SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take it! I'm a cheap drunk. I nurse 2 glasses, maybe 3...Then it's beddy-bye time.

Mr. Knot is 15 years sober. The ice cream is his, the wine is mine. And we are blissful in our indulgences and in one another!

2 glasses? Noob. I'm sure Mr. Knot calls you "amateur" ha ha ha. Mr. Chiquito doesn't drink at all, that's even weirder. We indulge in other thingsssssss....

Good, thank you and she was. I was not close to her, she actually helped me through a horrible time not even knowing me and I was so touched by her kindness......there is so much more to that horrid story....

I'm sure there is more to that story. Ya know, I commented often on clickondetroit (on the murder) - was my belief after the case wasn't solved 2 weeks later that it would end up as a cold case file & we'd never know (altho I knew it was that slimebag from the start). Was I right assuming his dad being a (former, deceased) judge had something to do w/delay, or were they just waiting to get their ducks in a row B4 they arrested him? But a whole year?! Crazy. Wasn't there another murder in the Pointes just last week - a lady? You live in such a beautiful community, but it's just too darn close to Detroit for me.

There is a thread here where you can read if ya need to.

Thank You Bravo, I will check it out.

And I am sorry Kpm, it must be very hard for you. Hopefully he will get what he has earned for himself in this life.

Oh yeah, LAWN DARTS, how could we forget. The Litmus Test of a great toy is that it was pulled off the market for safety reasons.

Yeah, those darts were HUGE. They came with the plans to setup the target on the lawn, but the manufacturers misjudged the "brilliance" of us buyers who would setup our own "targets" which included our mean brothers or sisters as they were passing through the yard. And to heck with the under-hand toss. We would chuck those overhanded and go for distance records.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Warning:
Do not play lawn darts after drinking beer all day.
That's all,,,:facepalm:

Nothing we didn't already know. The published report earlier, that said that the question actually asked "If we cannot come to a verdict, what should we do..." Katie Wick says that that made her feel better. She cannot verify that statement. We have to assume it is true, I guess. But that's not much of a lightbulb moment.

It probably was for her ...

Oh yeah, LAWN DARTS, how could we forget. The Litmus Test of a great toy is that it was pulled off the market for safety reasons.

Yeah, those darts were HUGE. They came with the plans to setup the target on the lawn, but the manufacturers misjudged the "brilliance" of us buyers who would setup our own "targets" which included our mean brothers or sisters as they were passing through the yard. And to heck with the under-hand toss. We would chuck those overhanded and go for distance records.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I know of no one my age who does not have at least one story involving Jarts and some kind of impaling -- foot, head, arm, something.

He's actually good today, of course they don't start the chemo until tomorrow and it will run for 48 hours. MM, I am worn out. I have moments when I lose my chit....but not in front of him.

OT

Oh, Rosemary, big hugs to you!
I can only imagine how tired you are.
So hard to be the decision maker, the advocate for your child's care, the cheerleader and "the Rock". So utterly EXHAUSTING!
I continue to pray for you both. It is ok to lose your chit, everyone needs an outlet.
Try to take care of yourself too. It's easy to get into the no valuable sleep, eating utter cr*p out of convenience, and stuffing down all of your emotions.
Sending hugs to you both!

Our sweet friend Harlow finally got some good news this week! After 5 weeks of chemo and several scans the tumor is FINALLY starting to shrink! Hurray! She was even able to don her pink tutu, and participate in one number at her dance recital last weekend! So proud of that bald, beautiful brave little girl! Praying Kyle's treatment goes smoothly and makes big positive changes!
xoxo

All I can say is:
A) a friend who tries to sell me stuff or join a pyramid scam, is not gonna stay my friend
B) sleazy ≠ wrong/our opinions do not coincide

OK, this is the EXACT wording of the Jury's handwritten note on an official question form to JSS:

“If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

So what do we truly know?
They don't know which forms to use to notify JSS of their status.
Juror #18 might possibly be the foreman.

What are we confused about?
Jury note mentions IF not WHEN in referring to the circumstance of being unable to come to a unanimous decision.

They didn't report they were deadlocked. They didn't report they were giving up. JSS giving the Allen charge may have been as much for efficiency as anything else. Give pep talk, give support and empathy of the serious, emotional and difficult task before them, and move them along.

Perhaps we armchair cyber watchers forget that these jurors truly do hold the fate of a human life in their hands. Would we really want them to treat that as being worthy of a quick and casual decision?

I don't see any indication the jury is hung and I sincerely believe everyone (including JSS for immediately jumping to the Allen charge) is over-reacting.

I want to be positive that's the actual text of the question.

If it is, how in the hell could they all have read it and assumed this jury was deadlocked???? Why wouldn't they clarify the question? Because that's a huge thing to be wrong about.

What the heck is up with Jodi's cause of wanting DV victims to document their abuse? Uhh...say what? If you care so much about DV, why don't you encourage victims to leave?

So in the rare circumstance that a victim has to kill their abuser in self defense, you want them to be covered? Sounds legit.

Exactly. Do you know any TRUE dv victim whose first advice is document it? No, the first advice is get the f out!

Question for those who vape....if you vape flavors like chocolate or cherry marshmallow cheesecake, etc. does it curb cravings for sweets? I quit smoking 3 months ago and I'm gaining weight. I've never tried an e cig.

I dont mean to butt in do you mean Jane Bashara?

That is one case I have followed for a long time. And they have a person who is following it and update it all the time! At Websleuths!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Do y'all have rotaries? It's just a big arse circle, around which are exits. Could be 3 exits or 8. Some rotaries are very tight and you can barely get your car around it.

I was approaching a rotary on the way home from work. During rush hour. In BOSTON. Where everyone seems to drive with their damned eyes closed.

The road I was on approaching the rotary is two lanes. I was in the wrong lane and neeeeeeeeded to get into the left lane but not one of the friendly Boston peeps one would let me in and I was too grumpy to charm them so I plotted.

Cars were taking too long to merge. Dang, GO already. No one in the rotary will ever slow down to let you go.

Ugh. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I was not going to sit all night waiting for one of the 20 cars going around the rotary to give me permission, I pulled into the rotary and over to the left lane.

Then all I saw were flashing blue lights in my rear view.

W
T
H

Why is this cop at a rotary??? Aren't there criminals to go catch? :mad: :mad:

Even looking at a ticket, I was in no mood to be charming so I did not say a word. Just gimme the ticket already and let me be on my way. I'll appeal it. Whatever.

He told me that I cut off multiple cars in the rotary and ... by the way, did I know one of my brake lights was out. He went on and on and on about the brake light. :facepalm:

I just handed over my license and registration. I had nothing to say.

He came back a few minutes later with a warning for the brake light. Tells me the rotary cut off would have been a $150 fine but he was letting me go on that one. Then he gave me another lecture on the brake lights.

What I took from this? It's ok to cut off everyone in sight, just make sure all of your brake lights are in working order.

Then .. "all I ask is that you're careful in the rotary next time."

"Ok," I said, lying like JA. "I will."

lol

BUT.......did you use your optional car equipment, the directional arrow??????? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

LOL...............You had me in stitches, brought back SO many memories of navigating ('cause ya know it ain't traditional "driving" ANYWHERE in Mass!) Comm. Ave, the Alewife Brook Pkway, Storrow Drive, Roosevelt Circle et al.!

PS: for those "not in the know", a "rotary" is NOT a straight-away, some call them traffic circles or round-abouts but many of us learned to drive in/onto them as "LOOK OUT, here I come"! :please::please:

It probably was for her ...

Oh, I wasn't meaning to be rude, perhaps it was. The original post had claimed that Katiecoolady had said to watch for a lightbulb moment from Katie Wick tonight on DD. I just didn't think that was much of one, that's all.

Eric Church opened for Kenny Chesney a couple of weeks ago at Cowboy statdium. My youngest son was there and said he was incredible. Had tickets on the second row on the floor. They loved him. Didn't even stay for Kenny. lol

OMG, love me some Eric Church and Kenny!!! My kids so much wanted to get me tickets for Mom's day but I told them to save their money....Oh, I may have to order tickets....

My son found Eric Church on YouTube singing in the back of his pickup and we have followed him ever since.....I love it when he sings Springsteen (I mean was he even born yet....LOL)

Kenny....oh, yeah, his tractor is sexy! My #1 song to play when I'm drunk...and yes, I have to dance....LOL :rockon::rockon:

Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - YouTube

OK, this is the EXACT wording of the Jury's handwritten note on an official question form to JSS:

“If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

So what do we truly know?
They don't know which forms to use to notify JSS of their status.
Juror #18 might possibly be the foreman.

What are we confused about?
Jury note mentions IF not WHEN in referring to the circumstance of being unable to come to a unanimous decision.

They didn't report they were deadlocked. They didn't report they were giving up. JSS giving the Allen charge may have been as much for efficiency as anything else. Give pep talk, give support and empathy of the serious, emotional and difficult task before them, and move them along.

Perhaps we armchair cyber watchers forget that these jurors truly do hold the fate of a human life in their hands. Would we really want them to treat that as being worthy of a quick and casual decision?

I don't see any indication the jury is hung and I sincerely believe everyone (including JSS for immediately jumping to the Allen charge) is over-reacting.

I am SO glad this is finally getting cleared up! Thanks for posting!!! I have been a raving lunatic ever since the judge muddled this up and the media RAN with it!

NOW I can go to bed and dream of a perfect ending tomorrow!!!

I'm sure there is more to that story. Ya know, I commented often on clickondetroit (on the murder) - was my belief after the case wasn't solved 2 weeks later that it would end up as a cold case file & we'd never know (altho I knew it was that slimebag from the start). Was I right assuming his dad being a (former, deceased) judge had something to do w/delay, or were they just waiting to get their ducks in a row B4 they arrested him? But a whole year?! Crazy. Wasn't there another murder in the Pointes just last week - a lady? You live in such a beautiful community, but it's just too darn close to Detroit for me.

No his father's status had nothing to do with the delay, they had so much evidence to sift through.

Yes a darling girl was just killed, she worked at my vets office and I feel so bad for her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203