SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I know it's an absolute legal part of this trial, I am dreading a week or even a day, of the defense's side of the case. Lead defense atty. is so difficult for me to watch and the rest of them get worse daily. It's worse than the trial where the defendant represented himself. At least Darrell had an excuse! I've never seen more disrespect for a courtroom than the lead defense atty. has displayed. JMO
Interesting. And this defense counsel is the individual that is apparently a State Senator?

While reading about another ongoing unrelated case over a shooting on a movie set out west, it was interesting that apparently motions have been filed attempting to recuse an individual in I believe some State legal capacity from being an official or representative in that case for the State or prosecution?

Would be interesting if that same criteria were perhaps applied or could have been applicable here? MOO.

Really? I'm usually pretty good at picking out a toupee. I see the color difference but thought he was turning white on the sides only. Also today his hair looked shorter than Monday or Tuesday when he was running his fingers through his hair. When his head was shaved I didn't notice any bald area. I'm retired 28 yr hair stylist and owner. If true, had me fooled.
Funny y’all are talking about hair. Just today i was wondering when it was that he was totally bald, and why. Anyone know? He had hair before and after.

BTW....I think the whole family is cr@p but....Randy tattled on AM making phone calls in the hospital. Is that correct?
I had lots of meetings to day so I missed the particulars on that. Does anyone know?

Yes, Randy told Sled about the calls. It’s hard to know where Randy stands in his brothers chaos since he is still employed at the firm. He has only been in court 1 or 2 days so far that I have seen. JM has been there more often, the sister daily.

Nobody from hospital testified. I got it from here: (and I just noticed it said purported records so do with that what you will)
No mention of a brain bleed and a less than critical condition as one would think as described by DH

stmarysmead said:
Was MM on her knees for the first shot or first fatal shot? in other words was she standing…then fell…or diwn when he started shooting her?

I wonder if she was running and fell.

On her knees, one or both hands on ground. She was shot from behind, entered her her body and went up to her head. She collapsed immediately onto her hands/arms. Her killer then came around to her head and shot into the crown of her head.
Oh, my! This is unreal behavior for a married man to gun down his unsuspecting beautiful betrothed in this horrendous manner. He shoots. There's blood running down her leg. While Maggie lay dying, he shoots the length of her body from behind. Then, with his AR ready, he comes around and shoots her in the head for the 2nd fatal shot.
If I understood correctly, the first shot to MM was through her kidney/upper thigh region.
It wasn't fatal but she would have been in horrible pain and bent over which probably made her fall to her knees. MOO. <psbm>
Yes there was biological from MM on the front of the dog house and bullet went into the dog bed inside the dog house, IIRC from the tech's testimony.
Greed had overtaken his good senses.

It will be a while before I'm ready for another trial of this magnitude.

OK, found a good re-enactment of the murders, bullet and shell paths by a retired crime scene investigator and former sniper. Check out True Crime Web on Youtube. He used mannequins and the similar firearms, ballistic gelatin and the right ammo to show what could have happened. It's gruesome so be warned if you're not into that kind of thing. Definitely worth seeking for a rundown of the scene.
Thank you and I will have to check it out, not a GH fan.

Interesting. And this defense counsel is the individual that is apparently a State Senator?

While reading about another ongoing unrelated case over a shooting on a movie set out west, it was interesting that apparently motions have been filed attempting to recuse an individual in I believe some State legal capacity from being an official or representative in that case for the State or prosecution?

Would be interesting if that same criteria were perhaps applied or could have been applicable here? MOO.

Many of the state legislators maintain a private law practice. It’s greasy but it’s SC.

My hubby with plenty of criminal trial work in his past says that Harpootlian brought that up to show comradery with the witness -- "they are old friends." Hubby listened to much of cross on KK and sized it up as showing the jury they could trust Harpootlian -- he and KK were just two guys collaborating, trying to get at the truth with all the angles and speculation. Only hubby's opinion. I will add I think he also works at confusing the jury (with mirror image). OMO.

Added: Hubby's assessment is that Harpootlian knows exactly what he is doing. He may appear to be a doddering but he is totally calculating every word and gesture.
I agree that Harpootlian is putting on a show intentionally most of the time. But I also believe he is over the hill and was never as good as he thought he was to begin with. For his entire career, he has been operating in an environment made for him, where the good ole boys took care of each other, so none really needed to be more than mediocre. He could afford to be sloppy and lazy. Times are changing and people are not just starting to see through him, they are tired of him and what he represents. MOO.

Attachments

• 1676605328902.jpeg
    1676605328902.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 9
Not a metaphor, but his relationships seem transactional. People went to him for legal assistance and, from the moment they met, Alex was sizing them up for what he can take from them. In 2011, when Paul was 10 years old, Alex sized up his law firm partners and figured out how to steal from them. They never noticed.

As long as his family made his life better, he kept them. When Paul and Maggie caused problems, he eliminated them. Buster feels like the privileged favourite child; his father loves him so much that he tried to kill himself so Buster could have $10 million.

Alex arranged the fake shooting because he wanted people to think that his entire family was being targeted by someone related to the boat accident. The money for Buster story is manipulation, to get him onside during the trial.
The job of MM, BM and PM was to make AM look good

This is what DH was arguing this morning: zero degrees is south

The witness set zero degrees at north (azimuth), and measured 135 degrees. Defence lawyer DH argued that the mirror image is 45 degrees. Testimony about mirror image related to using the mirror image of the tire tread to match to the mud on Maggie's leg. Question was out of context.

Paul was shot on his left side from 2-3 feet away at an angle of 135 degrees.

The defence lawyer argued with the witness, claiming that zero degrees is south and Paul was shot at 45 degrees. He also tried to argue that it was 40 degrees, not 45 as he originally claimed.

1676605510959.png

MOO. AM is pathetically insecure. MM was his rock. He loved Paul. He could not bear for them to know what he had done. He executed them because he knew he was losing Mosell (because of the boat accident), a property that Paul loved, and he knew with his thefts becoming public, he would lose his license and he believed, their respect and their adulation. He was ashamed. He could not cope with this. He was desperate to hide this from them, and the murders were intended not simply to delay disclosure in the boat case, but to "shield" Paul and Maggie. I feel so sorry for Paul and Maggie - and for AM. He committed these murders, but he knows what he did. They loved him and he could not face losing that.

Yes, Randy told Sled about the calls. It’s hard to know where Randy stands in his brothers chaos since he is still employed at the firm. He has only been in court 1 or 2 days so far that I have seen. JM has been there more often, the sister daily.
Randy may be there in court not to support his brother but because he is curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hachiko304