SC - Todd Kohlhepp, known and possible victims

I have been trying to figure out since that 48 Hours episode last night which AZ missing persons or cold cases could be linked to TK.

Question for everyone on this thread: do we think it's possible TK killed someone before going to prison in 1987?
TK spent the summer of 1982 at his bio dad's house in AZ and then went to live with him after that until his arrest on Nov 25 1987.
He got out of prison in Aug 2001.

I think I saw someone else mention this name but I have been keeping an eye on this man http://www.abc15.com/news/state/sidney-cranston-jr-update-fbi-still-looking-for-missing-arizona-realtor

Links are being pulled but I got a SS from google and look at page 2 of this google search

15078550_1367389723295819_1542884227713924503_n.jpg

I think I saw someone else mention this name but I have been keeping an eye on this man http://www.abc15.com/news/state/sid...fbi-still-looking-for-missing-arizona-realtor

Links are being pulled but I got a SS from google and look at page 2 of this google search

attachment.php

Thanks Skibs! Sidney Cranston needs to go on your map, IMO.

We also need to find out when TK started driving. He was 15 when his dad left him alone for 3 days and he most likely had the keys to his dad's truck. He got the hand gun he used to rape the 14 year old neighbor out of the glove box in his dad's truck. He also had two jobs in AZ prior to going prison. So he very well could have been driving at 15.

I think it's very possible. The driving age used to be much younger than it is today. For example, I'm 35 & live in SC. I got my permit when I was 15 and then took the driving test 3 months later. At that point, I had a restricted license and couldn't drive after 6/8 pm (depending on the time change) without a licensed driver until I turned 16. At that point, I could drive by myself at any time.

The laws have changed since then and now you must be 16 to obtain a permit and restricted drivers license and can only drive after dark after your 17th birthday.

BUT obviously... AZ laws may have been different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I mentioned that last night on some thread. I have been watching for that connection. This also brings in the possibility of the missing "Keller Williams agent from Texas. http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...issing-richardson-real-estate-agent/281788423

Ok I just got super creeped out with a SS I have from his Facebook

"well..yeah that's why you throw the dead bodies of your vanquished (keller williams gonna learn today) on the fire"

Camelia Perez-Hernandez was last heard from July 11th. The Facebook comment is from August 16th

"well..yeah that's why you throw the dead bodies of your vanquished (keller williams gonna learn today) on the fire"

Camelia Perez-Hernandez was last heard from July 11th. The Facebook comment is from August 16th

Huh. I have that screenshot but didn't add it to the timeline as it's prior to 8/31. Will add it now.

ETA - Done-zo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16W-f3KfkNQIUbamUk2Hl4PdEvso4wHVvzP_EN2Qg890/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, someone else brought that up earlier in this thread. I did not think it likely at the time because Camelia is thought to have been killed by her boyfriend, who is also missing. Police have a warrant out for his arrest on the charge of murder but they think he fled to Mexico. Now I feel like ANYTHING is possible. But I'm not finding a clear connection to Texas or why/how TK could have met Camelia and her boyfriend.

Yes, someone else brought that up earlier in this thread. I did not think it likely at the time because Camelia is thought to have been killed by her boyfriend, who is also missing. Police have a warrant out for his arrest on the charge of murder but they think he fled to Mexico. Now I feel like ANYTHING is possible. But I'm not finding a clear connection to Texas or why/how TK could have met Camelia and her boyfriend.

:facepalm:

The last week is a blur... I remember seeing it myself now too.

I think a case to look at may be Vernette Wester. She lived 3 miles from TK in Tempe and she had 5 kids. She is old enough (39) that it is possible one of her kids went to high school with TK. She went missing Nov 22, 1985 while she was out running errands. Her estranged husband was thought to be a suspect at the time of her disappearance so that seems like it would rule her out as being a victim of TK but I really want to know if any of her kids went to school with TK.TK would have been 14 and Nov seems to be the time of year he chose to act out.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1117/
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?78936-AZ-Vernette-Wester-39-Tempe-21-Nov-1985

Wow! I don't know what the connection could be... but a woman found dead after she and her boyfriend are reported missing (& then the missing boyfriend becomes the primary suspect in the girl's murder but he's still missing) seems like a scenario that could definitely be a possibility for this guy.

Could he have gone to TX for a training seminar or a networking conference?

ETA: After reading about the case, it seems unlikely to be related to TK. Her boyfriend called his employer a week after their disappearance and the call was traced back to Mexico, and friends reportedly told LE he was violent with her and she'd been trying to end the relationship.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wfaa...ssing-for-seven-weeks/310677754?client=safari

I totally agree that this week is a blur. Somewhere on one of the threads there was a link to a news article that another LE dept. had been contacted about a missing realtor. I don't think it was Arizona or Texas but I can't find the post. My point being missing relators may be a specific point of interest for LE.

Wow! I don't know what the connection could be... but a woman found dead after she and her boyfriend are reported missing (& then the missing boyfriend becomes the primary suspect in the girl's murder but he's still missing) seems like a scenario that could definitely be a possibility for this guy.

Could he have gone to TX for a training seminar or a networking conference?

ETA: After reading about the case, it seems unlikely to be related to TK. Her boyfriend called his employer a week after their disappearance and the call was traced back to Mexico, and friends reportedly told LE he was violent with her and she'd been trying to end the relationship.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wfaa...ssing-for-seven-weeks/310677754?client=safari

Yeah, I agree police had very specific reasons for putting out a warrant for the boyfriend. Also, I don't think they found her body yet and while a murder charge without a body is not unheard of it is not very common unless there is compelling evidence the missing person is deceased. Their thread is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...amp-Luis-Rodriguez-41-Richardson-11-July-2016

Someone asked about when TK could drive. He happens to be exactly the same age as my first cousin, who is from Spartanburg County (but was in a different school district--I asked!). At that time, SC drivers could get their license at 15, and many states allowed a driver who was already licensed in another state to keep their license in the new state. I cannot confirm if AZ was one of those states, but we already know that TK was not a law-abiding citizen.

That being said, at that time, 14 year olds COULD get SC licenses if they either lived on a farm and had to drive farm pickups, including off of the farm, OR if their parent went to the DMV with them and got a waiver, for example, working single mothers, who needed their teens to drive themselves to school or other places b/c the parent had to work.. I cannot say this happened for TK, but I know 100% for sure that my aunt did that at that exact time in the same county with my cousin, so he could drive at 14 legally (my cousin, that is).

I grew up in a nearby state and was pi$$ed that my cousin could drive at 14 when I had to wait until 16 for my state.

I totally agree that this week is a blur. Somewhere on one of the threads there was a link to a news article that another LE dept. had been contacted about a missing realtor. I don't think it was Arizona or Texas but I can't find the post. My point being missing relators may be a specific point of interest for LE.

I totally agree. Especially any that could have been in competition with the same housing market.

Someone asked about when TK could drive. He happens to be exactly the same age as my first cousin, who is from Spartanburg County (but was in a different school district--I asked!). At that time, SC drivers could get their license at 15, and many states allowed a driver who was already licensed in another state to keep their license in the new state. I cannot confirm if AZ was one of those states, but we already know that TK was not a law-abiding citizen.

That being said, at that time, 14 year olds COULD get SC licenses if they either lived on a farm and had to drive farm pickups, including off of the farm, OR if their parent went to the DMV with them and got a waiver, for example, working single mothers, who needed their teens to drive themselves to school or other places b/c the parent had to work.. I cannot say this happened for TK, but I know 100% for sure that my aunt did that at that exact time in the same county with my cousin, so he could drive at 14 legally (my cousin, that is).

I grew up in a nearby state and was pi$$ed that my cousin could drive at 14 when I had to wait until 16 for my state.

Thanks! TK lived in AZ from the age of 12 to 15 when he was arrested. It's not impossible, however, that he visited his mother in SC and got a driver's license there (Or that AZ had similar laws). His mother has mentioned in interviews that her parents owned a farm and TK was sent to "help" on their farm on many occasions but he refused to do any work and just sat in a chair holding the cat. I'm not sure where the grandparents' farm is located but it did cross my mind that TK could have gotten a license to drive at the age of 14 by saying he needed it to "help" on their farm.

I believe here in Texas it was called "Hardship" license

I think it was Ohio?

I think a case to look at may be Vernette Wester. She lived 3 miles from TK in Tempe and she had 5 kids. She is old enough (39) that it is possible one of her kids went to high school with TK. She went missing Nov 22, 1985 while she was out running errands. Her estranged husband was thought to be a suspect at the time of her disappearance so that seems like it would rule her out as being a victim of TK but I really want to know if any of her kids went to school with TK.TK would have been 14 and Nov seems to be the time of year he chose to act out.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1117/
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?78936-AZ-Vernette-Wester-39-Tempe-21-Nov-1985

It's interesting to me LE said he 'shot someone' rather than killed someone in Arizona. I wonder if it was a shooting where someone survived.

I don't think searches have to be limited just to before TK went to prison. If his father still lived there, he could have visited Arizona at anytime and possibly lived there a short time after prison too? I think TK is pretty unlikely for the Vernette Wester case. Her children all think the estranged (abusive) husband did it and he refused to cooperate with police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KelsMitts
Back