VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always good to suss these things out.

I've thought about it and your susposition that they didn't die right around the time their phones went dead doesn't quite fly with me. (But that's just me.) Paul was in the middle of an active conversation. And, yes, there could have been an 'event' that held them off from using their phones but what would it be? No killer is going to make them clean up. No killer(s) would hold them demanding answers for something. What would they know that could possibly help?

They were found in two different spots and Paul was in the feed room. They were clearly taken by surprise and had no defensive wounds.
Believe it was still a short time frame from when the phones went silent. PM's video showed the usual back and forth with MM and AM then after the video PM and MM continued with their usual day but in that time frame AM acting casual put his plan into action as PM went into the feed room he became the first victim with the shotgun. MM was just yards away, short yards and after hearing the gunshot's turned in surprise to see what was up. By that time AM had already dropped the shotgun and acquired the rifle shouldered and began firing. Both were caught in the element of surprise and only seconds to take in the reality of who was shooting them. IMO there was no song and dance with PM and MM or holding them at gunpoint AM needed them to be distracted with their own doings, just enough time to acquire the weapons and set all into motion.

I thought it came out in testimony that quite some time later, the blue raincoat was found in a closet that stored a lot of junk, at AM's parent's home? hell, That blue raincoat could have been worn many times as the good ole boys went hog shooting or duck hunting. i dont thin GSR evaporates. Old GSR in my opinion. Raincoat irrelevant to this case. MOO
You are correct that it was later that it was found in a closet and GSR could be from any time. However, Shelley Smith, the caretaker of Alex’s mother, testified it was very uncommon for Alex to visit at night and on the nightly visit he made after the murders he had a blue crumpled up tarp or raincoat, she could not tell which, under his arm.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure John Marvin told the story about the blue raincoat being found at his father's home in a closet that stored junk. There was NO biological material of AM found on that raincoat, that i am aware of. What exactly does a blue raincoat prove? Was he seen wearing it? Holding it? Using it in some fashion? It's a red herring..jmo
Since GSR was found on the inside state is not arguing he wore it but arguing it could have been used to cover the weapons while hiding them at Almeda, re the number of steps he took outside at Almeda. That said, I’m not sure why he would not leave the raincoat with the weapons but then again, Alex did so many things that were not smart. moo

Last edited:
I know it's highly unlikely but if he did, that would make me think he's even more narcissistic than I originally thought. His lawyers haven't done a bad job but if Alex did the closing I would get nothing productive done today
I will fall outta my chair if AM delivers his own closing argument!

I agree, easier to try to explain away accidentally deleting phone calls. Also agreed that he thought it would never get to the point of accessing his phone records, they would only examine his phone because of who he is, history of being above the law, relationship with Duffie Stone. Moo
Exactly, with Duffie in his pocket, he had no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeydipp37