SD SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

cybervampira

Reaction score
Pennington County Fire Service

Public asked for help finding missing child

Pennington County, SD – Law enforcement agencies are now looking for a missing nine year old girl last seen at 11:20 am, Sunday, February 3, 2019, leaving the Children’s Home Society on South Rockerville Road. The Sheriff’s Office is concerned for her safety especially considering the winter weather conditions and her lack of warm clothing.

Serenity Dennard is described as a Caucasian female, 4’7”, 90 pounds, with blue eyes and shoulder length dirty blonde hair. She was last seen wearing only a long sleeved grey shirt with flowers, blue jeans and snow boots. (Picture attached) She is from Sturgis and may be trying to get to family.

Pennington County Deputies, Pennington County Search and Rescue, Custer County Search and Rescue, Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department, Rapid City Fire Department and at least three dogs are searching the area around Highway 16 and Rockerville. If anyone has seen or had contact with this little girl, please contact the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office at (605) 394-6115.

##

upload_2019-2-4_1-48-21.png

Pennington County Sheriff's Office

Authorities In Pennington County Searching For Missing 9-Year-Old Girl

Thread #1
Thread #2

I wish it was mushroom hunters(they rarely grow in the black hills), more than likely it will be people on a hike. I know people have been found before like that in the black hills(stumbles upon)
The weather has not been kind there this year. They are inundated with rain. Crazy amounts of hail that look like snow. So much moisture that they are having rock slides. If she’s out there she could be buried under dirt due to the rain and soul moving or just sinking in
Do you recall how long those other people had been out there before being found? It just seems to me that after being out there for almost 6 months, in an area inhabited by a lot of wildlife, there wouldn't be much left in the line of remains. Maybe her skull. clothes and boots. I think that may be the sad reality.

Do you recall how long those other people had been out there before being found? It just seems to me that after being out there for almost 6 months, in an area inhabited by a lot of wildlife, there wouldn't be much left in the line of remains. Maybe her skull. clothes and boots. I think that may be the sad reality.

I’ll post some links. Here is one that was 14 years about an hour away. Also in part of the black hills area.
14 years after he went missing, man's body found near Lead

This one was about 4 months:
Body of missing Spearfish man found

Are SAR teams remembering to look upward? Children climb. Desperate children climb higher and hide in cracks and crevices of trees. Please take time to check upper areas of tree trunks and large limbs high up in the trees. Choppers and drones could miss important areas covered by the tree's canopy (if any), other large branches or limbs nearby the hiding spot, and of course, snow will also hide a person in a hole. What Serenity thought was going to be a few minutes of hiding in a tight spot up high, could have turned into a very long, dangerous wait she couldn't outlast. Suffocation due to an awkward, fetal-like position in a crevice, environmental elements (i.e., snow, ice, dangerous temps, etc.), and wildlife (e.g., spider or snake bite) are all threats she could have faced.

Dear God, please lead them to Serenity.

You’re right there’s some dispicable behavior there. But also 10’s of 1000s good-hearted bikers with a strong bikers code—. the guys who sponsor poker runs to help little kids with cancer or come from miles to line up by the hundreds and honor fallen heros.

If you don't mind I'm highlighting what I think is the most important part of your post! I hope people will stop with the unwarranted stereotypes often applied to various groups. In this case it's bikers but we've seen the same about a myriad other "groups" of folks (i.e., truckers, rappers, rockers, inkers, races/ethnicities, ages, genders, sexualities, etc. Etc. ETC.). "Doctors intentionally kill patients, lawyers, bankers, business folk rob us of millions, teachers injure and damage students, moms and dads kill babies, teens their parents, neighbors slay neighbors, hard-working men kill beautiful women entertaining them, women murder men for their personal gain when the opportunity presents itself, etc. My question to all is...which one are you or rather with which ones do you want to be grouped? There are "bad" people in all walks of life. Luckily, the good tend to outnumber the bad. Colorado303, thank you for pointing that out in your post!

Thank you for this Pommy. Very helpful to see the terrain and the methods of the searchers. Bless those volunteers for all their efforts. Unfortunately after seeing this I would not be surprised if they have missed her remains all this time. About 20 seconds into the video the man with the orange shirt trips over something but doesn't even bother to turn around and look down to see what it was. They are walking rather quickly. By now if Serenity is out there she is nothing but bones and grass would have grown up around her remains, obscuring them. Yet these searchers are walking quickly through knee high grass as if she would be obvious from a distance of 6-10 feet away. Her skull could look like a turtle shell pressed into the mud by weather conditions, but they are searching as if looking for a lost beach ball tossed into the grass after it grew. I'm more convinced now that they need to call in professional searchers such as Texas Equuasearch. Texas Equusearch volunteers are taught to crawl shoulder to shoulder looking carefully at the ground for any small piece of evidence or bones. Or in walking grid searches they may walk so that they are out-stretched arms lengths apart (so fingertips could touch the fingertips of the searcher next to them) and the entire line stops frequently for any small item found. After seeing the search effort I fear we may be waiting years for Serenity to be found on accident by mushroom hunters. MOO.

:(
Who needs to make the call to Texas Equusearch? I’m sure there may be a concern about funding and who would be responsible for the costs.

Who needs to make the call to Texas Equusearch? I’m sure there may be a concern about funding and who would be responsible for the costs.

The family of the missing person OR LE have to request them. If the family requests them, LE still has to approve of them searching. I do not think funding would be an issue. MOO.

If you don't mind I'm highlighting what I think is the most important part of your post! I hope people will stop with the unwarranted stereotypes often applied to various groups. In this case it's bikers but we've seen the same about a myriad other "groups" of folks (i.e., truckers, rappers, rockers, inkers, races/ethnicities, ages, genders, sexualities, etc. Etc. ETC.). "Doctors intentionally kill patients, lawyers, bankers, business folk rob us of millions, teachers injure and damage students, moms and dads kill babies, teens their parents, neighbors slay neighbors, hard-working men kill beautiful women entertaining them, women murder men for their personal gain when the opportunity presents itself, etc. My question to all is...which one are you or rather with which ones do you want to be grouped? There are "bad" people in all walks of life. Luckily, the good tend to outnumber the bad. Colorado303, thank you for pointing that out in your post!

Law enforcement preparations underway for the Sturgis Rally - KNBN NewsCenter1
Another growing crime is sex trafficking. VanDewater says that despite more public awareness around the issue in recent years, the number of cases continues to rise. “If anything, there seems to be an increase, not only with the rally, but all over the U.S. We work with our state partners to try and investigate all accusations or reports.

I have been to the Sturgis Rally on bike (and am not a biker babe). Despite having traveled many places, it remains one of my favorite trips in my lifetime, both the destination and the company I was with and the many people I met.

I also have a few friends and relatives that attend.

The majority of bikers at this rally are some of the best people one can ever meet and will help anyone. Most attend the rally for a day or two or a few hours here and there and then sightsee to Rushmore, the Black Hills, maybe see a concert in Rapid City, etc. They also bring and spend a ton of money in SD. Non-bikers also make tons of money selling merchandise at the rally/vendors and they come from all over and all walks of life.

I would also add that LE was in major attendance at the rally and it is extremely well policed.

Most I know would drop everything to search for Serenity Dennard or any missing child and in fact, many local groups have ridden and fund raise for things like breast cancer, missing children, veterans, against bullying, for individual sick or terminal children, and all sorts of causes that most of us also espouse.

I will add that before I attended, I was somewhat nervous as I had heard of all of the talk and stereotypes of what goes on there. I found it nothing like the hype at all and saw not one questionable incident. Most of what happens that is questionable is in just a few certain campgrounds, not at the rally and if something does, again, LE is everywhere.

Continuing to pray that Serenity is found, this child remains in my heart.

Jmo.

I have been to the Sturgis Rally on bike (and am not a biker babe). Despite having traveled many places, it remains one of my favorite trips in my lifetime, both the destination and the company I was with and the many people I met.

I also have a few friends and relatives that attend.

The majority of bikers at this rally are some of the best people one can ever meet and will help anyone. Most attend the rally for a day or two or a few hours here and there and then sightsee to Rushmore, the Black Hills, maybe see a concert in Rapid City, etc. They also bring and spend a ton of money in SD. Non-bikers also make tons of money selling merchandise at the rally/vendors and they come from all over and all walks of life.

I would also add that LE was in major attendance at the rally and it is extremely well policed.

Most I know would drop everything to search for Serenity Dennard or any missing child and in fact, many local groups have ridden and fund raise for things like breast cancer, missing children, veterans, against bullying, for individual sick or terminal children, and all sorts of causes that most of us also espouse.

I will add that before I attended, I was somewhat nervous as I had heard of all of the talk and stereotypes of what goes on there. I found it nothing like the hype at all and saw not one questionable incident. Most of what happens that is questionable is in just a few certain campgrounds, not at the rally and if something does, again, LE is everywhere.

Continuing to pray that Serenity is found, this child remains in my heart.

Jmo.

From last year

Sturgis Rally is largest attraction in the state for sex traffickers

I saw that. I also know the type of news about Sturgis that existed when I went out there. The Superbowl and such things also bring in sex trafficked victims. Do you consider the Superbowl attendees the same as Sturgis attendees?

I am simply saying certainly everyone attending such things cannot be sterotyped. This article is also talking about South Dakota, so this is the most well known event attraction in that state--one can consider it is the event it is best known for.

From your article: "Some of the vendors and tourists, however, are engaged in a much more nefarious tourist business"

I find "some" very vague and I think one could say that about most large events.

We can agree to disagree, I am just saying it is stereotyping a huge number of people where this article says "some" which again is pretty subjective.

Jmo.

Law enforcement preparations underway for the Sturgis Rally - KNBN NewsCenter1
Another growing crime is sex trafficking. VanDewater says that despite more public awareness around the issue in recent years, the number of cases continues to rise. “If anything, there seems to be an increase, not only with the rally, but all over the U.S. We work with our state partners to try and investigate all accusations or reports.

And it's probably the largest attraction in the state for plenty of things. So what's your point with the off-topic posts? Can we at least agree that there are good and bad that happens there?

How do the links you post relate to Serenity or searching for her?

Indeed sex trafficking is a serious crime affecting many children and youth.

On a cold February morning, Serenity solicited the help of other children to distract the caretakers of her children's home and ran off the premises. I believe this practice became a dangerous game to Serenity.

There is no evidence that she was trafficked or that it played a part in her disappearance. She was a troubled, vulnerable child with a history of hiding and running from her home.

I believe Serenity will one day be found in the woods near the Children's Home Society. I also believe weather played a major part in why she's not been recovered.

MOO

And it's probably the largest attraction in the state for plenty of things. So what's your point with the off-topic posts? Can we at least agree that there are good and bad that happens there?

How do the links you post relate to Serenity or searching for her?

I did not bring it up.

AUG 2, 2019
Search for Serenity scaled back during Sturgis Motorcycle Rally - KNBN NewsCenter1
[...]

“We’ve been trying to get out on the weekends and one day during the week and whether it be with dogs or foot teams,” said Willie Whelchel, Chief Deputy at the PCSO. “So not that we’re putting it on the back burner by no means, but there will probably be some changes for next week.”

Whelchel says they’re still looking to put together a ground team and will continue to work with dog teams in the next few weeks. Following the Rally, he says the searches will pick back up.

AUG 3, 2019
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
The Northern Hills Wolfpack searched for Serenity using their canines.
67874446_2537378886324187_5918935666598608896_n.jpg
67751298_2537378919657517_2692182481494343680_n.jpg

67768488_2537378969657512_8708680284431712256_n.jpg
67665013_2537378966324179_1358691004051357696_n.jpg

Hi everyone, I've read on serenitys disappearance a little but I've not had the time to go back through the threads so sorry if this has been discussed before, but is there no way serenity was abducted after she ran away? Is that not something le is even considering? Tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back