SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse Day Ever
There was this guy at a bar, just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half of an hour.

Then, this big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down. The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, "Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I'll buy you another drink. I just can't stand to see a man cry."

"No, it's not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I go late to my office. My boss, outrageous, fires me. When I leave the building, to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police said that they can't do nothing for me. I get a cab to return home, and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there so the cab driver just drives away."

"I go home, and when I get there, I find my wife in bed with the gardener. I leave home, and come to this bar. And just when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drank my poison."

Daisy
You hanging in here.
maybe you should get some sleep?
A funny for you:
Fix This

A newlywed couple moves into their new house. One day the husband comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, you know, in the upstairs bathroom one of the pipes is leaking, could you fix it?" The husband says, "What do I look like, Mr. Plumber?" A few days go by, and he comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, the car won't start. I think it needs a new battery. Could you change it for me?" He says: "What do I look like, Mr. Goodwrench?" Another few days go by, and it's raining pretty hard. The wife finds a leak in the roof. She says, "Honey, there's a leak on the roof! Can you please fix it?" He says, "What do I look like, Bob Vila?" The next day the husband comes home, and the roof is fixed. So is the plumbing. So is the car. He asks his wife what happened. "Oh, I had a handyman come in and fix them," she says. "Great! How much is that going to cost me?" he snarls. Wife says: "Nothing. He said he'd do it for free if I either baked him a cake or slept with him." "Uh, well, what kind of cake did you make?" asks the husband. "What do I look like," she says, "Betty Crocker?"

Love it, sis!

Shower and kitchen tidied all done. :)

Hey, Goddess- 1 more for you:
New Born Babies

Three men were at a hospital waiting for their babies to be born. The nurse comes in and tells the first man, "Congratulations, you just had twins!". He said, "That's wild because I work for Twin Gates Electric Company". Another nurse comes in and tells the second man, "Congratulations, you just had triplets!". He said, "Man, that's uncanny because I work for 3M company." Upon hearing all this, the third man gets up from his chair and starts toward the door. The nurse says, "Wait sir, your wife has not had her baby yet. Where are you going?". The man replied, "He** lady, I'm leaving while I can....I work for 7Up!!".

Hey, Goddess- 1 more for you:
New Born Babies

Three men were at a hospital waiting for their babies to be born. The nurse comes in and tells the first man, "Congratulations, you just had twins!". He said, "That's wild because I work for Twin Gates Electric Company". Another nurse comes in and tells the second man, "Congratulations, you just had triplets!". He said, "Man, that's uncanny because I work for 3M company." Upon hearing all this, the third man gets up from his chair and starts toward the door. The nurse says, "Wait sir, your wife has not had her baby yet. Where are you going?". The man replied, "He** lady, I'm leaving while I can....I work for 7Up!!".

That reminds me of the I love Lucy episode when Little Ricky was born and the man in the waiting room had a bunch of daughters at home, he thought he finally got a son and it was girl triplets or something! Lucille Ball such an amazing rare talent. My grandma (now in heaven) was just like her. Really silly with the funny faces

I know how it feels to be sad. Believe me! But looking back on those years I wish I had been kinder to myself. So much of when we get blue is related to us being unkind to ourselves. Alway HOPE that tomorrow will be better. Someone once told me "by the grace of God I'm not the same person I was yesterday and by the grace of God I won't be the same person tomorrow." I'm sorry that this season of your life seems dreary. Maybe like winter when things seem bleak, and cold. But each winter we hope for the spring, the sun will warm things, the flowers will bloom, and the world will feel bright, your soul more alive. Just hang on to that hope every day. I promise it will get better. But rule number one is to be kind to yourself...

Ok, you just made me bawl like a baby. You're so sweet, bless you! I've never been in a situation like this and I'm just lost.

Life goes on, and I know it could always be worse (my dad drills that into my head every chance he gets). I really do need to start taking better care of myself, that's for sure. My body is a MESS right now.

YorN, you're killing me with the funnies tonight. Love them!

Wonder when the Duchess is going to have her baby?
I was thinking of names-
maybe Anne if it's a girl
Winston or Henry if it's a boy.

Ok, you just made me bawl like a baby. You're so sweet, bless you! I've never been in a situation like this and I'm just lost.

Life goes on, and I know it could always be worse (my dad drills that into my head every chance he gets). I really do need to start taking better care of myself, that's for sure. My body is a MESS right now.

YorN, you're killing me with the funnies tonight. Love them!

Hi m :seeya:! What part of Iowa are you from? I lived in Vinton for 5 years when I was very young. Small little town about 30 miles from Cedar Rapids.

Wonder when the Duchess is going to have her baby?
I was thinking of names-
maybe Anne if it's a girl
Winston or Henry if it's a boy.

I read on that thread that Wills and the Queen have birthdays tomorrow. They've probably scheduled a c-section (followed by a tummy tuck like all the rich and famous mommies do!). I'm thinking if its a girl they will do Diana or Elizabeth. If they do Elizabeth they will get the brownie points. Elizabeth will abdicate the throne and pass over Charlie right on to Wills! Won't that be nice? I'm sorry I don't want Charles to be King because I don't think Camilla deserves to be "queen".

I'm going to bed. I feel tired- must be this cool weather- it's 60 here and I have all the windows open. Feels good and I'm sleepy.
See you tomorrow.
Goodnight all. feel better sis.
I'll leave you all with these last funnies.
Mouthology:
A Professor was traveling by boat. On his way he asked the sailor:
“Do you know Biology, Ecology, Zoology, Geography, physiology?
The sailor said no to all his questions.
Professor: What the he$$ do you know on earth. You will die of illiteracy.
After a while the boat started sinking. The Sailor asked the Professor, do you know swiminology & escapology from sharkology?
The professor said no.
Sailor: “Well, sharkology & crocodilogy will eat your a$$ology, headology & you will dieology because of your mouthology.
Horseback Riding
A woman from California decides to try horseback riding, even though she has had no lessons or prior experience. She mounts the horse unassisted and the horse immediately springs into motion. It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but the blonde begins to slip from the saddle. In terror, she grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip. She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the side of the horse anyway. The horse gallops along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider. Finally, giving up her frail grip, she leaps away from the horse to try and throw herself to safety. Unfortunately, her foot has become entangled in the stirrup, she is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground over and over. As her head is battered against the ground, she is mere moments away from unconsciousness when to her great fortune . . . the Supermarket manager sees her and shuts the horse off.

Age difference
What is the difference between girls aged: 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58 and 68? At 8 - You take her to bed and tell her a story .At 18 - You tell her a story and take her to bed. At 28 - You don't need to tell her a story to take her to bed .At 38 - She tells you a story and takes you to bed .At 48 - You tell her a story to avoid going to bed .At 58 - You stay in bed to avoid her story. At 68 - If you take her to bed, that'll be a story!!

A story with a moral
While they were taking up the collection, John leaned forward and said, "Hey, Marie, how about you and me go to dinner next Friday?" "Why Yes, John, that would be nice," said Marie. Well, John couldn't believe his luck. All week long he polished up his car, and on Friday he picked up Marie and took her to dinner, the finest restaurant in Raleigh. When they sat down, John looked over at Marie said, "Hey, Marie, would you like a cocktail before dinner?" "Oh, no, John, "said Marie. "What would I tell my Sunday School class?" Well, John was setback a bit, so he didn't say much until after dinner. Then he reached in his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Hey, Marie," said John, "Would you like a smoke?" "Oh, no, John," said Marie. "What would I tell my Sunday School class?" Well, John was feeling pretty low after that, so he just got in his car and was driving Marie home when they passed the Holiday Inn. He'd struck out twice already, so he figured he had nothing to lose. "Hey, Marie," said John, "how would you like to stop at this motel with me?" "Sure, John, that would be nice," said Marie. Well, John couldn't believe his luck. He did a U-turn right then and there across the median and everything, and drove back to the motel and checked in with Marie. The next morning John got up first. He looked at Marie lying there in the bed. "What have I done? What have I done?" thought John. He shook Marie and she woke up. "Marie, I've got to ask you one thing, said John. "What are you going to tell your Sunday School class?" Marie said, "The same thing I always tell them......... You don't have to smoke and drink to have a good time.

Introduce lawyers
"You are a cheat!" shouted the attorney to his opponent. "And you're a liar!" bellowed the opposition. Banging his gavel loudly, the judge interjected, "Now that both attorneys have been identified for the record, let's get on with the case."

Divorced Barbie Doll

One day a father gets out of work and on his way home he suddenly remembers that it's his daughter's birthday.

He pulls over to a Toy Shop and asks the sales person, "How much for one of those Barbie's in the display window?"

The salesperson answers, "Which one do you mean, Sir?

We have: Work Out Barbie for $19.95, Shopping Barbie for $19.95, Beach Barbie for $19.95, Disco Barbie for $19.95, Ballerina Barbie for $19.95, Astronaut Barbie for $19.95, Skater Barbie for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $265.95".

The amazed father asks: "It's what?! Why is the Divorced Barbie $265.95 and the others only $19.95?"

The annoyed salesperson rolls her eyes, sighs, and answers: "Sir..., Divorced Barbie comes with: Ken's Car, Ken's House, Ken's Boat, Ken's Furniture, Ken's Computer, one of Ken's Friends, and a key chain made with Ken's ba##s.

Light bulb lawyers
Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb? A0: Three; one to do it and two to sue him for malpractice .A1: It only takes one lawyer to change your light bulb to his light bulb.A2: You won't find a lawyer who can change a light bulb. Now, if you're looking for a lawyer to screw a light bulb...A3: Whereas the party of the first part, also known as "Lawyer", and the party of the second part, also known as "Light Bulb", do hereby and forthwith agree to a transaction wherein the party of the second part (Light Bulb) shall be removed from the current position as a result of failure to perform previously agreed upon duties, i.e., the lighting, elucidation, and otherwise illumination of the area ranging from the front (north) door, through the entryway, terminating at an area just inside the primary living area, demarcated by the beginning of the carpet, any spillover illumination being at the option of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and not required by the aforementioned agreement between the parties. The aforementioned removal transaction shall include, but not be limited to, the following steps:1.) The party of the first part (Lawyer) shall, with or without elevation at his option, by means of a chair, stepstool, ladder or any other means of elevation, grasp the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and rotate the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a counter-clockwise direction, this point being non-negotiable.2.) Upon reaching a point where the party of the second part (Light Bulb) becomes separated from the party of the third part ("Receptacle"), the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of disposing of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a manner consistent with all applicable state, local and federal statutes.3.) Once separation and disposal have been achieved, the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of beginning installation of the party of the fourth part ("New Light Bulb"). This installation shall occur in a manner consistent with the reverse of the procedures described in step one of this self-same document, being careful to note that the rotation should occur in a clockwise direction, this point also being non-negotiable. NOTE: The above described steps may be performed, at the option of the party of the first part (Lawyer), by any or all persons authorized by him, the objective being to produce the most possible revenue for the party of the fifth part, also known as "Partnership." --------------------------------------------
Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb? A: Fifty four. Eight to argue, one to get a continuance, one to object, one to demur, two to research precedents, one to dictate a letter, one to stipulate, five to turn in their time cards, one to depose, one to write interrogatories, two to settle, one to order a secretary to change the bulb, and twenty-eight to bill for professional services.
================================================================
P.S. Don't get in trouble tonight-LOL.

I read on that thread that Wills and the Queen have birthdays tomorrow. They've probably scheduled a c-section (followed by a tummy tuck like all the rich and famous mommies do!). I'm thinking if its a girl they will do Diana or Elizabeth. If they do Elizabeth they will get the brownie points. Elizabeth will abdicate the throne and pass over Charlie right on to Wills! Won't that be nice? I'm sorry I don't want Charles to be King because I don't think Camilla deserves to be "queen".

no vote for Camilla here, either. The name Diana will be in the name somewhere when the baby is named. :seeya:

Hey y'all. Been trying to get caught up. The jokes are great Queen! M, glad you are better. Daisy, my fun flower, hope you feel better! I am so envious of those of you who cook, bake and create good food.

Just was wondering if anyone knew why the KCL thread was locked? Is KCL ok? Is her brother ok? I saw the note from Tricia, but I am worried. Her blog is fabulous and I listen to her every time she is on Tricias radio show. You all are "friends in my head" if you know what I mean.

Nighty Night YesOrNo, sweet Juan-filled dreams (like with him feeding you grapes or something!)

Hey y'all. Been trying to get caught up. The jokes are great Queen! M, glad you are better. Daisy, my fun flower, hope you feel better! I am so envious of those of you who cook, bake and create good food.

Just was wondering if anyone knew why the KCL thread was locked? Is KCL ok? Is her brother ok? I saw the note from Tricia, but I am worried. Her blog is fabulous and I listen to her every time she is on Tricias radio show. You all are "friends in my head" if you know what I mean.

Zuri, how are you? Been thinking about you and praying for you. I hope you are feeling better.

I know what you mean. :)

I think her forum will reopen soon like Tricia says. KCL went to Sedona. Brother is doing well from what I read.

Will he share his recipe??? I love ribs!

Absolutely! Here's the rub recipe:

1/2 C brown sugar
3 TBSP Cocoa powder
1 TBSP onion powder
1 TBSP Kosher salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Rub onto both sides of ribs and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Brush with BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 20 minutes, brushing with additional BBQ sauce occasionally. (If using the BBQ bake at medium-high heat).

Zuri, how are you? Been thinking about you and praying for you. I hope you are feeling better.

You are so sweet. I was misty eyed reading about your wall that you will keep. They grow up so fast! :seeya:

I haven't been there Zuri. What did Tricia's note say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77