box under her babysitter's bed? The Florida courts convicted the babysitter, Susan Baker, and gave her 25 years in prison.

Now many in the Lowcountry are wandering what this will mean for her ties to a Lowcountry case involving her step son Paul Baker.

Paul Baker is a name many in Beaufort won't forget. He was just 3-years-old when he disappeared back in March of 1987. It's a case that stays close to Beaufort County Sheriff Investigator Brian Baird's heart.

"It's one you never forget about," said Baird. "You always keep it in the back of your mind, always wandering about it."

more here

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=13522537

The above link says that Paul's DNA is on file. I wonder who's blood the blood spatters turned out to be?
You haven't been forgotten, Paul. *advertiser censored*

Anyone with any information regarding this unsolved cold case is asked to contact Capt. Bob Bromage, at 843.255.3402, 843.816.8013, robertb@bcgov.net, or Crimestoppers.

A reward of up to $2,500 is offered for information leading to an arrest in any Beaufort County cold case.

Thanks for all still posting here and following this case. I am still closely looking and trying for justice for Paul Baker.

The above link says that Paul's DNA is on file. I wonder who's blood the blood spatters turned out to be?
You haven't been forgotten, Paul. *advertiser censored*

Links not up for me. Please tell me about blood splatters and any dna on file

Beaufort County now has our own dna lab and if I can in any way expedite this I will work on that

Since I moved here in 2011 this story has bothered me. I live in the Shell Point area and does anyone know the address this child went missing from? No child just disappears and the family deserves closure. It is quite obvious he was not kidnapped either. There has to be some evidence somewhere of this child.....he existed and deserves justice......as a mother of 6 I would never stop searching or wanting an answer....

It has now been 30 years since Paul disappeared, police are still searching for information:

Investigators say Baker was reported missing from his Shell Point residence on June 27, 1987, by his stepmother, Susan Baker. She told investigators that Paul must have walked out of the house while she was taking a nap.

Officials say it was disclosed that Susan Baker was under the influence of alcohol and drugs at the time of Paul's disappearance, and her story was highly suspicious. Through investigation, it was learned that Paul and his six-year-old sister were physically abused by her on a regular basis. Ultimately, Susan Baker was charged and convicted of assault on the sister.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/35761651/bcso-looking-for-leads-in-1987-disappearance-cold-case

Paul and Nina deserve justice. Someone knows what happened to this lovely boy....

"Susan Baker pleaded guilty to assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature for abusing Nina. She was given 10 years in prison but released after 80 days when a judge suspended her sentence for time served, a move that dismayed child advocates in the Beaufort area."

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article33399606.html

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back