SC - South Carolina Prosecutor Arrested On Attempted Murder, Multiple Child Abuse Charges, Oct 2021 *Guilty, no jail*

I can see him not making it to his next hearing. People like him aren't so big and brave when faced with having to survive prison with the likes of people he is used to putting there,as they are when they are torturing women and babies.

I find the comparison to Bundy right on the spot. This man is very intelligent it seems by looking at his bio, I dare say he’s a good looking all American type that a lot of people would instantly trust as people tend to do. Several of Bundys victims trusted him on sight. This looks to be a true Jekyll/Hyde situation and after reading this, I’m not even interested in the video as I enjoy my sleep too much.

1 charge dropped against ex-prosecutor accused of choking child in Berkeley County case
"The alleged abuse came to light through Mims’ divorce proceedings. His ex-wife’s lawyer, whom she retained days before Mims’ arrest, discovered the video footage and reported the incidents to Hanahan police." I was under the impression that the wife, or ex-wife went to the police. So, maybe the ex-wife turned the video over to her lawyer? I'm just really glad this was caught before a child was seriously injured or killed. I wonder if there were any injuries serious enough to have hospital records?

Cameras set up inside their home? Did they run continuously and video stored somewhere? Hard drive, cloud?
What was the purposes of having multiple cameras set up inside of the home?
(Other than point of entry/exits)
Used for part of varied social media sites?
I’m so glad she was finally able to go to the police.
some abusers have cameras up to monitor every move of their victims...... chilling

Being on websleuths, many of us are privy to horrific child abuse cases...but I don't think I remember ever reading about a case where somebody was such a Jekyll and Hyde.

Total raging psychopath...What sort of sickness causes someone to behave like that against defenseless children, it makes me want to throw up to think about the long term damage he's done to all of them. I pray they can recover.

As for him...I wonder if he's buddies with Alex Murdaugh? What is in the water in SC low country? Swamp monsters, both of them.

@cvaldez1975
From the article… sorry can only post in part due to agreement.

In one, which happened sometime in 2019, Mims was accused of leaving a long gun, which appeared on video to be a BB gun, on the floor of his house within reach of his three children, a Hanahan police officer testified.

Mims and his ex-wife appear to be in the midst of an argument when Mims kicks the gun under furniture while laughing, the officer said, citing a video recording of the incident.

The two adults are the only people who could be seen, the officer said. She had no evidence any of the children were injured as a result of the BB gun.

Mims’ ex-wife captured the argument with her cellphone, West said, arguing the state had no proof Mims was the one who put the gun in the living room — or even owned it, for that matter.

The children’s mother had just as much responsibility for their children’s welfare, West said, at one point labeling her an “angry ex-wife.”

He criticized the woman for pulling out her cellphone to record the argument “rather than being an adult and simply picking (the gun) up.”

West implored the judge to dismiss the charge, stating there wasn’t enough evidence to establish Mims willfully put his children in harm’s way.

Gosnell agreed with the defense attorney and dropped the charge.

Last edited:
@cvaldez1975
More from the same article…

Mims is also accused of kicking his 18-month-old daughter on her backside, causing her to stumble forward but not fall down, the officer testified.

The action appeared unprovoked, and happened in front of Mims’ ex-wife, who was holding their infant child, the officer said.

The woman immediately went toward Mims after he kicked their daughter, “yelling no,” according to copies of Mims’ arrest affidavits.

The incident, which occurred in 2018, was captured by a “nanny cam” installed in the family home. The surveillance camera had a view of the kitchen area but did not have sound, the officer testified.

West confirmed through his line of questioning that the officer did not know whether the 18-month-old suffered marks or injuries as a result of Mims’ reported actions.[/QUOTE]

@cvaldez1975

More, same article,

The alleged abuse came to light through Mims’ divorce proceedings. His ex-wife’s lawyer, whom she retained days before Mims’ arrest, discovered the video footage and reported the incidents to Hanahan police.

Mims’ law license was placed on interim suspension by the S.C. Supreme court as the five remaining criminal charges are pending in Berkeley County.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosthrough
Back