SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild, along with others, has tweeted that the 10/4 hearing for oral arguments will be a closed hearing.

More and more of this case is taking place behind closed doors with documents sealed. :banghead:

Among other things, this just adds fodder to the rumor mill.

Edit: It appears that the original source of information is the twitter account of Maricopa Superior Court.

An additional date, 10/18, has been added to the case calendar for oral arguments.

This might not be so bad (but my knowledge of trials is limited). That date was originally listed for a status hearing, correct? If it has been "upped" to oral arguments, then maybe the process has been hastened...?

This might not be so bad (but my knowledge of trials is limited). That date was originally listed for a status hearing, correct? If it has been "upped" to oral arguments, then maybe the process has been hastened...?

No, it is a new date on the calendar. Trial Divas are reporting that the 10/4 date has been changed from a status hearing to oral arguments. The change was made some time ago.

First and foremost, CMJA has been found guilty of first degree murder, especially cruel.

Whatever happens from here on in, this woman will never walk the streets again, barring some numnuts granting her clemency.

From my biased point of view, I consider that the State has the advantage in a retrial and the defense is at a disadvantage in terms of a plea offer. To me, the only incentive the State has to accept a plea is to save taxpayers money. As Gitana1 said last night, the State may be under pressure from taxpayers to see this through. I personally don't see the State agreeing to any kind of plea.

I'm sure that Nurmi and Willmott would like nothing more for a plea to be made and accepted. They have put so much time into this case and they must be wanting to move on, to say nothing about trying to avoid a DP sentence on their CVs. It seems to me that they broadcast repeatedly that they do not have a strong case for mitigation, especially when reading their motion to delay trial until 2014. They have been trying to look under every possible rock and stone, trying to find someone or something that will speak to mercy on behalf of their client.

It's at the point where strategy is everything if it goes to retrial.

I agree. All of the postponements are aimed at gaining time to try to find somebody, anybody, to speak in JA's behalf.

No, it is a new date on the calendar. Trial Divas are reporting that the 10/4 date has been changed from a status hearing to oral arguments. The change was made some time ago.

Thanks for that clarification, gcharlie. :seeya:

But wait: If it goes from a status hearing to oral arguments, wouldn't that speed things up a bit?

Missy has now been in closed custody for almost five full months. Today she had one of her field trips. Once this phase is over, the only field trip she will have is to Perryville. That will be her one last look at the world outside of prison; perhaps that day will be a gloomy, dreary day with pouring rain.

She got up early for the bus ride to the court house. On the ride, she got to see trees, cars passing by and people going about their daily routine. Maybe she noticed that the shadows are different at this time of year and people might be wearing fall clothes instead of summer clothes, a reminder of how time has passed.

At the court house, she moves to a holding cell to wait for her court appearance. It is not scheduled until mid afternoon, so she has many, many hours to wait. Will she be alone all this time, or will people pass in and out? Will she end up with some chatterbox who is goes on and on and on about getting sentenced to six months for a DUI? Or will her cellmate being one of those who recognizes her and asks for her autograph?

As she sits and waits, she wonders how it will go today. Will Kirk and Jennifer spend any time with her outside of the meeting, or will they brush her off like they did at the last hearing?

The meeting ends and she goes back to the holding cell. There were no cameras today and no reporters. She couldn't flash a smile at anyone or wave to a friendly face. There was nobody except for the judge, lawyers, a court reporter and guards. Back in the holding cell, she has a few more hours of waiting before she is transported back to Estrella in shackles.

Today was a break in the routine of closed custody for CMJA.

Happy Friday everyone. I want to apologize for my last post. I'm going through a hard time and just let it get away from me I guess. I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how caring and wonderful you all are. I'm so sorry.

So here I am, crawling back with my tail between my legs and apologizing for being so dramatic. I'm more embarrassed than anything...I usually do better at keeping my crap in check and last week I just let it all out.

Love y'all and hope everyone is well.

Maybe they're keeping the records sealed, because they have potential jurors out there they don't want for them to "know" this information ?? But I've seen when the trial is completely over they do release all these sealed records... hopefully, it will be so in this case!!

Hi Night-Owls!! :wave:

--------
Hi Niner, that is exactly what I think. Or they could be working on a deal, then again would a deal take so many meetings!! :seeya:

Happy Friday everyone. I want to apologize for my last post. I'm going through a hard time and just let it get away from me I guess. I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how caring and wonderful you all are. I'm so sorry.

So here I am, crawling back with my tail between my legs and apologizing for being so dramatic. I'm more embarrassed than anything...I usually do better at keeping my crap in check and last week I just let it all out.

----
m1279, not to worry. Everything is OK.. :seeya:

Glad you are back.:seeya:

:seeya: Glad to hear from you. Hope things start to pull together for you soon. In the meantime, this is a safe place to let it all out. :hug:

:seeya: Glad to hear from you. Hope things start to pull together for you soon. In the meantime, this is a safe place to let it all out. :hug:

ITA welcome back. This is a really caring, warm place. So share whatever you choose to, just keep in touch! :seeya:

Greta is on and says George has more problems .. coming up in the next few minutes.
Police went to his house.

His mother-in-law has filed a report saying George stole a TV and other items from her. That's all Greta said.

I'm watching the Military channel and it's about Timothy McVeigh. Glad he's no longer on this planet. He is where he belongs. :stormingmad:

His mother-in-law has filed a report saying George stole a TV and other items from her. That's all Greta said.

This guy has some serious problems. Youd think he'd just want to go and live a quiet life.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member