SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Friends. Thought you all would appreciate seeing what Death Row in my home State of Indiana is like. Pretty hard core...it's NOT for the faint of heart. So you have been warned. Inside Death Row with Trevor McDonald Episode 2 - YouTube

My opinion, if you do the crime, you do the time.
Now, I am sure Arizona's Female Death Row is different, but I am sure it has a lot of similarities.

I just watched the whole thing while I am work. Never work a Saturday but today I have to.

As far as Jodi and this video, You Reap what you Sow.

Apple dumplings were good..the teenagers tore them up

I'll look for the rub recipe. I usually make a large batch so I have it on hand but its espresso , chili powder, salt pepper, cayenne, brown sugar, ginger...
And the sauce is just sour cream with raspberry jelly/jam

Today I need to go clean the trout then probably blacken them and make some homemade tartar sauce and fried okra salad.

TEX!!!!! I wish you were closer!

Re BBM

I dont know the answer, but didnt want you to think we were ignoring you.

If I had to guess, I dont think so. I think he can only object to certain statements. I may be totally wrong, so not sure but it seems like this phase is just statements of character to try to have jury consider whether they give her life or death.

Az lawyer said on legal thread that JM can provide witnesses that rebutt anything Jodi says. Look at Q&A on legal thread.

Good morning my friend...

I should have figured you for a Rob Zombie fan! I like your eclectic taste!

After I posted that video (which I think is so well done), Mr. M. and I watched a few more, which for some reason triggered this for me:

Tenacious D - Tribute - YouTube

I get such a kick out of Jack Black and the way he dances.

Also... I have been LOVING all the pet pictures and anecdotes - they are THE BEST.
AWESOME!! What a great way to start the day! Might have to bust out the "School of Rock" Dvd for rainy Saturday movie time later!! Thank you!!

It was entitled "Unraveling the Lies of Jodi Arias"

It was interesting to see her earlier interview and the things that she said, the way she looked, etc versus her on the stand with the new version of events.

They had another defense attorney who had represented other high profile trials (Phil Spector and I think she was even counsel to Casey Anthony for a time) she painted an insightful look into Jodi's lies.....that she was actually telling us what happened through the web of lies.
She spoke about how difficult it was or almost impossible for the defense to condemn a victim.

Jodi actually had a good defense team and credible expert witnesses but it wasn't enough to dispell the truth of the evidence and undo the web of lies.
Really powerful. I hope that if you have a moment you will watch it. It won't have new info but it has new perspectives that shed light on the case.

Okay wait, didn't a new 48 Hours episode air this week on this case? I can't seem to find it, only the old one.

I thought I had seen everything there is to see, but apparantly not! This is a 3 and 1/2 minute video with Jonathan Leach right before the "first" of many to come of JA's media tours. < sarcasm She is so excited to get that baggie of makeup! She even asks him to hold her mirror, and wants to tell them how to film. This beotch is crazier than I thought.

Extra: Meeting Jodi Arias - 48 Hours - CBS News

She is a sociopath. Crazy as the day is long. So glad the jury got this right. I have every confidence they will bring it home next week to the correct ending.

Just a suggestion, but you might be a little more tolerant in the early phases...;) Most of us guys are probably going to take being put in the back seat for a trial as a sign that you aren't interested or worth the time either...

I stand corrected! :blushing:

I saw a short special on Van Bullow case and from what I remember, I think the alleged motive was he wanted to get with this other girl he was having an alleged affair with, and she wanted Van Bullow to get his wife out of his life either by divorce or some other way, and for some reason the wife supposedly knew about the affair, but just wanted to stay in the marriage for the money so wouldnt leave him and so he allegedly used some drugs in a needle to off her.

Is that what you mean about "alleged motive"?

From what I remember, he actually won his freedom on a RETRIAL which was shocking , but he had a great defense team.

Sonny, the wife, had the money, and Claus wanted out and her money! Very sad for the child they had together. I wonder if she is stillestranged from her older half sibs.

Apple dumplings were good..the teenagers tore them up

I'll look for the rub recipe. I usually make a large batch so I have it on hand but its espresso , chili powder, salt pepper, cayenne, brown sugar, ginger...
And the sauce is just sour cream with raspberry jelly/jam

Today I need to go clean the trout then probably blacken them and make some homemade tartar sauce and fried okra salad.

Tex, my mouth is watering here - that fried okra salad is something I MUST HAVE!

You seriously have to consider doing a cookbook... "1,000 Dishes To Eat Before You Die" - then mail a copy to JA for good measure.

SERIOUSLY, please put your recipes in the Recipe thread - we all want them!!! Alternatively, can you adopt us???

AWW come on! he met her 1/2 way! :floorlaugh:

Seriously. I have said it ONCE.:blushing:

Ditto, so have I. 9 times out of 10, I think SHE just happened to be in the "neighborhood" (the general area of California, Arizona, and Utah). Kind of like when the Hughes said she would just "drop" in. Wonder if Travis actually HAD planned on CMJA meeting his grandma, or if it was just one of those "Oh wow, I just happened to be down the street and crawled through another dog door...oh, so this is your grandam's house?"

LOL I didn't think you were all that serious to begin with. DW says, "Just cancel the date." :floorlaugh:

Nope I wasn't serious -- I have spent so much time invested in this case that sadly I find myself rearranging my schedule to watch this trial and DH just laughs and goes to the golf course.

But I am so ready for JA's final performance at least in JSS's courtroom.

acknowledged how attractive and charismatic she is.......and she can be. Even the officer who interviewed her in Yreka talked about how attractive she was and able to arouse attention. She has lost that quality now. Her face is thin, complexion sallow, her eyes are empty, her hair color is dull.
All of that youthful vitality that she exuded is gone.

That is interesting, isn't it.

Tex, my mouth is watering here - that fried okra salad is something I MUST HAVE!

You seriously have to consider doing a cookbook... "1,000 Dishes To Eat Before You Die" - then mail a copy to JA for good measure.

SERIOUSLY, please put your recipes in the Recipe thread - we all want them!!! Alternatively, can you adopt us???

Love fried Okra. My first introduction to it was at Ft. McClellan, AL in Basic Training. That was my introduction to the world of southern cuisine, and it was delicious. I met grits for the first time as well; luckily, had a southern friend explaining how to eat things so I didn't look like an idiot. LOL

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!! I agree!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member