SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
As closely scrutinized as Sheriff Joe is, I rather doubt "he" receives anything. If payment is made and the money put into the care of the jail and it's inhabitants - bloody good for him. JMO but every jail should be figuring out how to make their own money to pay for the cost of housing criminals, rather than the taxpayers.

Obviously he's not putting the media money into his pocket...That said it is quite common for people in Mgt positions like he is to recieve bonuses at the end of the year for running things at or under budget.

And I disagree with the "do anything for money" sentiment. For example this murderer should not be granted interviews from prison no matter the price paid. Also disagree with "for profit" prisons, its right on the edge of the slippery slope that requires clients (prisoners) for the business (prison) to be profitable... JMO

The convict learning to speak Spanish is purely motivated by the need for another survival tool in AZ prison system. The other inmates know she is half Hispanic and she is a sitting duck for violence and gang hate against her from other Hispanics that will see her as Caucasian if she doesn't speak Spanish. She is smart enough to know that she HAS to learn the language to lessen the hate from other Hispanics. She will then have the ability to chameleon between the whites and the mexicans a little bit easier if she appears more 'legit' with the Hispanics, if she ever ends up in GP as a lifer. So this offer to teach others Spanish really is not a true mitigating factor.. it is entirely a self-serving motive disguised as a selfless act of generosity. She is such a giver. Haha.

Uh...huh? She has to learn the language to "lessen the hate from other Hispanics?" Where did that come from? Many Hispanics go in without Spanish and come out with the same or maybe a little more than when they came in...what makes her any different than them? I don't know where this racial and moving between races thing comes into play...not all prisoners segregate themselves by race and for a good many prisoners its what you did and how long you are in for that matter more in the pecking order.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I suspect the sign language also has a fair amount of benefit as well, if one assumes the guards do not know how to sign. Coniving little weasel activites are what she knows best, no surprise.

thanks for this........I was wondering why she would learn and teach sign language, couldn't understand couldn't imagine there was a great need for it in prison...but, now I see.....inmates learn it to communicate without authorities understanding, etc... what a *advertiser censored* she truly is.

Dawn, in the beginning of my career I worked as a counselor in a minimum security prison, I was there for approximately 2 years--5 years later one of the inmates I counseled had somehow obtained enough information about me and showed up on my doorstep. :scared:

Those type of experiences along with the research I do and the population I'm exposed to has me extremely cautious and a little paranoid :facepalm:.

I only opened this account on WS's after months of indecision and still worry about it honestly. I just would never open a twitter account. It would be great if I could email him, have looked for a way to do so but no luck.

Oh wow - thanks for the heads up - I totally agree and very much appreciate your concerns and want you to stay safe. The work you do is extremely important but your safety definitely comes first!!!!!

As closely scrutinized as Sheriff Joe is, I rather doubt "he" receives anything. If payment is made and the money put into the care of the jail and it's inhabitants - bloody good for him. JMO but every jail should be figuring out how to make their own money to pay for the cost of housing criminals, rather than the taxpayers.

:clap: :clap:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/04/sheriff-joe-arpaio-inmates-meals_n_2806388.html

There's no such thing as a free lunch and for inmates in jails around Phoenix, there won't be free breakfasts or dinner either.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the controversial Arizona lawman, announced that beginning this month Maricopa County inmates would be charged $1 for their meals, according to ABC15.

It's more expensive to feed inmates,

SNIPPED

Anything that makes existing more difficult for ja is GREAT with me!!

That is absurd! Inmates medical care is paid for by the state, so if someone cannot afford to buy meals and they starve or get sick, ACLU will probably get involve and medical costs will increase.

Is Arpaio saying $1.00 flat fee or $1.00 per meal or $1.00/day?

ETA: just read the article: $1.00/day. I think Arpaio like media time and attention!

Uh...huh? She has to learn the language to "lessen the hate from other Hispanics?" Where did that come from? Many Hispanics go in without Spanish and come out with the same or maybe a little more than when they came in...what makes her any different than them? I don't know where this racial and moving between races thing comes into play...not all prisoners segregate themselves by race and for a good many prisoners its what you did and how long you are in for that matter more in the pecking order.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Should she segregate herself with the whites or mexicans? She is both. It would be a benefit to her to speak spanish to be more accepted by the mexican inmates. As a half mexican she is in a bit of a quandry in the prison setting as to choosing a group. She will try to walk the line in the middle, she needs the Spanish language to do that. Yes, she will learn it as many do in prison, but to offer spanish language lessons to others is a hoot and a farce.

As far as i'm concerned the mitigating factors are not a factor for me personally.

She continues to manipulate, and when she gave her statement, she sounded like she was reading an essay in 8th grade.

Although, part of me would like to see her grow old in jail and just end up being a #.

Obviously he's not putting the media money into his pocket...That said it is quite common for people in Mgt positions like he is to recieve bonuses at the end of the year for running things at or under budget.

And I disagree with the "do anything for money" sentiment. For example this murderer should not be granted interviews from prison no matter the price paid. Also disagree with "for profit" prisons, its right on the edge of the slippery slope that requires clients (prisoners) for the business (prison) to be profitable... JMO

Nothing wrong with a bonus for doing a good job - its called motivation. Never said anything about jails or prisons for that matter being ran for profit. However, I see nothing wrong with inmates who freely decided to break the law having to perform functions within the prison setting which helps toward maintaining themselves instead of the rest of the population having to pay the consequences of the inmates decisions. I disagree with the "do nothing" sentiment for choosing to break the law and causing havoc to innocent people who do obey the law. Perhaps learning how to work for something isn't all bad...

I wouldn't worry much about what the bloody little murderer is doing. By now she is having three way conversations with herself (spanish, english, and sign) and is rabidly complaining about the Arizona Supreme Court betraying her with their refusal to allow a special action to take the DP off the table. All that paper she has, I'm pretty sure that between conversations and yoga activities she is probably figuring out how to do origami, already up to paper airplanes and knives I suspect.

:floorlaugh: :lol: Let's not forget that Jodi is ambidextrous, so her right hand can talk to her left hand, and vice versa.

Artist that she is, Jodi can create a puppet from her pillow and blanket and master the fine art of ventriloquism during her incarceration. Jodi can pretend that the puppet that she manipulates any way she wants is one of her attorneys or the prosecutor questioning her on the witness stand. By the time of the retrial, Jodi will be well-rehearsed for her role. :D

Nothing wrong with a bonus for doing a good job - its called motivation. Never said anything about jails or prisons for that matter being ran for profit. However, I see nothing wrong with inmates who freely decided to break the law having to perform functions within the prison setting which helps toward maintaining themselves instead of the rest of the population having to pay the consequences of the inmates decisions. I disagree with the "do nothing" sentiment for choosing to break the law and causing havoc to innocent people who do obey the law. Perhaps learning how to work for something isn't all bad...

Egg-zactly. You choose to break the law, suffer the consequences. Period.

Dawn, in the beginning of my career I worked as a counselor in a medium security prison, I was there for approximately 2 years--5 years later one of the inmates I counseled had somehow obtained enough information about me and out of the blue showed up on my doorstep. :scared:

Those type of experiences along with the research I do and the population I'm exposed to has me extremely cautious and a little paranoid :facepalm:.

I only opened this account on WS's after months of indecision and still worry about it honestly. I just would never open a twitter account. It would be great if I could email him, have looked for a way to do so but no luck.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/#cnn_FBKHLN

Hi TXProfessional, Butting in here, hope you don't mind.

I email Dr. Drew often (often!!, lol) and I use the address I linked. Just PM me if you need further instructions.

Hope this helps. You have important information and ideas to share with Dr. Drew. :seeya:

To all WS-ers trying to figure out how the lying torture-murderess will add value by teaching Spanish and making t-shirts...

Seriously?

Jodi Ann Arias only ever cared about Jodi Ann Arias.

That pap was only for the jury's consumption -- nothing else.

I wouldn't dignify it with serious consideration or discussion.

But that's just mean ol' me bein' mean ol' me.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/#cnn_FBKHLN

Hi TXProfessional, Butting in here, hope you don't mind.

I email Dr. Drew often (often!!, lol) and I use the address I linked. Just PM me if you need further instructions.

Hope this helps. You have important information and ideas to share with Dr. Drew. :seeya:

:seeya:Dum-Dum, wow that felt weird writing/calling you that!!!

Thanks for the info and the support :blushing:. I'm off to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966