SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling much better now. Sorry if this has been covered but I have had trouble connecting.

According to several sources, one of which is not usually pro prosecution , M.Keifer, the actual juror note is quoted as follows:

bbm

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

"The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

This leads me to believe it may have been misinterpreted and was just a request for clarification, after 40 minutes and their previous "Life Instruction" rather than a statement of deadlock. May be just some housekeeping before they really got down to business.

I am choosing to feel confident and sleep a bit more soundly tonight :)

Oh! I didn't know that... as long as there's not nicotine involved, why not?

I'm concerned, irrationally perhaps, that the action of smoking will send me back to the real thing. And they are expensive. I have saved $700 in 3 months by not smoking. It's all going toward a trip to Europe, but if I keep packing on the lbs., I won't make it to Europe anyway.

I've had the will power to quit smoking but have very little will power over chocolate. :crying:

Never heard them called rotaries-I thought they were roundabouts-or traffic circles.

When I was in the U.K. I saw them referred to as Roundabouts but here, they're always referred to as Rotaries.

8786029365_5c5dd5afa3_z.jpg

8796607716_c8a44dce2b_z.jpg

My apologies for quoting myself and reposting my opinion from yesterday about the jury finding DEATH the only appropriate penalty for Jodi's especially cruel crimes against Travis..

I felt especially strong about this issue yesterday and still find myself of this same strong opinion today.. Just as it was yesterday so too is it today that my opinion is not of any ill will toward or about this jury, but rather is just very simply what I personally believe..

Not only did Jodi, herself and Jenny
Wilmott, as the Atty arguing to these jurors on behalf of
her client's life, THEY both MISERABLY and COMPLETELY
FAILED AT MAKING A CASE FOR JODI'S LIFE TO BE
SPARED FROM EXECUTION...

Along with what IMO is absolute fact in Prosecutor, Juan Martinez having given this jury every valid, relevant reason and just cause, as well as showing that truly THE ONLY right decision is that of the penalty of DEATH for Jodi..

With this Prosecutor having proven this ALREADY FOUND GUILTY of First Degree, PREMEDITATED murdering defendant deserves ONLY the penalty of DEATH AND NOTHING LESS..AND the undeniable fact that in the eleventh hour, last ditch effort to save Jodi Arias' life from being executed that BOTH Jodi and Wilmott as her counsel failed, and not just failed but a fail of epic proportions..

IMO **IF** each of these jurors WERE HONEST in their voir dire
given several months back in that they could impose the
penalty of death if such circumstance was proven that
this penalty was in fact warranted.. **IF** they were
honest in their stating THEY'RE CAPABLE OF IMPOSING A SENTENCE OF DEATH, then IMO it is a foregone conclusion that Jodi Ann Arias will in fact be sentenced to death and quickly find her permanent residence on Death Row in Perriville until such penalty shall be imposed and carried out many years from now.

IMO THE ABSOLUTE ONLY WAY that Jodi will get anything less than Death, such as Life With/Without Parole IS ONLY IF one or more of those jurors were dishonest in their voir dire..

Thank you Snowcat the judge misread the note, everyone who heard the judge including the Alexanders, us, and the media thought it meant there was a deadlock. It seems upon examining the actual note there was not a deadlock, just a misread.

Thank YOU! That jury is smart... just like the tiger/bear question, they like to throw a curveball here and there.

I'm feeling much better now. Sorry if this has been covered but I have had trouble connecting.

According to several sources, one of which is not usually pro prosecution , M.Keifer, the actual juror note is quoted as follows:

bbm

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

"The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

This leads me to believe it may have been misinterpreted and was just a request for clarification, after 40 minutes and their previous "Life Instruction" rather than a statement of deadlock. May be just some housekeeping before they really got down to business.

I am choosing to feel confident and sleep a bit more soundly tonight :)

Ok I heard the judge .... But how would someone have access to the actual note
I'm confused.

Puff, puff, puff....caught up again. Here's how I imagine an interview with her would go IF she told even a fraction of the truth:

Q: Have you become aware of how sensational this trial has become across the country, and across the world?

Her Answer: Gradually I’ve become aware of it. I’m still probably not aware of the entire scope.

Her REAL answer: He// yeah, I’m bigger than Kim Kardashian’s belly right now. I’m definitely sensational….like duh.

Q: The perception is, fair or unfair, that you became this jealous, enraged almost fatal attraction kind of character. Is that you?

Her Answer: No. In fact it’s hard to keep a straight face when I hear that. I don’t know where that came from.

Her REAL answer: I like so worship Glenn Close. She kicked Michael Douglas’ *advertiser censored** in that movie. Uhm, I really like my attorney Jen. Have you ever seen the movie Single White Female?

Q: What about your attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott. What do you think about the job they did for you?

Her Answer: I think they worked very hard, and I appreciate all of their hard work.

Her REAL answer: They. Are. Toast. I am so throwing them under the bus for how this whole trial thingy turned out.

Q: What was your reaction when the jury came back with a unanimous decision of murder in the first degree?

Her Answer: I’m trying to think how I could describe it. I think that it felt like a huge sense of unreality.

Her REAL answer: I rolled with it, and now I'm all like on TV again and stuff which is so awesome. And I know my whole “blame it on my family” strategy is going to totally turn this jury around. I mean, what’s a girl to do? You might as well just smile and say cheese.

"Just because I've lied before it doesn't make me a liar." ~ Lying torture-murderess

You're not. She did say that, I've heard it several times now. The controversy involves what the actual question from the jury read. The Court tweet linked above does not say the same thing the Judge said. Which is right? I know I don't know.

Sorry, but I have to go with JSS' interpretation. She would not misread something so important. jmo

I'm concerned, irrationally perhaps, that the action of smoking will send me back to the real thing. And they are expensive. I have saved $700 in 3 months by not smoking. It's all going toward a trip to Europe, but if I keep packing on the lbs., I won't make it to Europe anyway.

I've had the will power to quit smoking but have very little will power over chocolate. :crying:

Okay -- don't use them. Sounds a bit too much like you are orally fixated on them, nicotine notwithstanding. Not worth going back to cigarettes. You can lose weight a lot easier than quitting smoking -- and it's going to be a lot less of a health risk in the long run no matter what. But it's none of my business!

I'm assuming you mean by non-sidebar related posts. Normally, we have a lot of fun in here...you too, if I recall.... Guess some folks want "on topic" conversations even in here.

Yes. There is no Trial Topic thread open right now. If it really bugs the sidebar folks then I will call it a night! I really need the sleep anyhoo. Fifth grade graduation at 7:45 tomorrow!
Didn't mean to upset folks. Sorry!

Thanks, S5 for addressing it....

So after deliberating the whole day, the general consensus is that it was a juror question about verdict protocol, and not a true deadlock? JSS made a mistake or assumed the jury was saying they were deadlocked, or they asked for some clarification?

I'm confuzzled. :facepalm:

That was the theory that seemed to make the most sense of the actual (verbatim) juror question. But just now I re-listened to JSS's response---which, of course, she gave only after talking to counsel at the bench---and it is hard to believe that she and the state and the defense were all confused.

It would have been a big mistake because of the suffering it caused the Alexander family. How could it have been made? On the flip side, how could the jury have been telling the court they were deadlocked so early in deliberations?

not to be a buttinski but i quit with chantix after smoking forever........

it was easier than i thought........i NEVER thought i would quit.....

good luck, you can do it and stay a quitter :D

Not a buttinski at all. Thank you for the encouragement!

I apologize for going off topic, thought sidebar allowed that.

WTH jean saying she doesn't think all the jurors wanted first degree because some looked defiant and now those who didn't want first degree are holding out I have always respected her opinion but she keeps rubbing me the wrong way like shes hoping there is a hold out ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grnturtle