SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is messy. But that doesn’t negate AM’s actions in shooting his son and gunning down his wife. In her back. After she saw him shoot their son.

We should take bets: The bushy haired stranger? The one-armed man? OJ?

Except no one would bet on anyone else. If you watched the trial, you know AM is guilty.

Except maybe

Please go read the trial transcripts like Judge Toal or watch the trial videos. Real evidence was found, presented, and shows him to be the murderer. Judge Toal said so, twelve jurors deliberated so, and I, too, believe he is guilty of murdering his own family members.

But don’t take my word for it, go see for yourself.

I watched the trial and he was found guilty, okay so there is a prob with the jury and so he has a right to appeal and he will continue to appeal until all options are exhausted. I don't think the entire picture is there. these murders are so hard to fathom. mOO

An interview with Neil Gordon, Becky Hill's coauthor...

Since it's behind a paywall I won't quote from the article, but here are a few items that were covered:
  • He's unaware of any lies in the book but thinks that Becky's bias against AM likely influenced her point of view.
  • They never discussed whether a guilty verdict made the book more marketable.
  • Becky's testimony that the book made $100,000 in profit was accurate. The agreement was that she would receive 2/3 of the proceeds.
  • Approximately 15,000 books were sold. It's no longer available for sale but has become a collector's item on eBay.
  • The BBC has not pursued any perjury claim against the authors.

An interview with Neil Gordon, Becky Hill's coauthor...

Since it's behind a paywall I won't quote from the article, but here are a few items that were covered:
  • He's unaware of any lies in the book but thinks that Becky's bias against AM likely influenced her point of view.
  • They never discussed whether a guilty verdict made the book more marketable.
  • Becky's testimony that the book made $100,000 in profit was accurate. The agreement was that she would receive 2/3 of the proceeds.
  • Approximately 15,000 books were sold. It's no longer available for sale but has become a collector's item on eBay.
  • The BBC has not pursued any perjury claim against the authors.
Oh Boy!! I have a collectors item. It's on my kindle so I guess it stays there. I haven't read it and probably won't.

I watched the trial and he was found guilty, okay so there is a prob with the jury and so he has a right to appeal and he will continue to appeal until all options are exhausted. I don't think the entire picture is there. these murders are so hard to fathom. mOO
AM was a desperate man caught up in a desperate scheme that was going to be exposed. His family was expendable to him at that point because they knew too much and were causing AM problems. Maggie with the questions about money and Paul with a potential multi million dollar suit(s) against him for wrongful death in the Mallory Beach case.

Most normal people couldn't fathom it, but AM is so very far from normal.

JMO

The next question set to be resolved is who will get the last assets Murdaugh had to his name.

For more than two years, two court-appointed receivers — Peter McCoy and John T. Lay — have been tasked with liquidating Murdaugh’s belongings and safeguarding the money for the myriad people who say they were harmed by his actions.

They sold his beach house and the uninhabited islands he owned, cut the timber on his land, emptied his 401(k), and found buyers for his boat and farm equipment. After legal fees, they marshalled an estimated $1.8 million.

It won’t come close to covering all the 15 claims — totaling more than $100 million in all — filed against his assets. They include, among others, the family of 19-year-old Mallory Beach, who died after his son Paul allegedly crashed his boat in 2019; several former legal clients who said he mishandled their cases; and his law firm, which repaid much of the money he stole.

Judge Daniel Hall appointed Greenville attorney Walt Tollison in September to sort through the claims, giving him until Feb. 5 to decide who will get what. Tollison said he is on track to meet the judge’s deadline.

The next question set to be resolved is who will get the last assets Murdaugh had to his name.

For more than two years, two court-appointed receivers — Peter McCoy and John T. Lay — have been tasked with liquidating Murdaugh’s belongings and safeguarding the money for the myriad people who say they were harmed by his actions.

They sold his beach house and the uninhabited islands he owned, cut the timber on his land, emptied his 401(k), and found buyers for his boat and farm equipment. After legal fees, they marshalled an estimated $1.8 million.

It won’t come close to covering all the 15 claims — totaling more than $100 million in all — filed against his assets. They include, among others, the family of 19-year-old Mallory Beach, who died after his son Paul allegedly crashed his boat in 2019; several former legal clients who said he mishandled their cases; and his law firm, which repaid much of the money he stole.

Judge Daniel Hall appointed Greenville attorney Walt Tollison in September to sort through the claims, giving him until Feb. 5 to decide who will get what. Tollison said he is on track to meet the judge’s deadline.
In total, I have seen nothing of their assets, aside from the acreage, that shows me they were anything more than upper middle class. Their belongings were dated, the house was cute and the boat was small and old. WTH did they do with the money??? Either earned or stolen???

Seeing the latest on the details from the coauthor and with BH on the book - it just seems that some individuals don’t know when it is best not to speak. MOO
I have some sympathy for Gordon. He was the first person to spot Hill's plagiarism when her emails were made public. He immediately confronted her and ended all book sales. He could have just kept quiet and waited until someone else discovered it, which may have been months or years later (or never).

And I also understand his quandary. He wants to speak up and clear his name. If he keeps quiet people think he's hiding something. Their anger at Hill was getting directed his way, with people suggesting that he could have been a party to her various misdeeds.

Are Gloria Satterfield's sons included in the clients he mishandled? I still think he murdered her too by pushing her down those steps.

Are Gloria Satterfield's sons included in the clients he mishandled? I still think he murdered her too by pushing her down those steps.
Murdaugh is quite the piece of work, so I wouldn't put anything past him. He clearly manipulated her death to his benefit and to the detriment of the boys.

However, as methods of murder go, pushing someone off a stoop is pretty inefficient. 99 times out of 100, they will just get up, dust themselves off and ask why you pushed them. Maybe once in 100 they'll hurt themselves badly enough to need medical attention. And for them to fall into a coma and die has got to be a 1-in-1000 shot. In fact, it's hard to think of a less likely way to kill someone. Maybe the steamroller from Austin Powers?

So, I believe Murdaugh just saw the opportunity and ran with it. If he hadn't stolen from the Satterfield boys, it would have just been another client or a friend who trusted him.

If I remember correctly, AM showed up at the residence after GS had already fallen? And MM and PM were already there. What I also seem to remember from the call to 911 by MM to report the incident, it almost seemed that MM and PM were ‘put off’ (my words) by all of the questions from the 911 operator/dispatch trying to assess GS condition and predicament, as well as needs by ambulance or other care or treatment for her? Both MM and PM IMO seemed very curt and short with the dispatcher; I believe PM might even have used words to the 911 line along the likes of ‘do you have to ask all these questions……?‘ I can’t recall or readily locate details as to AM behavior at that incident or when he arrived.

With all matters relating to AM and his conduct, it seems obligatory to follow the money. And that should continue now. It is not apparent that a complete or accurate forensic accounting for all AM monies in US or elsewhere is complete? MOO

Murdaugh is quite the piece of work, so I wouldn't put anything past him. He clearly manipulated her death to his benefit and to the detriment of the boys.

However, as methods of murder go, pushing someone off a stoop is pretty inefficient. 99 times out of 100, they will just get up, dust themselves off and ask why you pushed them. Maybe once in 100 they'll hurt themselves badly enough to need medical attention. And for them to fall into a coma and die has got to be a 1-in-1000 shot. In fact, it's hard to think of a less likely way to kill someone. Maybe the steamroller from Austin Powers?

So, I believe Murdaugh just saw the opportunity and ran with it. If he hadn't stolen from the Satterfield boys, it would have just been another client or a friend who trusted him.
Depends on the strength of the shove. I just watched a true crime program last night where they were able to charge the murderer solely on his admission "downplay" that he "pushed" her because she hit her head hard enough to kill her. Victim's name was Tricia Todd.

If I remember correctly, AM showed up at the residence after GS had already fallen? And MM and PM were already there. What I also seem to remember from the call to 911 by MM to report the incident, it almost seemed that MM and PM were ‘put off’ (my words) by all of the questions from the 911 operator/dispatch trying to assess GS condition and predicament, as well as needs by ambulance or other care or treatment for her? Both MM and PM IMO seemed very curt and short with the dispatcher; I believe PM might even have used words to the 911 line along the likes of ‘do you have to ask all these questions……?‘ I can’t recall or readily locate details as to AM behavior at that incident or when he arrived.

With all matters relating to AM and his conduct, it seems obligatory to follow the money. And that should continue now. It is not apparent that a complete or accurate forensic accounting for all AM monies in US or elsewhere is complete? MOO
If Alex didn't do it, then I'm convinced that Paul did. It's rare to fall hard enough to crack your head without being forcefully shoved, and you don't "trip over dogs going up stairs'. That's a crock.

A8C0976B-2753-453E-AB12-1C00A9985A25.jpeg

The last of Alex Murdaugh's known assets, totaling roughly $1.76 million in liquid cash, will be divvied up among 16 parties that include plaintiffs in lawsuits against the disgraced former lawyer, creditors, former colleagues, and victims of his various thefts and legal malpractices.

The money will be split and allocated in accordance with the order of Greenville attorney Walt Tollison, a special referee appointed by the courts to decide how Murdaugh's remaining assets would be distributed after third-party lawyers spent two years working to recover all Murdaugh's assets and manage his finances.

A judge placed Murdaugh's assets under court control through what's known as a receivership after lawyers for Murdaugh's various legal adversaries complained in the fall of 2021 Murdaugh's family was deliberately emptying the now-convicted murderer's bank accounts ahead of expected judgments against him.

Tollison's order Monday comes after three months of legal haggling among those with claims against Murdaugh's assets, which Tollison noted resulted in an "unsuccessful mediation," thus forcing him to make "difficult decisions regarding the allocation" of the finite amount of money recovered by the courts.

[…]

If Alex didn't do it, then I'm convinced that Paul did. It's rare to fall hard enough to crack your head without being forcefully shoved, and you don't "trip over dogs going up stairs'. That's a crock.
Yes, I don’t disagree something is ‘off’ with that case. And if that is the case, one can surmise that it is perhaps the lack of a suitable investigation, lack of accountability, questionable insurance motives, and/or an inability or unwillingness to hold one accountable. And add in a culture that it seems is looking the other way in certain scenarios. It still seems that more investigation needs to be done to locate and identify all the monies involved in this individual AM’s cases over the past several decades and that law firm and its partners and affiliates. MOO

Last edited:
Isn't that good ole' Grandpa Murdaugh in the painting behind AM? Oh how rich is that juxtaposition?! One posed as a respected man of law in a suit and hanging in the Courthouse hall and one posed in his jailhouse oranges, inmate ID #, handcuffed and ready to be led back to his lovely home aka SCDOC. :cool:

1707233004777.png

Isn't that good ole' Grandpa Murdaugh in the painting behind AM? Oh how rich is that juxtaposition?! One posed as a respected man of law in a suit and hanging in the Courthouse hall and one posed in his jailhouse oranges, inmate ID #, handcuffed and ready to be led back to his lovely home aka SCDOC. :cool:

View attachment 481325
NO SHAME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members