Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
How many psychiatrists and pychologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
One, but the bulb has to want to change.

I really don't care, but doubt it would do much good at this point. Imo, the money would be better spent on counceling for her victims, and they could line up around the block- her family, her friends, hapless people who just crossed paths and somehow got sucked in to the KC vortex.

george's sister is bipolar (or so he says) and he commented that some of it might be in casey (not his actual words), i believe kiomarie made a statement to the effect of casey possibly being bipolar also. for my part i am disgusted by this assertion being made. i'm sick of seeing bipolars on CSI and criminal minds being portrayed as psychopathic. if a bipolar were in any way responsible for the death of their child they would, imo, kill themselves. they're among the most sensitive, emotional and loving people i've ever known.
there's no way in hell she's bipolar. she's like the antibipolar.

I agree, my brother was bipolar. Even when manic or depressed he had a soul and a big heart and would hurt no one, but just couldn't help how the disease affected him and made him do things he would have never done if he wasn't sick.

Yes I think she should receive counseling so that the counselor (if its a good one) can help her to open up and talk about what has happened and to face it.
It certainly can not hurt, and it can only help the rest of us to understand what on earth happened perhaps

How many psychiatrists and pychologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
One, but the bulb has to want to change.

I really don't care, but doubt it would do much good at this point. Imo, the money would be better spent on counceling for her victims, and they could line up around the block- her family, her friends, hapless people who just crossed paths and somehow got sucked in to the KC vortex.

Add me to the list. I need therapy to be able to walk past the laptop just one time without logging onto WS.

Add me to the list. I need therapy to be able to walk past the laptop just one time without logging onto WS.

you get up and let go of the computer during the day? you're my new hero!

Hopefully she'll be locked up for life at least, so counseling will be irrelevant. Save it for another inmate for didn't kill her child and has a shot at life left..

I didn't read everyone's answers, but........... I really don't think it would help. Nothing will change her.

I voted yes. Don't get me wrong, I very much dislike her and think that she is guilty. Maybe it is in hopes that therapy could make her feelings/rational "normal", at least normal in the sense that she realizes what she has done. Maybe if she had received the help/counseling that, imo, she obviously needed as a young woman, this would not have happened. Again, this is my personal opinion. I'm not trying to place blame on her parents for not seeing she needed help. I have not walked in her/thier shoes, lived at their house, etc. Maybe she pulled the wool over everyones eyes and appeared completely normal.

I still consider her mental. Here's an interesting read on antisocial personality disorder, sociopathy and psychopathy. Boy, Casey certainly fits a lot of those characteristics.

I'm confused. . . the very first lines of your referenced "read" state: People who cannot contain their urges to harm (or kill) people repeatedly for no apparent reason are assumed to suffer from some mental illness. However, they may be more cruel than crazy, they may be choosing not to control their urges, they know right from wrong, they know exactly what they're doing, and they are definitely NOT insane. So why do you still consider her mental? See bold/underlined by me.

No amount of counseling will help her or anyone else with antisocial personality disorder. It would be entertainment to her. I lived with a guy with this (and other) disorders for 5 years. I finally pursuaded him to go for testing and he went because he firmly didn't think anything was wrong with him - should have seen his face when he was told! No amount of talking, trying to understand, stating the truth, shoving the truth in their face, absolutely nothing makes them tell the truth or change their ways. NOTHING.

Now, a better idea might be to study her to learn more about this disorder.

I would suggest anyone with a very young child, or will have one, learn as much as possible about these disorders because it appears that the first 3+ months of a childs life (how they are interacted with) can have very lasting effects. From what I've read, some genetics might be involved but there are alot of seemingly simple things (like eye contact & expressions, generally "connecting" with a child) that help shape us when we are this tiny. Just my opinions from my own experiences and efforts to understand someone like this. I wanted more than anything to find a way to make it work, finally gave up after too much emotional and finally physical abuse.

you get up and let go of the computer during the day? you're my new hero!

No. When I wake up I have to walk past the laptop and then it happens.
I log in and I'm stuck for the day! Seriously, I need therapy and that'll come in the form of KC being convicted.

If your a "The Sopranos" fan... you should know that a psychiatrist may enable a criminal.

So it would be a loss to aid her because it wouldnt help her.

I don't think she needs counseling-I think she needs an EXCORCIST:burn:

no. When i wake up i have to walk past the laptop and then it happens.
I log in and i'm stuck for the day! Seriously, i need therapy and that'll come in the form of kc being convicted.

you sleep without your computer???????? <3

I feel sorry for Casey because she had a beautiful child that she never got to see grow up. Well, I guess I don't feel sorry for her really. I just pity her. She could have had a wonderful life, but she messed that up.

If it is going to cost tax payer $$ then I do not want her to have it. It will not do her any good anyway because she thinks she is perfect and everyone else needs the help.

I feel sorry for Casey because she had a beautiful child that she never got to see grow up.

I feel sorry for the world that will never know what contributions Caylee could have made to it.:confused:

I'm confused. . . the very first lines of your referenced "read" state: People who cannot contain their urges to harm (or kill) people repeatedly for no apparent reason are assumed to suffer from some mental illness. However, they may be more cruel than crazy, they may be choosing not to control their urges, they know right from wrong, they know exactly what they're doing, and they are definitely NOT insane. So why do you still consider her mental? See bold/underlined by me.

No amount of counseling will help her or anyone else with antisocial personality disorder. It would be entertainment to her. I lived with a guy with this (and other) disorders for 5 years. I finally pursuaded him to go for testing and he went because he firmly didn't think anything was wrong with him - should have seen his face when he was told! No amount of talking, trying to understand, stating the truth, shoving the truth in their face, absolutely nothing makes them tell the truth or change their ways. NOTHING.

Now, a better idea might be to study her to learn more about this disorder.

I would suggest anyone with a very young child, or will have one, learn as much as possible about these disorders because it appears that the first 3+ months of a childs life (how they are interacted with) can have very lasting effects. From what I've read, some genetics might be involved but there are alot of seemingly simple things (like eye contact & expressions, generally "connecting" with a child) that help shape us when we are this tiny. Just my opinions from my own experiences and efforts to understand someone like this. I wanted more than anything to find a way to make it work, finally gave up after too much emotional and finally physical abuse.

My response to the part I bolded...

The years you invested shows just how good and manipulative people with this kind of problem can be.

Unless you have been involved with someone with the problem I think it is very hard for normal people to understand how little sociopaths feel for anyone outside of themselves.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back