Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of March- beginning of April, 2008.

The killer is scheduled to leave Mesa but can't break away. She and Travis fight on March 30. She'll write a goodbye note in HIS journal on April 1. He'll write in that same journal, on April 3, that he thinks she'd be better off if she left, and so would he. He also writes that he dreamt of Lisa, and says, " I miss her. I still love her." The killer will read this journal.

On April 7 Travis writes the most angry message to her yet, at least of those made public so far. He tells her that she's been caught inventing a BS lie about someone who knows something about Travis. He gives her a deadline to tell the truth and threatens to expose her as crazy to her family and everyone who matters to her if she doesn't .

In between came a text exchange between Travis and his BF Taylor, on March 31, a day after the fight and the day before she wrote in (and no doubt read) his journal.

Travis tells Taylor ---"lots of girls like me right now. who knows why. But Lisa isn't speaking to me and won't . And Mimi probably doesn't remember my name. "

Taylor tells Travis --so what do you really want? to "do what's right?" Or to be loved? Or to have a hottie? Or what?

Travis says - "all of the above. but that is hard to pull off all of that together (sic). I'm trying to avoid the player temptation. It numbs the loneliness, but it only prolongs its return, and of course at the end of the day you're another day older."

Taylor tells him --"find what you want or die trying. You just better be right about what you want. "

Travis says - "yeah I don't know that part. All I know is I need to resist the player part as easy and as fun as it is. Thanks for letting me vent."

Taylor asks Travis --could you be happy and have everything you want in life with Lisa? If so , why spit in the face of Providence? If not, prepare and wait for Providence to deliver.

Travis replies- " yeah. I think I could."

Taylor says- make decisions. Fulfill them.

End of text (IMO, one of the saddest things by him that I've read, . that loneliness he felt, Taylor's words that he couldn't know would be prophetic).

Have not been on this site for months and I was looking at the pictures of Travis in the shower again.

It is so hard to believe it took only 2 minutes for this monster to torture and murder Travis. I hope she rots in jail.

On April 7 Travis writes the most angry message to her yet, at least of those made public so far. He tells her that she's been caught inventing a BS lie about someone who knows something about Travis. He gives her a deadline to tell the truth and threatens to expose her as crazy to her family and everyone who matters to her if she doesn't .
This is probably the change in his behavior that ultimately lead to her decision to kill him. She's creating havoc in his life and he's at a loss as to how to deal with it. He's done putting up with it, and he's now prepared to show her for what she is, and Travis knows who she is better than anyone else. He's now a threat to her. All of her manipulations of Travis, which came at the cost of showing him who she really is, are about to backfire on her.

This is probably the first time in her life she's been called to account for her behavior, and she's not about to put up with it.

This is probably the change in his behavior that ultimately lead to her decision to kill him. She's creating havoc in his life and he's at a loss as to how to deal with it. He's done putting up with it, and he's now prepared to show her for what she is, and Travis knows who she is better than anyone else. He's now a threat to her. All of her manipulations of Travis, which came at the cost of showing him who she really is, are about to backfire on her.

Have you read in the thread- "T's journals and texts"? Lots of discussion about April 7 being the beginning of the end.

I've always believed that his threat to expose her (which he would never have done, IMO) set her down a path that was originally about revenge, or getting enough "dirt" on him that he wouldnt dare expose her. That IMO is why she was so intent on getting the Helio ASAP, and what she spent May doing....setting him up.

I'd be happy to look up and post (paraphrased) texts from specific dates anyone is interested in. Let me know.

Otherwise I'll only be posting about texts that directly relate to the central events and questions of April- June, when BK publishes those months' texts.

Have you read in the thread- "T's journals and texts"? Lots of discussion about April 7 being the beginning of the end.

I've always believed that his threat to expose her (which he would never have done, IMO) set her down a path that was originally about revenge, or getting enough "dirt" on him that he wouldnt dare expose her. That IMO is why she was so intent on getting the Helio ASAP, and what she spent May doing....setting him up.

No I haven't read it, but it makes perfect sense. Instead of taking responsibility, she tries to turn it right back around on him. Instead of backing down, she tries to make him more wrong than her, to get superior ammunition in order to put him in his place.

No I haven't read it, but it makes perfect sense. Instead of taking responsibility, she tries to turn it right back around on him. Instead of backing down, she tries to make him more wrong than her, to get superior ammunition in order to put him in his place.

Yep. I think that was satisfying enough for her until May 26. The more I'm reading of their text exchanges the more I'm beginning to think there isn't a missing piece about what triggered his rage and decided her to murder.

I think she completely miscalculated how far she could push him that day and completely underestimated how great was his unexpressed rage towards her (and himself) for sabotaging his relationships- he felt his time to marry was up, and he was at square 1.

The intensity of his scorn and bitterness towards her, and his utter rejection of every thing about her was, IMO, enough to push her that little bit more over the edge.

His threat to expose her, from his point of view, was probably a desperate effort on his part to force her to look honestly at her behavior, to offer her insight and perspective, and in the best case scenario, redemption. In that case he probably would have been right there to help her, with forgiveness and compassion.

But there was no redemption for her, and that kind of insight into her own behavior was less than useless to her.

His threat to expose her, from his point of view, was probably a desperate effort on his part to force her to look honestly at her behavior, to offer her insight and perspective, and in the best case scenario, redemption. In that case he probably would have been right there to help her, with forgiveness and compassion.

But there was no redemption for her, and that kind of insight into her own behavior was less than useless to her.

How spot on. Do re-read the entire May 26 texts. That is exactly what he says to her, repeatedly- I can handle everything else you say and do to me, but I need you TO TELL THE TRUTH. For my sake- I can't handle the lies anymore, AND for your own.

Adding, about her pushing him too far. A poster way upstream (sorry, forget who) offered brilliant insight into how Travis, battered as a child, was afraid of his own anger and how deeply he'd repressed it as an adult.

I'm very sure that the killer was acutely aware of this vulnerability and used it against him to control him. She regularly would turn a (legitimate) complaint by him into an opportunity to accuse him of hurting her with his anger.

He ALWAYS succumbed to that manipulation. I really think he believed, up til April at least, what he said about her being the "better person" and I think that is because he actually believed her better because she kept "enduring" his anger and yet never stopped "caring" about him or thinking the best of him.

Is this a joke?

I googled and see it is over 300 pages and listed as Part 1 of 3. You can't find it by googling the book title, you have to google "Kirk Nurmi book".

I checked to see if it will be at my library. It will not. But I did see that Juan's book has been preorderd and I'm number 1 on the waiting list :juanettes:

ETA: doing too many things at once. You can find the book by going to Nurmi's twitter account - there is a link there.

OMG. Its real. He's obviously rushing to publish his crap before JM 's book comes out.

I bet she's furious, and that still isn't enough to overcome my revulsion towards Nurmi's soulless opportunism.

OMG. Its real. He's obviously rushing to publish his crap before JM 's book comes out.

I bet she's furious, and that still isn't enough to overcome my revulsion towards Nurmi's soulless opportunism.

Dare I dream that this a real tell all that shows us just how whackadoo JA is? Or is it going to be some boo hoo story telling us how JA really feeeeelllllllsssssss.

OMG- is AZ Lawyer around? What can he legally write about? I DO want to read it. He hated her- we know he did. Wow, I honestly never saw this one coming!

Dare I dream that this a real tell all that shows us just how whackadoo JA is? Or is it going to be some boo hoo story telling us how JA really feeeeelllllllsssssss.

He is still bound by atty-client privilege and always be. He can't write about anything other than how she made HIM feeeeel, and the idea of reading about how that feels, even if it were free, nauseates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2