Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true! Many criminals have massive egos, and that can lead them to have a sense of invincibility or a feeling that they can "outsmart" LE.

So, who knows? I just have a difficult time thinking he planned it, if he did indeed plan it, while simultaneously overlooking a major factor. It would be easier for me to see him accidentally leave a print, or some minor piece of evidence, while in a rush than to overlook something as huge as the timeline.
AFAIK (As far as I know) it has never been determined that murderers are necessarily smart or good planners. Actually pretty much the opposite. If one was smart they would realize murdering someone is not the answer, if they were good planners, none of them would get caught. Pretty simplistic actually.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Maybe he was aware of the TOD angle, but felt rushed to "pull it off" by committing the crime, leaving, and then start making the calls to prove he was not home?

I once read somewhere that turning up the thermostat in the home could distort the calculation for TOD, if temperature was the means in which it was being performed. I'm not sure exactly how hot it would have to be to accomplish this, but maybe blankets and a reasonably warm temperature in the home could do so as well?
If I really correctly heat would speed up the processes while cold would delay them.

Well, no matter what, the second and third death would certainly be pre-meditated no two ways about it. They might argue the first successfully but the second and third are absolute. No way someone could accidentally stangle three people in succession. IMO

Was SO hoping for an arrest today.... :prayer: :prayer: reports of possible unmarked LE in the neighborhood is somewhat encouraging. In response to above, this is a positively chilling thought but I was wondering whether the boys could even have actually been killed simply to make SC's death look more random or part of a stranger crime...? But if CC's responsible, the end result is the same and God help him either way.

Btw I too have begun questioning whether CC had not already been notified and told he should resign by JMM in advance of the murders which may have been the same reason for, or more likely acted as the catalyst for, the murders.

:parrot:

can't think of a crime in recent memory where the perp actually took the time to write something on the wall (except going way back to the Manson murders). It's very unusual.

**************************category/christopher-coleman/

BREAKING NEWS

Columbia, Ill– Police Sources inside the Investigation of the murders of Sheri Coleman and her two sons, Garrett and Gavin Coleman, have confirmed to ***************** that the arrest of the husband and father of the deceased, Christopher Coleman, is imminent.......

Following the earlier disbanding of the Major Crimes Division while the Columbia police awaited forensics based on the advice of the District Attorney, Major Connor is back at the Columbia Police Headquarters this afternoon rumored to be preparting for an impromptu press conference, announcing Coleman’s arrest. There are already news trucks parked outside the Columbia PD although no announcement has been made.

Check back to ***************** for updates to this developing story.

I wasn't referring to LE. I ment the family. If he is staying with them I would think they wouldn't take their eyes off of him at any time.

I know if he was my relative and was in my home I would keep both eyes on him at all times.Who knows if he takes him self out, he could try to take others with him.JMO

BREAKING NEWS

Columbia, Ill– Police Sources inside the Investigation of the murders of Sheri Coleman and her two sons, Garrett and Gavin Coleman, have confirmed to ***************** that the arrest of the husband and father of the deceased, Christopher Coleman, is imminent.......

Following the earlier disbanding of the Major Crimes Division while the Columbia police awaited forensics based on the advice of the District Attorney, Major Connor is back at the Columbia Police Headquarters this afternoon rumored to be preparting for an impromptu press conference, announcing Coleman’s arrest. There are already news trucks parked outside the Columbia PD although no announcement has been made.

I cannot open link!

anybody checking Fox News to see if presser is going to be on? Nothing on their website.

I can't open the link either....

anybody checking Fox News to see if presser is going to be on? Nothing on their website.

There is nothing on any of the local channels... flip... flip... flip... still nothing. Fox & KMOV have covered this the best & will do online streaming FWIW.

BREAKING NEWS

FYI... The link is not going to work because that website isn't allowed to be posted here.

ETA: Also noted that the article was posted at 2:49 p.m. today. If it was going to happen, i would think it would have already.

Lillyfrog, where did you see this breaking news? I can't find it anywhere.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=Evidence+Connects+Chris+Coleman+to+Murder+Scene&btnG=Google+Search"]Evidence Connects Chris Coleman to Murder Scene - Google Search[/ame]

AFAIK (As far as I know) it has never been determined that murderers are necessarily smart or good planners. Actually pretty much the opposite. If one was smart they would realize murdering someone is not the answer, if they were good planners, none of them would get caught. Pretty simplistic actually.

I don't remember who said it, but it came from a profiler or crimewriter or something. They said murderers can plan a murder well because they are so focused on the act, and don't give much thought as to what to do after. That's where they make their mistakes and that's what trips them up.

I don't remember who said it, but it came from a profiler or crimewriter or something. They said murderers can plan a murder well because they are so focused on the act, and don't give much thought as to what to do after. That's where they make their mistakes and that's what trips them up.

I think it was Dale Hindman?might not be correct spelling.

Can't the term iminent mean 4-8 weeks? If so that is the implied message of MCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval