SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie must knows all the secrets?
Yes. However, he needs not appear, nor should prosecution bring him in. He would ask for a reduction/deal to testify and then be easily impeached. Hence, a major distraction on this murder trial. Prosecution gets all that they need from AM’s confession and LE. Eddie is lucky he wasn’t killed which I believe was AM’s plan. He would have been a hero. He fought off Thea killer and the killer of his family members. All would be forgiven. The magical thinking of a desperate man.

The repetitive calls to Rogan close to the murders remind me of the lawyers in the 3rd and 4th generation of this family showing up immediately after other catastrophic events to attempt to get a handle on and orchestrate them in a direction that is either profitable, or at least not costly, to them. (Gloria Satterfield’s fall, Stephen Smith’s death, boat crash, double-murders at Moselle, roadside shooting and airlift to hospital followed by rehab).
Replying to my own post to add:

When Rogan testified, he mentioned that he and PM had shared an apartment in Columbia. I assume that was at the time of PM’s death.

I recall not long after the murders, newspaper reports that the manager of PM’s apt in Columbia had reported that there was evidence of a possible break-in at that apt a few days after the murders. The door was left standing open.

I find that report more interesting today than I did even when first hearing about it (presuming that was the apt Rogan and PM shared).

ETA: Link

Last edited:
i think all of those calls to Rogan would bug me if I was on the jury (if they remember them after all this time). I could see calling family and/or a lawyer, but to call a random friend of your son’s that many times almost immediately is real odd. It sticks out to me, especially after the testimony about Paul calling/texting him, Paul’s phone being on his body, & then Rogan is texting MM. Real odd sequence of events for an innocent man IMO.
Also I bet he about crapped himself when Owen (Owens?) told him Rogan said he heard AM. AM denied it of course, but that was before PM’s phone was opened and the vid was found.

I'm sure Defense can try to hand wave it by saying he was worried Cash was traumatized by what he witnessed and would be further upset with all the police coming, so he was letting Rogan know so that he could come and get Cash from the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrudiS0716