SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like some fairy dust has been sprinkled on me and I can hardly keep my eyes open...:eek:fftobed:

Sweet dreams, all. Don't stay up too late!

Good night everyone. Time for my mid week Walmart run.

Sweet dreams to all.

Kensie, I think I sent it. OMG. I worked at it, didnt have one end set up, finally got it oh I'm stupid!! sending it I hit an n instead of m and it came back.:scared:
There is no other word but dumb :doh:

See you tomorrow..sleep tight.

I see Jodi is twittering again! :floorlaugh: her *twits* makes absolutely no sense!:floorlaugh:

Caught the tail end of a newscast about 5am.. Jodi meets with prosecutors today, seems like work on a plea deal! I know we want a trial but this would save AZ. a load of money.I dont see her getting LWP, that has been the hold up IMO.:banghead: As long as she is in there to rot, I'm ok. with it.

ugh i did something reallly stupid last night and now i have an official aversion to meatballs.

so i normally make my own meatballs, but about a month ago i bought store bought ones and stuck them in the freezer, figured i'd make them for a football game (i usually use the bbq sauce and grape jelly recipie for these)...anyway, i decided to just throw them in the crock pot with pasta sauce for a quick dinner. two hours later, i go to check them and i take one meatball out and cut it in half to make sure it's fully cooked. something just didn't smell/look right and i wanted to gag. i called my husband over to investigate and he tasted it and said it was rotten. UGH. it was so disgusting. Now i can never eat a meatball again. How do store bought meatballs go bad when only in the freezer for a month and the expiration date isn't even until next week? anyway, we ended up ordering dinner instead. i was so pissed!

Awapuhi
What drew you to WS- what trial (if I may be so nosy- and I am nosy :floorlaugh:) ?

----------
Laci Peterson. I started watching trials with Ramirez trial.That was old CourtTV. a good program, wish they still had it.. :seeya:

YesorNo, thought you meant everyone.I'm half asleep, wish the other half would go!!

Caught the tail end of a newscast about 5am.. Jodi meets with prosecutors today, seems like work on a plea deal! I know we want a trial but this would save AZ. a load of money.I dont see her getting LWP, that has been the hold up IMO.:banghead: As long as she is in there to rot, I'm ok. with it.

i agree. as long as it's LWOP (which i think it will be) then it's fine with me, although I would prefer for my own selfish reasons to be able to see juan in action against her again and see her get the DP (which i know is what the alexander's would prefer).

i think any plea deal should make her state exactly what happened and it better fit with the forensic evidence. i saw that on an episode of "snapped" when it was part of the plea deal, but the girl lied anyway so the prosecution tried to rescind the plea deal but the judge disagreed, saying that she admitted to shooting him (i forget what episode it was, happened in South Dakota) so the plea deal stood.

i wonder if they decide on a plea if there will be a news conference? i'm assuming so

----------
Laci Peterson. I started watching trials with Ramirez trial.That was old CourtTV. a good program, wish they still had it.. :seeya:

YesorNo, thought you meant everyone.I'm half asleep, wish the other half would go!!

i started reading here for Kyrons case, and then joined during the arias trial. i lurked for most of the trial but then decided to join.

the laci peterson case was the first one i really followed on the news and stuff but i didnt' follow it in forums. I think i was in high school when that happened so I was probably pre occupied with the typical high school stuff but i was definitely aware of it and followed it in the news

i started reading here for Kyrons case, and then joined during the arias trial. i lurked for most of the trial but then decided to join.

the laci peterson case was the first one i really followed on the news and stuff but i didnt' follow it in forums. I think i was in high school when that happened so I was probably pre occupied with the typical high school stuff but i was definitely aware of it and followed it in the news

The Laci Peterson case still baffles me. Why not just divorce her? It's way better than death row. Also, on a shallow note, Laci seemed way prettier than Amber Frey. But I do feel for Frey. Imagine dating someone and not only are they married, but a killer.

oh oh oh i have a somewhat funny story about trials....

my 5th grade teacher (who happened to live up the street from me and is the sweetest person ever) was an older woman known to be the easiest teacher and the best one to have. me and all my friends were in her class for 5th grade. well, she was a huge trial watcher and had an old tv in her classroom that she would put in the corner but in a way that the students couldn't really see it. She also would sit on the computer playing solitare all day. It was great. Best class ever IMO. So I was in 5th grade when the OJ trial was going on, and our teacher watched every second of it. Well, the day the verdict came down, we were all out at recess and she told us that she would put a white piece of paper in the window if he was innocent, and a black one if he was guilty. Her window was right near the hardtop area of the playground so we all huddled over there and waited and waited until she put the white paper up. We were all so upset! we didn't even really know all that was going on but we knew enough to know it was ridiculous! we came in from recess and my teacher was so upset she told us we could just play games the rest of the day while she sat on the computer. i don't know if they had forums back then but i always wonder if she's a member here lol.

ugh i did something reallly stupid last night and now i have an official aversion to meatballs.

so i normally make my own meatballs, but about a month ago i bought store bought ones and stuck them in the freezer, figured i'd make them for a football game (i usually use the bbq sauce and grape jelly recipie for these)...anyway, i decided to just throw them in the crock pot with pasta sauce for a quick dinner. two hours later, i go to check them and i take one meatball out and cut it in half to make sure it's fully cooked. something just didn't smell/look right and i wanted to gag. i called my husband over to investigate and he tasted it and said it was rotten. UGH. it was so disgusting. Now i can never eat a meatball again. How do store bought meatballs go bad when only in the freezer for a month and the expiration date isn't even until next week? anyway, we ended up ordering dinner instead. i was so pissed!

Take the bag back to the store. You should get your money back. Sounds as if they were left to defrost and someone refroze them.

oh oh oh i have a somewhat funny story about trials....

my 5th grade teacher (who happened to live up the street from me and is the sweetest person ever) was an older woman known to be the easiest teacher and the best one to have. me and all my friends were in her class for 5th grade. well, she was a huge trial watcher and had an old tv in her classroom that she would put in the corner but in a way that the students couldn't really see it. She also would sit on the computer playing solitare all day. It was great. Best class ever IMO. So I was in 5th grade when the OJ trial was going on, and our teacher watched every second of it. Well, the day the verdict came down, we were all out at recess and she told us that she would put a white piece of paper in the window if he was innocent, and a black one if he was guilty. Her window was right near the hardtop area of the playground so we all huddled over there and waited and waited until she put the white paper up. We were all so upset! we didn't even really know all that was going on but we knew enough to know it was ridiculous! we came in from recess and my teacher was so upset she told us we could just play games the rest of the day while she sat on the computer. i don't know if they had forums back then but i always wonder if she's a member here lol.

I remember at school they announced the verdict over the loud speaker. I was in an advanced American History class- 7th grade- and we followed it and had essay questions on it. It was crazy. There was an actual riot at the school due to the verdict. My dad quickly pulled me out at the end of the year and moved me across town with him.

Article by Michael Kiefer (so take it with a grain of salt). She is apparently meeting with Prosecutors on October 24th for a "settlement conference" at the request of the Court. She has an evidentiary hearing tomorrow which will be sealed.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ors-settlement-conference.html?nclick_check=1

Article by Michael Kiefer (so take it with a grain of salt). She is apparently meeting with Prosecutors on October 24th for a "settlement conference" at the request of the Court. She has an evidentiary hearing tomorrow which will be sealed.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ors-settlement-conference.html?nclick_check=1

Morning WSers, After having to step away from this case to regain my sanity, then having surgery a week ago and finally feeling well enough to sit at the computer for a bit.....what do I see? THIS!! The Court asks for the settlement conference....what the heck does this mean...the Court asks....after reading this my stomach hurts yet again. Will this murderer ever get sentenced!!!

The settlement conference may not be much more than figuring out where all the attorneys stand and when they can go forward. Of course, a negotiation about removing the death penalty is required/expected, but that does not mean that anything will change. It just means a sentencing date or sentencing phase date will get set, eventually, lol.

P.S. I enjoy reading here every morning to see what you night owls have been up to. :)

m- let us know how you are doing when you can! :blowkiss:

The settlement conference may not be much more than figuring out where all the attorneys stand and when they can go forward. Of course, a negotiation about removing the death penalty is required/expected, but that does not mean that anything will change. It just means a sentencing date or sentencing phase date will get set, eventually, lol.

P.S. I enjoy reading here every morning to see what you night owls have been up to. :)

m- let us know how you are doing when you can! :blowkiss:

Ditto, M, I've been thinking of you.

One thing that I find bothersome with the case calendar is the fact that Judge Stephens has not set a date for trial. I don't know if Nurmi's motion for change of venue has somehow preempted her from doing so.

She had originally scheduled July 18 as a trial date, but since then she has not put another trial date on the calendar.

I really hope the state doesn't offer a deal or she doesn't accept if they do,the Alexander's want the DP, I want the DP. She deserves nothing less!!!!!

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member