SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think juries now expect something out of "Criminal Minds", spoon fed to them. With video, DNA, and 10,000 other things. That is the only way I can understand why Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson are free.
I can't speak for OJ I didn't follow it much.

Casey Anthony jurors have spoken since then and I believe the couldn't agree on the charges they were given. I recall one juror (maybe the foreperson) saying they would have convicted her of a lesser charge, but none were included just murder 1 I think it was. It was sad to hear they felt their hands were tired because they agreed she was involved and was responsible for Kaylees death.

I know Buster isn't on trial so we aren't really able to dig into his life but the guy stumps me in trying to read him. He has such a flat demeanor most of the time in court, yet he saunters in and out lots of days smiling and chatting with family/gf. His interaction with Alex on jail calls doesn't feel engaged. He really comes off as a strange duck to me.
A strange duck, that's a nice way of putting it. I agree

Haven't the Defense witnesses contradicted one another?
Pathologist said that armpit temperature would give nothing, Blood spatter expert said the shootings should've come from above so by someone taller or at least from up top.
JMO

Palmbach formed his opinion while out of state based on information provided by the defense and only visited the scene a few days before testifying, at which visit he noticed the pellet indents and the pellet embedded in the upper frame of the door.

So, I ask you: how likely is it that this witness considered that new evidence (new to him) without bias toward the opinion he had formed and communicated prior to seeing those pellet indents and the pellet embedded in the doorframe, knowing he was to testify on behalf the defense today?

DH wants the jury to visit Moselle so each can form (and include in consideration of guilt) their own impressions. But, their own witness merely rolled his own on-scene impressions into whatever preformed opinion he already had. (ETA: IMO).
Money honey?

Ok that was a rough. What was the point of hiring these gentlemen from out of state who never worked on this case and literally just visited Moselle this weekend? And how are they getting paid?
Also, please pass a note to the jury to take their time if they start deliberation on Wed/Thurs. I have a dentist appointment on Thursday morning.
And we've been here for 6 weeks. Six weeks. What are we going to do when this is over?
BBM so hard to believe it's been that long. I have an appointments tomorrow and Wednesday and I'm so hoping that the field trip is tomorrow and I don't want them to start deliberating until Thursday and wrap it up Thursday afternoon, lol.

Pathologist said that armpit temperature would give nothing, Blood spatter expert said the shootings should've come from above so by someone taller or at least from up top.
JMO
That’s what I was getting out of it, but guns and such are not my area, thus why I didn’t get the point . But, to maybe muddle things and in the end shout out the two shooter scenario.

JMO
That would be a no-no. But you'd think they'd have contacted the defense lawyers who would have spotted contradictions...but alas, this did not happen it seems?

I think juries now expect something out of "Criminal Minds", spoon fed to them. With video, DNA, and 10,000 other things. That is the only way I can understand why Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson are free.
Yeah. Sure, no third party actually witnessed the shootings, but if that's what someone considers "reasonable doubt" then very few crimes would end in convictions. That tight time line seals it for me.

No chicken! We just gave her a medal, geeez
Got the chicken drinking again and dancing on the bar with it's Purple Heart medal lol. Drinks are flowing the sleuths trying to absorb the defenses two shooter and can't hold two weapons theory. Think it's time for some top shelf shots to keep us in the game so we can try to deal with the smoke, pellet, bullets and mirrors.

Someone help me out. On Friday AM was asked if any dog was alerted to any strangers while he was at the kennel. He said no. There is more to this part. I can't find it in my notes.

My point? No dogs alerted to a stranger... And didn't he say he didn't think a stranger was around?
Help me find this....
He said there DEFINITELY wasn’t any unknowns around. He was quite emphatic about it. It was odd. I don’t think he realized what that implied.

Murdaugh says the dogs weren't acting strange like anybody else was around -- like dogs do. Murdaugh says definitely there was nobody else around while he was down there. He took the chicken from Bubba, put it up on the shelf, came back to the golf cart and eventually left. Murdaugh can't remember the specifics of the conversations he had with Maggie and what words he used. He's sure he told her he was leaving.

It seems like BM has drunk the koolaid. I can understand since AM is really all he has left as far as immediate family goes. He must believe some version that AM has spun about the murders. This guy seems to have a ton of growing up to do and I do not see him being able to do that while under AMs thumb or any of the Ms for that matter. I hope he can come to realize the evil that provided his proviledged life and is able to standon his own feet at some point, Based on what we have seen at this tral, he is very far from that...alomst like he is stuck in his adolescence unsure of who he is and what to do, so he is lead around by his ego.

I know Buster isn't on trial so we aren't really able to dig into his life but the guy stumps me in trying to read him. He has such a flat demeanor most of the time in court, yet he saunters in and out lots of days smiling and chatting with family/gf. His interaction with Alex on jail calls doesn't feel engaged. He really comes off as a strange duck to me.

I think it is difficult to make any assessment of someone in his situation. I'm not sure how anyone would feel. His whole world has been upended in the last couple of years. His mother is dead, his only brother is dead, his dad is likely going to prison forever. It sounds like his mother's family may be estranged, if they think Alex did it. His family name is now trashed. All the money and properties he thought he would inherit are gone. He is now a "national figure" with people following him.
I just don't put to much into his demeanor because I don't know how someone's demeanor would be. I'd probably have a nervous breakdown myself.
(I know about the Smith allegations and boating allegations, so I'm not going to get into that).

One huge problem that I have with these defense experts is that the defense didn’t have them write a report and only gave them limited discovery.
I think the defense knows that’s the only way to get anyone halfway reputable. If they had full access I don’t think they could get anyone. JMO—this is definitely not my field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961