Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere - will look if anyone is interested - that death by strangulation pretty much always results in a finding of premeditation because of all the time available when the perp knows what they are doing and has time to stop and let the victim go with little or no permanent injury. To continue all the way through means the perp considered the outcome and kept going anyway.

So that being said....All three being strangled, victim 2 and 3 would for sure be premeditated. as he seen what he did to the 1st victim and continued.

Just Posted on the Post Dispatch website:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...B49D90FBACDDDD47862575BD006263C8?OpenDocument

Sheri's family to file "wrongful death" lawsuit

I hope they are doing that to prevent CC from using the equity in the house to pay for his defense. If they were following Dave Ramsey's plan then it is possible that the house was mortgage free, or that there is a lot of equity in the house. I also recall someone on NG saying they have very little debt. SC's family just wants to make sure he doesn't profit from her death. I can't say I blame them.

My mom has a house in Springfield, IL and we can't get local STL stations there on direcTV. Don't know about the Post, don't think I ever looked for it. I wouldn't want it moved to Chicago, too liberal to go for DP.

How is he paying for these lawyers? I doubt he was making that much money to pay A & B's crazy fees. Must be coming from the Church? Or who knows... interesting mom & dad didn't go to court yesterday.

Hmm, the last time I stayed in a hotel there (last fall) we got KSDK and I thought KMOV - I just can't recall what type of tv the hotel had. That is why I wrote that.

I read somewhere - will look if anyone is interested - that death by strangulation pretty much always results in a finding of premeditation because of all the time available when the perp knows what they are doing and has time to stop and let the victim go with little or no permanent injury. To continue all the way through means the perp considered the outcome and kept going anyway.
Yup. Like NG always says..."It only takes 2 seconds to make it premeditated." And in this case there are 3 victims. He did not stop until they were all dead. :( He had plenty of time in between to change his course of action when methodically going from one room to the other. He made a rational choice which blows an Insanity Defense, too.

Don't hold your breath about a "speedy" trial taking place in this case! With the defense already coming out about a change of venue and the way this is shaping up, I would expect them to waive the speedy trial and drag this out as long as possible. It could be a year or even more depending on how many stupid motions they file on his behalf. They could opt to move this as far down the road as possible to let public outrage die down a bit. Ugh!

Yeah, I know. Just some wishful thinking that his narcissistic side will get the better of him and he'll think he can beat the charges, fire A & B with all their ducttape defense and then find a Jose wannabe to take over.

Oh well... on that note, I gotta run... carpool time!!! :yuck:

Hmm, the last time I stayed in a hotel there (last fall) we got KSDK and I thought KMOV - I just can't recall what type of tv the hotel had. That is why I wrote that.

You know they could have in the hotels if they do pay for the expanded region. My moms too cheap for that, lol!

At first I thought it was a rage killing, but the more I read here and everywhere else it had to have been premeditated. So thanks all for helping me clear that up in my mind...:blowkiss:

I have something, however, that is bugging me. Maybe someone knows the answer???

If CC is not talking to LE how did they find out about the girlfriend?? He seems to have been leading a double life. I doubt if he had told any friends at work and Sheri's family didn't know anything. :waitasec:

Also, I wonder just how much the girlfriend knew about his plans to murder the family? I remember someone asked, on NG last night, if there might be anyone else charged. The Major didn't say yes or no. He simply said "Not at this time, but things could change....":waitasec:

Maybe they could move the case to the Chicago area so her family won't have a problem attending to stare him down the entire trial. It would almost be worth the cost and the trouble created by a change of venue.

They could trade Drew P. for Chris C. and hold it there! LOL

OT: Blue barrel found with badly decomposed remains on the river near Channahon. I am praying they found either Stacy or Lisa. (sigh)

At first I thought it was a rage killing, but the more I read here and everywhere else it had to have been premeditated. So thanks all for helping me clear that up in my mind...:blowkiss:

I have something, however, that is bugging me. Maybe someone knows the answer???

If CC is not talking to LE how did they find out about the girlfriend?? He seems to have been leading a double life. I doubt if he had told any friends at work and Sheri's family didn't know anything. :waitasec:

Also, I wonder just how much the girlfriend knew about his plans to murder the family? I remember someone asked, on NG last night, if there might be anyone else charged. The Major didn't say yes or no. He simply said "Not at this time, but things could change....":waitasec:

FWIW, I read it was Sheri's friends that told LE about the g/f....now, in light of that (if true), it might seem that if Sheri's friends knew then she would...however, I can personally attest that friends can know about spouse's infidelity but won't tell the other spouse because they "don't want them to get hurt".

Just a thought tossed out there.

It is rumored he confided in two co-workers about the affair prior to the murders. I don't think we know exactly how Miss Motive came to the attention of LE or the media, but I think it is a safe bet it was through his cell phone and computer records.

I have a feeling people that knew of them as a couple (him and the gf) may have contacted LE right away once word about these murders came out. Or the gf could have come forward herself, knowing they would eventually find out about her...ala Amber Frye. I think there are a bunch of people who knew about this affair.

Maybe they could move the case to the Chicago area so her family won't have a problem attending to stare him down the entire trial. It would almost be worth the cost and the trouble created by a change of venue.

They could trade Drew P. for Chris C. and hold it there! LOL

OT: Blue barrel found with badly decomposed remains on the river near Channahon. I am praying they found either Stacy or Lisa. (sigh)

Oh, carp. When I read about it early I didn't see mention of blue barrel. In that case, I believe it would be Stacy.

O/t
A badly decomposed human body discovered Wednesday by a cleaning crew on the shores of the Des Plaines River prompted speculation that the find could be connected to one of the Chicago area's high-profile missing women cases, and sparked hope for families looking for closure.
Illinois State Police Sgt. Tom Burek would not speculate about whether the remains belong to Stacy Peterson — the fourth wife of recently jailed ex-police sergeant Drew Peterson — or Lisa Stebic. Since the two missing Will County, Ill., women disappeared in 2007, their cases have garnered national attention.
Police divers were searching the river in Will County as investigators in a helicopter and crews on the ground pursued clues near where the body was found.

FWIW, I read it was Sheri's friends that told LE about the g/f....now, in light of that (if true), it might seem that if Sheri's friends knew then she would...however, I can personally attest that friends can know about spouse's infidelity but won't tell the other spouse because they "don't want them to get hurt".

Just a thought tossed out there.

Hmmmmmn...I wasn't aware of that. I understand where you're coming from regarding cheating spouses...LOL. Been there too, unfortunately:)

As far as the house, I think he could sell it (even if he has lawsuits against him) because the house was (conveniently) put in his name only just awhile ago. I don't think her family could stop him. Or his attorneys could maybe have the house put up as collateral against his defense bills.

I don't have a problem with experts getting paid, just don't like it when they lie, which I feel he did. JMO[/QUOTE

Do you think Baden will err .. umm .. "overstate" in this case?

If Baden has any professional intergrity (which has been shown he has), he will state the facts as are known regarding autopsy forensics. If facts are out there, how can he "overstate" the case??? He can only share what the science/tests are given.

Do you think Baden could "lie", in essence, to make a case??? Curious....

Hmmmmmn...I wasn't aware of that. I understand where you're coming from regarding cheating spouses...LOL. Been there too, unfortunately:)

Geeeze, me too :furious: When it finally came out it seemed that most everyone knew before I did. . . I had my suspicions, but he told me I was "crazy" - sound familiar? Usually guys want to have their cake and eat it too - that's why this case is so hideous and painful to observe. It seems like Sheri must have threatened to expose CC's lies to the world. She could never have imagined how evil he really is - no one ever wants to think that of someone they love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member