SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone noticed some coincidences between the jurors' affidavits and CW's opening and closing statements.

Possibly either BH was repeating what CW said and/or there is some confusion among the jurors.

jurors statements1.jpg

jurors statements2.jpg

jurors statements3.jpg

Someone noticed some coincidences between the jurors' affidavits and CW's opening and closing statements.

Possibly either BH was repeating what CW said and/or there is some confusion among the jurors.

View attachment 446539

View attachment 446540

View attachment 446541
I don't read too much into CW's opening and closing statements, it was all true. AM's first recorded interviews in the police car were a disaster. He was fidgety, snorted snot, acted like he was barely affected at times and then suddenly fake cry. IMO

On the witness stand AM would answer a question many times with a verbal no, but his head would be nodding up and down in a 'yes' motion.

The photographic images were disturbing, I don't think that would be the job of the Clerk of Court to tell a jury if it is proven that she did.

JMO

^^rsbm

I think the example by OP is also comparable to the affidavits by jurors and the similar, leading questions asked by Holli Miller in the affidavits she prepared:

1694557047697.png

1694556705379.png

Something else that I’m wondering about is also the fact that these jurors wouldn’t have said anything if defense counsel hadn’t gone door to door knocking. I am uncomfortable with this. Who’s to say that <derogatory nickname> and Griffin didn’t use the release of the book and the things the clerk said as an opportunity to rile the jurors up? Would the jurors have come forward on their own?

I think it’s troubling that defense counsel can go knocking on jurors doors to try to get something for a new trial. If the jurors come forward on their own it’s one thing. In this case the clerk’s inappropriate comments on the jurors in her book served as a perfect opportunity for them. Prior to the book coming out doors were slammed in their faces.
I agree. If memory serves during the "press conference" <derogatory nickname> and the others were talking about how they felt like they had to drive for miles & miles on dirt roads into the hills to talk to some of the jurors. (not his exact words but similar).
Why were they so desperate to talk to the jurors? Could it be possible that the jurors were given some type of insentive to speak with them? Total speculation on my part. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. If memory serves during the "press conference" <derogatory nickname> and the others were talking about how they felt like they had to drive for miles & miles on dirt roads into the hills to talk to some of the jurors. (not his exact words but similar).
Why were they so desperate to talk to the jurors? Could it be possible that the jurors were given some type of insentive to speak with them? Total speculation on my part. JMO
Something smells rotten in Denmark me thinks...

JMO

I agree. If memory serves during the "press conference" <derogatory nickname>t and the others were talking about how they felt like they had to drive for miles & miles on dirt roads into the hills to talk to some of the jurors. (not his exact words but similar).
Their claim is that they heard some stuff was going on in the jury room that they needed to look into. The “whisper campaign” as they called it. The implication is there were rumors of impropriety with the jurors. So they gave chase and were shut down. The Heisman. Then the book came out. It’s not clear from the presser if they gave chase again or if the jurors came to them.

Their claim is that they heard some stuff was going on in the jury room that they needed to look into. The “whisper campaign” as they called it. The implication is there were rumors of impropriety with the jurors. So they gave chase and were shut down. The Heisman. Then the book came out. It’s not clear from the presser if they gave chase again or if the jurors came to them.
Yeah, we don’t know yet if jurors came to them or, as you said, they tried again.

We do know Joe representing some of them said they reached out to him right after the trial.

We do know that Clerk Hill attended with 3 jurors on their trip to NYC and, now as posted on other platforms and shown in her book, brought her daughter along to meet a music starts NBC during the juror’s trip. It was also revealed recently that Becky was connected on Facebook with one of the jurors who went to NY, and Becky can be seen replying to comments on that juror’s personal FB page anytime someone mentioned the trial or the clerk.

So many things are going to want to be examined by both sides. I’m curious if she would be allowed to be the Clerk for those proceedings or how that would all work out. Even if she didn’t change a juror’s vote, seems like there’s enough whispy smoke so far for the defense to want to go and investigate that fire. And the very well may have a chance to. I firmly believe they are not doing this solely because they feel like they messed up the first trial and now want a second, I think they are genuine in their concerns and want an investigation into more of this. JMOO though

View attachment 446768

"...invited to a criminal reunion...."

The golden boys, fallen from grace.... caught with their hands in everybody's Bank accounts.

Some are getting off way too easy. White collar crime is not crime without victims.

Real people really hurt.

Jmo

<snipped>
… It was also revealed recently that Becky was connected on Facebook with one of the jurors who went to NY, and Becky can be seen replying to comments on that juror’s personal FB page anytime someone mentioned the trial or the clerk. …

I‘ve been following pretty closely but missed this part about BH and her juror Facebook friends. Would you tell us more and/or share a link, please?

Co-author Neil Gordon was on a podcast just a few hours ago saying book sales have skyrocketed since the press conference. This is the best free publicity for this book. It may be the only thing that comes out of this.

I gotta agree with Eric Bland on this as much as I don’t trust the man. He said that jurors who rendered a verdict, got polled and confirmed it was their verdict and that they weren’t intimidated or influenced then come back 3 months later to say something else is bad for the Justice system. I think it’s bad for defendants, and its bad for victims/ the state. It makes a mockery of the jury process and deliberation. The appeal process is one thing but if jurors have to be picked apart post verdict we got big problems coming for the Justice system.

But, these jurors are asking it to be.

jmo

Yeah, we don’t know yet if jurors came to them or, as you said, they tried again.

We do know Joe representing some of them said they reached out to him right after the trial.

We do know that Clerk Hill attended with 3 jurors on their trip to NYC and, now as posted on other platforms and shown in her book, brought her daughter along to meet a music starts NBC during the juror’s trip. It was also revealed recently that Becky was connected on Facebook with one of the jurors who went to NY, and Becky can be seen replying to comments on that juror’s personal FB page anytime someone mentioned the trial or the clerk.

So many things are going to want to be examined by both sides. I’m curious if she would be allowed to be the Clerk for those proceedings or how that would all work out. Even if she didn’t change a juror’s vote, seems like there’s enough whispy smoke so far for the defense to want to go and investigate that fire. And the very well may have a chance to. I firmly believe they are not doing this solely because they feel like they messed up the first trial and now want a second, I think they are genuine in their concerns and want an investigation into more of this. JMOO though
i realize the following reply is not an apples to apples comparison, but kind of similar. for many years i served as corporate secretary in a privately held business. as such i was privy to tons of confidential information and board liaison- aka- knew where the bones were buried. people thought i was shy or a prick. but, i didn't stand around and chat much. i was afraid something would accidentally slip. i can't imagine the clerk of court seeming so chummy w/ some jurors. i had overlooked the nyc group flight. she more than crossed the line, in my opinion.

Why does anyone think these jurors would commit the criminal offense of perjury for kicks?

jmo
I don’t think any of them are intentionally committing perjury but I don’t understand how one can vote guilty with less than 3 hours deliberation and affirm that verdict as their own in open court and less than 6 months later say they only voted guilty because they felt pressured by the rest of the jury. And I don’t understand why some say they observed others discussing the trial and said nothing about it at the time when they were instructed daily not to do so. And I cannot help but wonder whether the things said in the affidavits were accurate memories of what happened or whether things they have seen in media or conversations with one another since the trial or perhaps the way they were questioned by the defense might have muddied those recollections.

Perhaps every word in those affidavits is true, perhaps only some of it, perhaps none of it. I want them to hold the hearing on the motion and I want them to testify in open court and be cross examined. I don’t know if they would hold such a hearing in open court because it would be hard to protect the identity of the jurors who do not wish to be identified. But that’s what I want to see - or hear if they allow audio but not video or read if they allow only the transcript to be released. I don’t know that we’ll get any of that but it’s what I need to make up my mind about all of this.

I do not know whether a new trial is granted when a juror says they were pressured or if it is learned that jurors were discussing the case prior to deliberations. But whether it is enough for a new trial or not, if they were discussing the case before deliberations, shame on them and if they pressured a juror to vote guilty with less than 3 hours to hear that juror out on their concerns, shame on them. If they weren’t discussing the case and some are saying now that they did then shame on those who are saying this now. If the juror who says they weren’t sure about Murdaugh’s guilt but caved to pressure in such a short time, shame on him. If he thought guilty then but wasn’t so sure after the trial and is saying now it was due to pressure then shame on him. I do think Murdaugh is guilty and was happy to see the conviction but I’d rather have seen a hung jury and a mistrial than to see this mess now. Some on the jury have done a disservice to their oath and to both the prosecution and the defense and the people of SC - I don’t know yet if that is those speaking out now or those who talked about the trial when they shouldn’t have been or exerted pressure on another juror.

As for what’s being said about the clerk’s involvement…I think the defense has misrepresented what actually happened regarding the FB post and the ex-husband and am not sure why they made this a focus since the reason given for dismissing the egg lady wasn’t about the FB post but about an email received by the Judge regarding conversations she had with others - I don’t know who sen that email but it would seem that email was the catalyst for the egg lady being discharged and not the FB post or the clerk’s comments about that post. But regarding the clerk’s Involvement with the jury, sure I find it hard to believe that anyone in that position would insert themselves that way and i suspect that some of the things being said really have valid explanations BUT if any of what is being said is deemed to be true through the official hearing on the motion - if any of it is true - doesn’t have to be all of it - not even the majority of it - but IF she was involving herself in any of the ways they have said, then I believe that there has to be a new trial and I would hope that BH would be held accountable whether that involves charges or sanctions or fines or whatever - if she did any of those things and a new trial is granted because of it then she has cost the state an incredible amount of time and money and it should be more than a slap on the wrist for an elected official. I’m not saying that she did do these things - I’m saying IF she did them - and we won’t know that unless a full hearing on the motion is held. I hope it is soon and I hope it is public.

But no I don’t think any juror - not even the egg lady - is intentionally committing perjury…not for their 15 minutes of fame, not because something in the book ticked them off, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member