SIDEBAR #50 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to go to have a Functional Capacity Exam this morning, requested by the Defense in my Worker's Comp case. This was my 4th one in 6 years, as the Defense (my former employer) keeps trying to send me back to work. Every one of their experts they have sent me to have stated I could not work, even part time. My back is royally screwed up and I have pretty excruciating pain all day, every day.

I rarely travel, so when I do, I have to stress dose on steroids, which I hate. For KCL's shower, I was on 24 mg/day, just so I could sit on a plane and be able to celebrate her day. I have weaned off since then and as I do, the pain roars back. I have a huge pain threshold and I don't complain about the pain, because who wants to hear it? I can tolerate a lot, but today, having to perform these tasks, without benefit of steroids or pain meds, I cried. I cussed too. More out of frustration than anything else.

They ask you questions about what you can and can't do. I have compensated for so long, I have no conscious clue as to what I do. I guess they think a 58 year old person with a very screwed up back, gets better with age and time. Wrong. They don't like paying me a lot of money every month and could care less about me as a person. There is no recourse for people on WC, as the insurance industry rules without much regulation. Thank you Big Money/PACS/Lobbyists.

Sorry for the Rant. I needed to vent to my friends. Xo

Oh Zuri, that is awful! That's exactly why I didn't go the WC route. I knew from hearing all these horror stories about WC while I was reading in different Spinal forums that I didn't have the energy to fight with them, plus I was also a single mom at the time and couldn't play their games financially. I had worked since I was 17 at the same place, and already had 30 years in so I just filed for plain old disability per my surgeons request. I was very fortunate to have been approved on the first try at age 47.

I know 110% and without a doubt in my mind, or even my surgeons mind that my neck injury had to have happened at work.

I cannot imagine you having to go through all that bull$hit already 4 times in 6 years! That's just CRAZY! Just filing out the form to continue SSD every once in awhile mentally drains me. Stupid questions like, what do you do during the day??? I never know what to write.
And you are so right about them not caring about you as a person. All these companies care about is making MONEY, it doesn't matter to them at all if you were/are a very good worker!

Sending healing hugs and I hope you feel better soon. Chronic pain is very hard to live with!

Just kinda venting here;
My BF did it again, alienated another person I had a good working relationship with for over 25 years, MY mechanic........AURGH!
BF was screwing around with his drive line for the last 2 weeks, he removed it twice and the last time he put it on, he either got a needle bearing or 2 on the bottom of the bearing cap, or didn't grease it up properly. Well, going to the bank on Friday, the bearing cap basically tore apart and destroyed not only the u-joint it was set in, but also the u-joint at the other end.
Being he was close in distance to MY mechanic, he took it there. He made some type of agreement with Blake. Evidently, he did not understand what that agreement was.
Blake basically told him to get off his business property this morning. BF called me and went on some "It was him, not me" story, and it's all about the dementia. Same story I've been hearing more frequently in the last 5 years. The BF turns into an Ahole, doesn't put a filter on his mouth, and friends I've had up here for ages just disappear. It's just getting worse.

I don't know how or if I can fix it with Blake. He's the guy I go for when there's a MAJOR vehicle issue, like one I need to take care of, an oil leak between the pulley and camshaft. Honestly, my neighbors up here avoid any interaction whatsoever with him, and he's done a damn good job of isolating me from just about everyone.

This totally sucks, I am so angry!!!!! :gaah:

I'm sure you can make amends with Blake. You're a good communicator, so I wouldn't sweat that too much. Maybe deliver an apology (on behalf of your BF) with some tasty baked goods?

Good luck!

I don't think Blake remembered me telling him about Don's condition when I talked to him about 4 months ago.......yep, I'm really doing some thinking on this one.

On no Bernina :frown: Surely Blake will remember if you call and remind him (unless he has dementia himself) :wink:

I can't offer any help other than what Zuri and Gigi have said to you. Maybe if you explain to Blake how sorry you are and to only deal with you personally from now on?

Is that a gold dust plant, Niner?

:happydance: Yeah Jane!! Yes!

and that Rhodudedron does has white flowers on it! Can't wait to see the orange flowers on the Tropicana Canna Lilly - I had no idea it had orange flowers - orange is my favorite color...

My Huz says " :gthanks: everyone that helped identify the plants" !! :skip:

:tyou:

Well, as a glutton for punishment, I have decided to re-breed my Thoroughbred mare. I am breeding her to Cartier R again as the dead filly was really perfect...:(. The filly looked just like her sire, who is drop dead gorgeous. If only... My vet will breed her on Wednesday, as the stallion will be collected tomorrow in Georgia and the semen shipped overnight via Fed Ex. Hopefully it won't get lost or delayed.

http://www.risingstarfarm.net/new/cartier-r/

I'll be keeping positive thoughts for your mare. Glad you decided to go forward with it again. You're not a glutton, you're "hopeful"!

What happened this last Spring has got to be a complete fluke of Nature......what are the chances?
And if you give up on your dreams, what do you have? Just an endless cycle of remodeling your kitchen! :floorlaugh:

Waiting for the weather to get "normal", Zuri is shedding something fierce but still looks like a fuzzy lamb, she's got a 50/50 mix of gray and dark brown body hair. It's like someone is out there slowly erasing her color every night!

And it "looks" like Star and Zubaz may have a young'n coming next spring. Split them up on the 28th of April, and not a sign of another heat from Star. Maybe Star and your mare will have foals next year around the same time!:happydance: As far as I know, Kissy is probably around 6 months along, gah. Stealth heat grrrrr. I guess the 2 figured it out the first 2 times I separated them........

Niner, that first plant is definitely a Canna. I am not sure it is Tropicana. My Tropicana does not have the bicolor leaves. JMO Mine are blooming now. You will have tons of these. They spread like crazy.

The third one I thought was a Rhododendron but don't you live where it is hot much of the year? They like cooler weather. At least a lot cooler than AZ.

Can you send Blake a card or cookies? I bet if he understands what you are dealing with, he would be very understanding. Many people don't recognize or understand dementia. Those afflicted deserve compassion, not anger, for they know not what they do. Xo

I took care of my mil the last eleven months of her life and she had Alzheimer. Some days were good, some days she only spoke Italian. She loved Happy Meals. She'd never had one before, and thought chicken nuggets were the greatest inventions, and ranch dressing just wowed her. She'd tell my dh to come try a nugget dipped in ranch everyday. She called my sister the "loud cook", and would confuse us at times. She told me one day that she wanted my sister to come visit her (she was living with one of my sister), and I asked her which one, and she thought for a moment and said the nice one.

One time we were looking at all the photo albums of her and her parents from Italy and when they traveled in Europe before coming to America, and would tell me stories about the trip. Everything about the trip. She said she got pregnant with my dh because the Germans wouldn't sell her apricots.

We"d taken her out of the nursing home and my sister last patient had died a few weeks before and she had a spare bedroom. All that Adilia asked me for was to find her a bedroom with a private bathroom, and things worked out that I could give that to her - I miss her everyday. And hope this year we'll do something with her ashes. I've dropped them on my foot twice.

Here's plant #2: the one with light yellow spots...

I just noticed that we both have the same railing on our porches. If I can figured out how, I want to take one of my porch swing and post it.

Hey all! Guess the Huz couldn't find any matches for these unidentified plants... so I told him to send me a copy and here are the plants he would like to know "what they are" - if any of you can tell us!!

TIA!
:wave:

I'll try and post each separately hoping it will be big picture and not a thumbnail...

That is bi colored leaf cana.

I took care of my mil the last eleven months of her life and she had Alzheimer. Some days were good, some days she only spoke Italian. She loved Happy Meals. She'd never had one before, and thought chicken nuggets were the greatest inventions, and ranch dressing just wowed her. She'd tell my dh to come try a nugget dipped in ranch everyday. She called my sister the "loud cook", and would confuse us at times. She told me one day that she wanted my sister to come visit her (she was living with one of my sister), and I asked her which one, and she thought for a moment and said the nice one.

One time we were looking at all the photo albums of her and her parents from Italy and when they traveled in Europe before coming to America, and would tell me stories about the trip. Everything about the trip. She said she got pregnant with my dh because the Germans wouldn't sell her apricots.

We"d taken her out of the nursing home and my sister last patient had died a few weeks before and she had a spare bedroom. All that Adilia asked me for was to find her a bedroom with a private bathroom, and things worked out that I could give that to her - I miss her everyday. And hope this year we'll do something with her ashes. I've dropped them on my foot twice.

Oh my goodness, what a touching story! Good on you for taking on all the responsibilities involved. I know it's not easy; it's truly a labor of love. But like most loving gestures, the payoff is in giving, not receiving.

ETA:

hahaha about dropping the urn on your foot. That's a healthy sense of humor (perspective) about things...

One hundred and thirty seven days - it's going fast.

1536 - Henry VIII;s second wife, Anne Boleyn is beheaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gQNO7OU7msg

1804 - Napoleon Bonaparte is named emperor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BGxFNtCPnB0

1920 - Man o' War wins the 46th Preakness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aESLobHGVeM

1927 - The Ritz Hotel opens in Boston.

( you knew I had to do it)

[video=youtube;co6-tYS9k1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=co6-tYS9k1U[/video]

1950 - 12 nations agree to the creation of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation / NATO a permanent organization for the defense of the United States and Europe. At the beginning Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Britain, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal and the United States joined.

1959 - Johnny Otis show "Castin' My Spell" hits the charts at #52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ch6rCaibNe8

1963 - Jimmy Soul hits the charts at #1 with If You Wanna Be Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gk3JbTjArUk

1964 - The Animals, release House Of The Rising Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5A-4VGfx5lU

1967 - The Beatles release 'Sgt Pepper's' album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=...5XJkk&feature=player_detailpage&v=3fbxUmYBwcM

1972 - Me & The Chimp airs last show. Isn't that Donald? That Girls boyfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dcjCAV0atUA

1973 - Paul Simon released 'Kodachrome' it was named after the Kodak 35mm film Kodachrome. it tops the charts at #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wZpaNJqF4po

1978 - Dire Straits released their first major label single 'Sultans Of Swing',

and this one has Clapton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6jxsnIRpy2E

1980 - The Mount St. Helens volcano in Washington state erupts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UK--hvgP2uY

1981 - Sting is was named songwriter of the year at the 26th Ivor Novello Awards. (One of my favorites)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Dnj1zshmTE0

1985 - "One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head hits #3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P9mwELXPGbA

2003 - "Les Miserables," the third-longest running show in Broadway history, closed after more than 16 years and 6,680 performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jca_p_3FcWA

Oh my goodness, what a touching story! Good on you for taking on all the responsibilities involved. I know it's not easy; it's truly a labor of love. But like most loving gestures, the payoff is in giving, not receiving.

ETA:

hahaha about dropping the urn on your foot. That's a healthy sense of humor (perspective) about things...

Pages, I was going to reply with something similar to what Gigi said, but her words were perfect.
So, yeah ~ what Gigi said...that's the ticket :smile:

Ryan has left the hospital and refuse rehab. He wants no communication with his family...that tells me he is drinking. *sigh*
That is the first sign of his drinking pattern. He will call one of us up when he is drunk and either cry and say he is sorry or tell us all the wrongs he thinks we did him as a child or cuss us out! Oh well...nothing I can do about it, it's just I'm so tired of it.

On the brighter side of my life...after 10 days of high pollen count, the next 4 days will be awesome!! Pollen count will be in the 2.8 ranges...I can go outside :)

No baby birds yet...she's still nesting. Seems like it has been a long time.

Hope everyone has such an awesome day :)

Dmacky: I knew you lived in KY! My mind had a 'fart' when I posted Ohio :)

Aw, dear cj.....:therethere::heartbeat: Sending positive thoughts your way. Praying that Ryan figures it out for himself. So many of us know what you're going through; we've been down that road many times. *sigh* You take care of YOU, 'k? We need you here!
:loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member