Should Darlie have a new trial?

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
OK. Now, I have been accused of being hostile etc. which I haven't been. I have posted that I'm looking at the trial and justice process. That's all. I am not questioning Darlie Routier's guilt or innocence.

I sincerely hope that the right person is in jail, and hate the thought that there could be a child killer still at loose.

However, by virtue of your statement, and I have seen your name on many different boards (accepted that it could be someone impersonating you), you have said that "Prosecutors never bring all the evidence to trial".

That is the very issue I am looking at, and it should concern everyone.

What evidence wasn't brought to trial?

I've not accused you of being hostile..just the opposite. Do you consider my post hostile? It's you Sheilas who are hostile with each other.

Who knows what evidence wasn't brought to trial..that's something the DA would keep close to his vest I think, I live in Canada so our system is a bit different from the US. We don't have a DP. And I think Jeana already it explained it to you on this thread in an earlier post.

Yes, it's me you've seen on many different boards. Darlie and Ice pick baby killer Jeffrey MacDonald boards...I post on those two cases...well not on MacDonald that much anymore actually.

There were 54 pages in the transcript that needed to be reconstructed. These were done by a new reporter who was not present at the trial. She used stenographic material and audio tapes. Audio tapes were illegal, but still used.

Do not care about guilt or innocence as due process has not been followed.

Can you provide documentation that proves that audio tapes used by a court reporter are illegal? Never heard of that. I see court clerks using audio equipment all the time.

OK. I take your point. It is still easier to get the DP if you prosecute someone that meets the criteria, rather than going through double/separate trials.

And why not ask for the dp in this case? The murder of two tiny boys unable to defend themselves, by their own mother, the DP is the correct punishment here. Is there anything more innocent that a sleeping child?

Damon tried to get away and she stabbed him again to make sure he'd die.

What an evil cow.

I am not a proponent of the DP but in this case I'd cheerfully push the plunger.

I saw this detective on TV. HE said he knew it was an inside job within in minutes....OK, maybe within an hour, 60 minutes, of arriving at the house.

You're talking about Cron, he said within 30 minutes of his walkthrough of the house and the outside he knew there was no intruder. With 30 years experience analysing crime scenes, I think he knew what he was talking about.

And why not ask for the dp in this case? The murder of two tiny boys unable to defend themselves, by their own mother, the DP is the correct punishment here. Is there anything more innocent that a sleeping child?

Damon tried to get away and she stabbed him again to make sure he'd die.

What an evil cow.

I am not a proponent of the DP but in this case I'd cheerfully push the plunger.

Even if they tried her for both of the boys' murders at the same trial, she would still have been eligible for, and still have received, the death penalty. You can slice it and dice it anyway you'd like, but she would still be in the same place.

You're talking about Cron, he said within 30 minutes of his walkthrough of the house and the outside he knew there was no intruder. With 30 years experience analysing crime scenes, I think he knew what he was talking about.

He also said that even though he had his suspicions very shortly after arriving, they still conducted DUAL investigations - one looking for intruder(s) and one involving those individuals in the home.

Simply because there is something on the internet, that doesn't make it true.

Agree. However, another two have been reprieved, for the same reason, in the last two days.

You know it's true, and the word moratorium is spreading, with respect to the DP.

That does not mean people are not being convicted and given the DP; and they are still hearing appeals.

To me, it implies there will be a big list of inmates in line, ready to receive their sentence. Guess that depends on how SCOTUS rules on the Kentucky issue.

There were 54 pages in the transcript that needed to be reconstructed. These were done by a new reporter who was not present at the trial. She used stenographic material and audio tapes. Audio tapes were illegal, but still used.QUOTE]

Good grief, audio tapes are not illegal! They're commonly used as back-up for court reporters.

There were 54 pages in the transcript that needed to be reconstructed. These were done by a new reporter who was not present at the trial. She used stenographic material and audio tapes. Audio tapes were illegal, but still used.QUOTE]

Good grief, audio tapes are not illegal! They're commonly used as back-up for court reporters.

Correct, they may be used as backup to stenographic notes. Fine, just to clear a point here or there.

They (in 1997) could not be used to REPLACE missing pages. The audio was for a missing word or phrase, and that is legal. It was not legal for 54 non-sensical pages. For obvious reasons an audiotape can be 'doctored', and can only be used minimally. What could people do with audiotapes that contain 54 pages of testimony?

Slightly off-topic, but there is a really interesting article about how Dallas, maintains its' court reporters' records. Not related to this case, but there is a real problem. I'll post the link.

Actually Darin was the first suspect.

That's true, Cami. Even Darlie Kee acknowledges, in the Women on Death Row program, that the police initially suspected Darin.

Darlie Kee's exact words: "They absolutely did not think it was Darlie; they thought it was Darin, because he was kept away from us and he wasn't injured."

I wish I had a nickel for every time, over the last nine years, supporters have sworn up and down that the police never even looked at Darin. I would be rolling in the dough, and they would - or at least, should - have to admit one of two things:

1. They were wrong or
2. Darlie Kee is lying

It's called a "lose-lose, between a rock and a hard place" situation:croc:

Agree. However, another two have been reprieved, for the same reason, in the last two days.

You know it's true, and the word moratorium is spreading, with respect to the DP.

That does not mean people are not being convicted and given the DP; and they are still hearing appeals.

To me, it implies there will be a big list of inmates in line, ready to receive their sentence. Guess that depends on how SCOTUS rules on the Kentucky issue.

Please don't tell me what I know is true. I have no reason to lie about anything, but especially about something that can be checked out simply by a click of the mouse. Unfortunately, Texas isn't planning on executing anyone until February, so we'll have to wait and see whether they carry it out or not and, if not, why.

And, while I hate having to correct you once again, one county in Texas IS NOT seeking the death penalty until they have a closer look at the system in their county, so you have it completely backward.

They (in 1997) could not be used to REPLACE missing pages.

There were no missing pages in the transcript, rocking.

The audio was for a missing word or phrase, and that is legal. It was not legal for 54 non-sensical pages.

Much ado about nothing. The first 54 pages of Volume 10 contained no witness testimony. It’s simply a record of pre-trial formalities, such as reading the indictment, Darlie’s plea of not guilty, the judge’s explanation of presumption of innocence, reasonable doubt, etc. Pretty routine stuff. I’d like to know what you found to be non-sensical in those pages, because I’ve read them several times & they make sense to me. (For anyone who’s interested, we’re referring to Volume 10 of the trial transcript, available on Darlie’s website).

The Court has ruled on this matter: “The Court finds that the pages flowed smoothly, there did not appear to be gaps or lapses, and the steno notes appeared to cover everything in that portion of the record…Simmons believes the record is an accurate reconstruction of the steno notes.” Not to mention that there were 27 hearings on the accuracy of the record, and Darlie's appeal lawyers didn't dispute a single thing that was reported in the steno notes.

For obvious reasons an audiotape can be 'doctored', and can only be used minimally. What could people do with audiotapes that contain 54 pages of testimony?

Well, I suppose they could use them as toilet paper, but those 54 pages didn't come from audiotapes. They came from the court reporter's records. The prosecutors, as well as Darlie's original defense attorneys (Doug Parks and Wayne Huff) confirmed in affidavits that the record accurately reflects what happened in the courtroom that day.

Yes, Darlie Routier should have a new trial. I strongly believe there was an intruder(s) and that it was a revenge attack - possibly drug-related.

Yes, Darlie Routier should have a new trial. I strongly believe there was an intruder(s) and that it was a revenge attack - possibly drug-related.

Revenge for what??? Drug related? The Routiers were not drug dealers and have you even read the transcripts?

Revenge! Two little boys? What did they do to bring a revenge killing down on them?

I am new to this site, but have lurked for months- This case has fascinated me by all documented accounts from initial reporting through Darli's appellate process-
Am I the only person thats says somebody feed Darli info that Darrin is seeing a hot blonde while she's in the klink and watch her sing like a bird?
I feel that is the only way anyone will ever know what is actual- until then, neither one will confess as they both have something to lose.

I am new to this site, but have lurked for months- This case has fascinated me by all documented accounts from initial reporting through Darli's appellate process-
Am I the only person thats says somebody feed Darli info that Darrin is seeing a hot blonde while she's in the klink and watch her sing like a bird?
I feel that is the only way anyone will ever know what is actual- until then, neither one will confess as they both have something to lose.

I would love to see her reaction to that:crazy: ..

I would love to see her reaction to that:crazy: ..
If I were LE I would send her anonymously pics of a hot blonde coming out of his house, CGI his pic and the blondes on vacation, etc. I swear you could probably set your watch to the call to the DA's office seeking a deal

If I were LE I would send her anonymously pics of a hot blonde coming out of his house, CGI his pic and the blondes on vacation, etc. I swear you could probably set your watch to the call to the DA's office seeking a deal

I believe that there is nothing for Darlie to seek a deal with. I believe that Darrin was only involved in the cover-up of the crime. Darlie knows that Darin is dating other women. She can't squeal on herself....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back