SIDEBAR #48 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are young, your dreams are attainable, but when the reality of the situation hits you, when you are old, you have to make new dreams in place of the old, IMO.

I'll still have my critters and trees, dirt, grass; they just won't be mine and that's OK.

Bend like a tree in the wind or you will break.

Nice to be young. :)

I understand. My husband has a couple of serious neuro diseases. We've had to adjust our retirement plans a bit. Those things that we can do location-wise and housing-wise we will do to allow us more options in general. He's near retirement, not quite there, so these things are much on my mind. We'll adjust, and continue on the adventure.
Thanks for your post, it really touched my heart today.

Talking about men retiring :facepalm:
----------------------

RETIRED HUSBAND

After retiring, Bill Harris’ wife insisted that he accompany her on her trips to Target. Unfortunately, like most men; Bill found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, his wife is like most women - she loves to browse. Yesterday his dear Wife received the following letter, from the local Target:

Dear Mrs. Harris:

Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion, in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to, ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Harris, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This
caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turnresulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money. We don't have a Code 3.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.

6. August 14: Moved a, 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he'd invite them in if they would
bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while, loudly humming the, 'Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his, 'Madonna Look' using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed; 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where is the fitting room?

And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile; then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the clerks passed out.
----------------------
So funny! sounds like my late husband!:laughing:

That's something that will ultimately break me. Just seen many family and friends die of things that I couldn't endure. I'm right there with everyone who's a loner, I can do people, but I choose not to. I would go crazy not being able to talk to my critters and living just a few yards from another human being.

Someone has a quote by Robin Williams on the bottom of their posts, about being surrounded by people and feeling totally alone. I'm still wary of people and close relationships.
I'm just chock full of weirdness!:eek:kay:

And do you still have that link for smillies, YorN? I lost it when my Rockmelt browser refused to connect with my server!!!!!:gaah:

You will endure, my dear; you have to . What else is there?
You are too strong for your own good sometimes, IMO.

Here you go duchess:

http://emoticoner.com/emoticons/smileys

Kensie

Neither of us won the HGTV Dream house in Cape Cod :( (maybe next year?):

HGTV Dream Home 2015 Winner Announced!

"Congratulations to Kathy O’Dell of Huntsville, Alabama!
She is the lucky winner of a new Cape Cod-style getaway located on Martha’s Vineyard, a 2015 GMC® Acadia Denali and a $250,000 cash prize provided by national mortgage lender Quicken Loans. A grand-prize package valued at over $2 million!..."

http://blog.hgtv.com/sweepstakes/2015/03/31/hgtv-dream-home-2015-winner-announced/

Not to be a spoiled sport :congrats: to that lady from Alllllllabammmmma. :floorlaugh:

What wonderful pictures to see posted today. The little Yorkie is absolutely adorable. And Bernina, your geese and swans are beautiful. That could tempt me into adopting a few .... just not the normal Canada Geese we see around here! But dog gone it, aren't they messy poopers??

Come hang out! It's fun. Educational, also! :)
:greetings:

Yes, we'll certainly learn a lot here. Certainly about getting down, anyway! :)

[video=youtube;tPBDMihPRJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPBDMihPRJA[/video]

Alas, Zuri, this park has no professional management...it is run by the residents solely. We have officers but they just like having a title; actually doing something would require some, oh I don't know....ballz?? Besides, we aren't part of the clique. Living here is like going back to junior high school. And remember how much fun that was?...lolz.

This place actually was lovely to live in for the first few months ... and then Mammy and Slammy moved in. Oh well.

The 55+ community we lived in before this one had professional management and ran very smoothly. If and when we get the financial wherewithal to move back there, we certainly will do that!

:)

P.S. Sleuth5...don't tell me you live in a place like this, too?!

:floorlaugh: Not exactly, Jane, but some of this is pretty familiar.

[video=youtube;1tqxzWdKKu8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8[/video]

I just have to vent a little bit on the low-flow toilets...LOL
I may have vented before about this but I am due to vent again on it. LOL

We have a saying here in our home called a "double-clutcher" or "triple-clutcher" :floorlaugh:

You know the days where it was a doozy :gasp:

Well, those low-flow toilets just add even more "clutches".

We have 1 old toilet with the old large tank and we call it our "Good Toilet", and we have one of the new ones in the hall called the "Bad Toilet".

On those rough days, we always say we are heading for the Good Toilet.

Oh, and my Gram in NY would always call it a "TURLET". :) Brings back fond memories of my Gram. :)

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

yt5c0-12-M3mhBeo.jpg

Link: http://www.sunnyskyz.com/uploads/2015/03/yt5c0-12-M3mhBeo.jpg

:facepalm:

:floorlaugh: I agree, but I rarely see any maniacs. :wink:

What wonderful pictures to see posted today. The little Yorkie is absolutely adorable. And Bernina, your geese and swans are beautiful. That could tempt me into adopting a few .... just not the normal Canada Geese we see around here! But dog gone it, aren't they messy poopers??

Nope, they spend 95% of their time in the water. AND, they're very territorial, so if you have problems with other waterfowl, swans get rid of them. There's a few companies back east that supply them to areas that get inundated with Canada geese.

Well, my BF forgot his debit card..........so he came home. I sure needed a vacation..............
dalek-smiley.gif

I really like that, you have a pretty kitchen :) and do at times regret not having the hardwood continued into the kitchen. And, yes, tile is harder on the old back...

Flip-flops (or zorries, as we called them in South Florida--I just learned it's the Bahamian word) are your friend.

Ceramic tile works better here in the desert because there is always dust in the air and it scratches hard wood. But I don't get out of bed without putting on flip-flops first.

Sleuth5, you post the best music for my housework days. I am going to have to start a new playlist, I can tell. Keep 'em coming. I know what I like, but can never remember the titles or singers. You make it easy!

Yuk... fleas and plague sounds horrible.

All of the retirement talk the past few days makes me think of my parents. My dad is 65 and just retired at the end of February. He'd been with the same company for 43 years! He's driving my mom crazy lol. He's SO bored being at home. I guess because of SS laws (or something like that) he has to wait until May 1st until he can start working somewhere part-time, just to get out of the house. Right now he's just puttering around the house and driving my mom nuts. Hopefully the weather gets nicer soon so he can get outside and feel like he's doing something productive! I think it's really taking a toll on him, he almost seems depressed. I can't imagine what that was like for him, going to work that last Friday, then waking up Monday morning with no place to go!

20150308_201700.jpg

My big babies, Sam and Lola, snuggling with me on the couch tonight. :)

ETA: Yikes! I hope this didn't blow the margins! I had no idea the pic would be so big!

I grew up in Indiana in tne 40's and 50's. I don't remeber any Canadian geese, other than migrating ones. In our last few trips to the midwest, they are everywhere. What happened?

Just sharing a picture of our Yorkie. He likes Christmas time too because he gets presents too. :)

Oh how adorable ! Just tell your sweet baby this: :loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

View attachment 72215

My big babies, Sam and Lola, snuggling with me on the couch tonight. :)

ETA: Yikes! I hope this didn't blow the margins! I had no idea the pic would be so big!

They actually match your couch... Like two throw pillows. lol They are adorable! I Love cats!!!

That's something that will ultimately break me. Just seen many family and friends die of things that I couldn't endure. I'm right there with everyone who's a loner, I can do
people, but I choose not to. I would go crazy not being able to talk to my critters and living just a few yards from another human being.

Someone has a quote by Robin Williams on the bottom of their posts, about being surrounded by people and feeling totally alone. I'm still wary of people and close relationships.
I'm just chock full of weirdness!:eek:kay:

And do you still have that link for smillies, YorN? I lost it when my Rockmelt browser refused to connect with my server!!!!!:gaah:

As a child growing up, my dog was sometimes the only one I could talk to or confide in. Maybe that's why I've always felt a special bond with dogs, but I've also always loved cats, horses, etc. I just love animals and have always felt I should take care of them. That's at least one of the reasons we're here, right ?

BTW, your comment about the Robin Williams quote reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies. And YesOrNo's too, right ? :seeya: Anyway, I love the quote because it fits me to a tee, it's from The

Ghost and Mrs. Muir. "You can be much more alone with other people than you are by yourself, even if it's people you love".
Oh, and Bernina, if you're chock full of weirdness, you're not alone. :eek:kay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member