Search crew working to free man stuck in cave

God bless this man, his family and his children. What a shame.

sniperacer-- you are absolutely right. what a horrible choice this poor man made, and now so many will suffer because of it. aren't there better ways to indulge one's sense of adventure and curiosity that to do something so incredibly dangerous and careless..?? And with a pregnant wife and a baby... my god. and to answer your question, my understanding is they couldn't pull him out because he was at an angle and the bottom tip of his rib cage made it so he could squeeze through (his chest but not pelvis), but would catch on the rock when he was trying to pull back. think of the shape of the rib cage and it makes sense. what a horrible and senseless predicament to willingly put yourself in,, and a waste of a good human life. and for what.....???
it seems that the lure of the thrill trumps even the greatest intelligence in otherwise decent, upstanding, responsible individuals. think of all the mountain climbers who die from oxygen loss/freezing/avalanches because they are so addicted to it and cannot stop...... it just blows the mind. why....??? then it takes so many others risking their lives to rescue them... i just can't fathom it.

I think it is deeply respectful to close off the area if his body is going to be kept there. I cannot fault anyone who has a "daredevil" nature. I have one of those myself. Spelunking has risks, of course, but it is more dangerous to drive a car.

I always wanted to go to Nutty Putty and to go through that same tight area. Back in the day, I was smaller and could have fit without trouble. Now, I wouldn't even think about it. This is one of the few cases where I don't blame him or say it was a "bad choice" as so many people went through there. You just have to know that you are small enough. This cave is tamer than so many others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp
Back