SC - South Carolina Prosecutor Arrested On Attempted Murder, Multiple Child Abuse Charges, Oct 2021 *Guilty, no jail*

From the article concerning Mims choking his young daughter until she cried and coughed afterward.

“According to the prosecution, Mims was initially charged with attempted murder for the offense. However, the prosecution decided not to go forward with the charge due to South Carolina's statute that would require the State to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Mims intended to kill the child.

Prosecutors say while Mims' actions could have easily resulted in the child's death, his actual intent would be harder to prove.”

This is the most ridiculous supposed logic I have ever heard.
The prosecution is presented with attempted murder cases many times in a years time. And of those cases there are very few where they have someone who shot, stabbed, choked, or beat another person to the brink of death where that attacker shouted as he came after the victim “Here I come! I’m going to kill you! That is my intent, right now, at this moment!”
So what does the prosecutor do? Does he cavalierly drop the charge? No! They work the case and investigate and find a way to argue for justice!
These prosecutors just didn’t want to do the work required to find justice here. Maybe because Mims is their buddy. Maybe because they are lazy and super bad at their jobs. Either way, it’s a travesty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back