Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was pretty terrible at committing this crime (Thank God) he did not in any way do very well in trying to cover it up..and the fact that his car is on camera, and he tried to run!

Apparently he’s not well versed in interior detailing, either, which is awesome.
We’ve speculated about his employment, I’m crossing rocket scientist & auto detailer off my list of possibilities.

Out of the facts we’ve been given thus far, this one just gives me chills. She would’ve gotten the message from her uber driver that he was there within a minute (max 2-3 minutes before notification of cancellation), and the terror she must’ve felt at that moment upon realizing what was happening and that she was locked in, makes me sick to my stomach and brings tears to my eyes.

Oh God, can you imagine the shock & terror you would feel upon receiving that text. Pretty awful to think about.

Anyone think the murderer might have worked in the area, maybe second shift, getting off around midnight or 1 a.m.?
If so, he would be very aware of women using Uber, the busiest times, etc.
Possibly he worked in a restaurant or bar.
This is JMO: Five Points is such a place that you wouldn't need to have a familiarity in order to victimize someone.

Oh God, can you imagine the shock & terror you would feel upon receiving that text. Pretty awful to think about.

I wonder if she received and read the text? If she did, wouldn't she have texted a reply? Called or texted someone for belp?

either her phone was off, in her purse, she ignored ut, or things went bad very, very quickly....

I wonder if she received and read the text? If she did, wouldn't she have texted a reply? Called or texted someone for belp?

either her phone was off, in her purse, she ignored ut, or things went bad very, very quickly....

If he heard her phone sound, I’d say things went bad immediately.
Hope this is a DP case. Moo

My guess is things went bad pretty quickly, as sad as it is to say that. As in she read the text and her response/reaction led to things escalating and her not being able to make any further calls/communication.

Dumb and lazy

The mere fact he took off running is crazy. Where did he plan to go? Prob to the nearest car to car jack someone, imo. I doubt he had a lot of sleep after murdering Samantha, disposing of her body & doing his half butt cleaning job in his death mobile. Maybe he did get such a rush he planned to pull off another murder, and decided he’d clean after the next one.
Wonder if they drug tested him?

That, or something triggered him and he just totally lost it. Either way, a truly innocent person was unfairly taken from this world far too soon.
Watching the video of him "lurking" in the parking area (what else would be a reason for him to be in that parking lot unless he was clubbing himself) and pulling around to pick her up makes me believe he knew what he was doing and probably planned it, waiting for a random woman, true, but sill hunting.

We (more or less) know she wasn't shot.
The *RAGE* I can imagine that he had is terrifying. My stomach turns when I think of how Sami felt, trapped in that car.
Peaked in high school (basketball star), flunked out of college...? (Did he even really go to SCSU?!)
Absolutely no violent criminal record.
There are so many things that aren't adding up. I hope police can figure this thing out and fast. And hell isn't hot enough for the likes of him. I'm no fan of the death penalty, but in this case that's what I hope for.
ETA: Like I said earlier, I hope LE is investigating every missing woman between Cola and Mount Zion and everywhere surrounding. And If he has victimized other women who are still living, I hope they find the courage to come forward.

Last edited:
Watching the video of him "lurking" in the parking area (what else would be a reason for him to be in that parking lot unless he was clubbing himself) and pulling around to pick her up makes me believe he knew what he was doing and probably planned it, waiting for a random woman, true, but sill hunting.

And think, when he fled on foot, the first car he was able to reach with an unlocked door would have been his next victim.

The *RAGE* I can imagine that he had is terrifying. My stomach turns when I think of how Sami felt, trapped in that car.
Peaked in high school (basketball star), flunked out of college...? (Did he even really go to SCSU?!)
There are so many things that aren't adding up. I hope police can figure this thing out and fast. And hell isn't hot enough for the likes of him. I'm no fan of the death penalty, but in this case that's what I hope for.
ETA: Like I said earlier, I hope LE is investigating every missing woman between Cola and Mount Zion and everywhere surrounding. And If he has victimized other women who are still living, I hope they find the courage to come forward.
Wonder what position he played in basketball since his height is given as 5'8" and his weight is 160 lbs, according to his inmate description.

I think if he had a gun, he prob would have shot at the officer that stopped him. Thankfully the officer was not injured or killed.
I think his passenger was clueless. Maybe stunned when the murderer ran off.

It does sound like this was premeditated. I would not be surprised if he has done this before, although it does sound a bit disorganized. He did not hide the body well and the victim's blood and cellphone were found in his car.
If not his first act of violence, at least it will be the last. I hope that justice is served swiftly for this family. Imo

Wonder if he was in any of the bars she went to that night?

'We loved Sammy': friends, family holds vigil for slain USC student Samantha Josephson

A local rabbi told the group it was tough to come up with any words of comfort; instead, he urged people to focus on their memories of Samantha, which he said were filled with energy, passion, and love for her family and friends.

"The fact that we are at this vigil is unthinkable, unimaginable, unspeakable," he said. "In what universe does it make sense that we are standing at this young woman's vigil?"

Samantha was graduating in May, and was headed to law school at Drexel University in the fall.

Many speakers couldn't hold back the tears as they spoke. Samantha's boyfriend told the group at the vigil that she was a force of good. He said they'd known each other for four years, and were planning a life together.

"She truly was the love of my life," he said. "I saw such a clear future with her. I thought I had my future so perfectly planned out."

He said their last conversation was on Facetime just hours before her death. He said he gave her one last message: "That I was her person and that she loved me and she could truly be herself around me."

Her father, Seymour Josephson, spoke about her use of Uber, and how she mistakenly got into what she thought was her ride. He said he wants everyone to make sure they use good safety, and plans to urge Uber and Lyft to do more to educate their riders about precautions.

"I don't want anyone else to ever go through this again," he said. "I can't tell you how painful this is."

But he wanted the crowd to know that his daughter, a New Jersey native, had enjoyed her time in South Carolina and at the university.

It does sound like this was premeditated. I would not be surprised if he has done this before, although it does sound a bit disorganized. He did not hide the body well and the victim's blood and cellphone were found in his car.
If not his first act of violence, at least it will be the last. I hope that justice is served swiftly for this family. Imo

His disorganization makes me think he was on drugs & has some addiction issues. I hope I’m wrong as I’d hate to see him get leniency under the “I didn’t know what I was doing” defense.
Samantha should be home, preparing for not far off finals, graduation, moving to attend Drexel, interning for United Nations (perhaps), but because of the murderer her goals will never be met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173