Sidebar Discussion #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess it's okay for the attorney of the defendant to make money off of the death of a child. That makes sense.
I'm not getting why some have a bug up their b*$$ about Ashton. You can't say the guy didn't fight like the devil to get justice for Caylee. He was one member of the team...why single him out? Cause he wrote a great book and Baez didn't? Personally, I don't know how the man contained himself throughout most of the trial. I wanted to cry everytime Baez was speaking. It was soooo painful to watch. Good for Jeff...he was able to turn that frown upside down. lol

I know, I know, I can't help it. It infuriates me. I appreciate people with opposing opinions and I mean, I DO have an open mind, but not so open that my brains are spilling out. I hate to feed trolls, but I also feel like I just need to speak to some things, you know, like racism, hatred, and flat out stupidity. But you're right... deep breathing exercise..walking away..
oxoxoxoxo

What if she met with him before the first 911 call?

I've always wondered why JB, who is an admitted rookie lawyer, would be in a position to take on case of this magnatude, when it was clear that she, nor her parents, had no funds to pay him, and he clearly was not rolling in dough to fund her defense. Do lawyers, with two morgatges, a business and a growing family, traditionaly work for free?

Zippity your post has made me wonder why it is legal in any sense as to why JB was allowed to be lead defense of a DP case in the first place. AZLawyer are you around to help me understand this?

ok thank you for your opinion and answering the question again. I can see your scenario as a possibility: omg she's dead what do I do how long has she been dead it's my fault what what what I'll put her in the trunk of the car how do I explain she's been dead "x" amount of time before I called 911 omg - But, if Casey was a wonderful mother, loved Caylee dearly at some point there would be sadness, remorse, mourning and feelings of guilt that she didn't couldn't save her from whatever that accident was. Instead we have seen the opposite. I tend to believe that Mothers, Mothers that love their child, if their child drowned in the pool and they found them hours later, that Mother would still try to revive the child, would still call 911 hoping they could revive the child. I tend to believe that their first and only concern would be revive the child by whatever means and help from anyone, 911, a neighbor. I tend to believe that a Mother that would initially cover up and continue to hide their child's death is hiding something that does not equate to an accident. moo

Remember Dr. G's comment? She said "we see accidental deaths all the time with children not being supervised. They all call 911. Mothers high on crack call 911. 3 year olds call 911. It is just what you do if it is an accident".

Love that woman!

god in heaven... :sick:

How can any Casey supporter watch that and still claim that Caylee died accidentally?!?!

Watching that brought instant tears to my eyes and physically made my heart ache for Caylee, and she's not even my daughter.

God in Heaven is right. There has GOT to be a special place in Hell for Casey Anthony, there just has to be!

Zippity your post has made me wonder why it is legal in any sense as to why JB was allowed to be lead defense of a DP case in the first place. AZLawyer are you around to help me understand this?

Because Mason is death qualified...not sure if Baez was officially "first chair" or if he just took that role in appearance.
I'm sure AZ will give you a "more real" answer when she's back next...

Speaking of laughing-- :innocent:

2yukmzk.jpg

Just thought I would say :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I do not understand your posts, this one, nor the previous one of "just checking in, SSDD".

This is the sidebar thread, supposedly a place, or so I thought, kindly provided so that we may still discuss the issues of this case.

What gives?

. . . and here's another interesting snippet (BBM):

"What do you want people to know about you?

I don’t want people to think I only take big cases. I always say, ‘No case is too big, and no case is too small.’ It’s no longer about a national story or getting recognition: it’s about working hard and seeking justice for our clients."

It's no longer about stories and recognition? Is that an admission then, that Jose is making? Sure sounds like it to me! :floorlaugh:
...and I walked away thinking that he's not getting the big cases (as I'm sure he hoped), probably not even the small cases he's requesting...therefore he's got nada.

Because Mason is death qualified...not sure if Baez was officially "first chair" or if he just took that role in appearance.
I'm sure AZ will give you a "more real" answer when she's back next...

I believe a privately retained attorney doesn't have to be death penalty-qualified under the Florida rule--only a court-appointed attorney. But either way, he had death penalty-qualified people "on board" all along, IIRC.

There is no official "first chair" position. The attorneys just divide tasks among themselves.

Wouldn't a drowning count as an accidental death?

After all,

Drowning kills more American children 1 to 4 years old than any cause except birth defects, according to a new federal report.

Half of those children drown in swimming pools. And males are victims four times as often as females, the report by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found.

http://www.walb.com/story/18502498/drowning-is-leading-cause-of-kids-accidental-death-cdc

If you use statistics to support your drowning theory, you must also use the statistic that 100% of the victims parents called 911.

Why do you think that OCA didn't do that?

I do not understand your posts, this one, nor the previous one of "just checking in, SSDD".

This is the sidebar thread, supposedly a place, or so I thought, kindly provided so that we may still discuss the issues of this case.

What gives?
I'm not TO, but my take is that the obscurity may arise from TO's attempt to comment with extreme restraint, so as not to risk disciplinary action or banishment.

SSDD = http://pc.net/acronyms/meaning/ssdd

:banghead: x infinity = poster's reaction to SSDD

JMO

The point is one or two mistakes are acceptable but the whole book is full of information that is not factual. JB was there, everyday. If you are going to write a book about facts that are documented and you still get it wrong where is there any credibility regarding the book as a whole. There is none.

The fact is there are 53 posts regarding inconsistencies in his book. I have seen 0 for JA's book. JB's book sale's ranking shows that most people really do not want to listen to his lies. If they do they will probably show up to his book signing and be willing to swallow whatever he is dishing out for their enjoyment. I would prefer to hear the truth and as we all know the truth and ANYTHING that has to do with the Anthony's are strangers. jmo
...and if anyone was following the sidebar before the thread opened they would have seen a lot of the factual information discussed (and cited) that discredited statements made by Baez, ie...the time line.

I believe a privately retained attorney doesn't have to be death penalty-qualified under the Florida rule--only a court-appointed attorney. But either way, he had death penalty-qualified people "on board" all along, IIRC.

There is no official "first chair" position. The attorneys just divide tasks among themselves.

With respect - are you sure about not being death penalty qualified for either in Florida? I remember reading that he needed one for the actual trial - could have been RH ....will have to check my old info.

How come Linda Drane Burdick was the Lead Prosecutor? Because it was the SA office? Thanks in advance..:seeya:

What gives?

Sorry you don't get it.
I know this is the sidebar.
Nevermind.

This is totally off topic but I had to share with you.wonderful folks. My daughter is now engaged, to an absolutely wonderful man. They have been dating for almost 7 years so we know him and his family very well. Both families are very happy about this.

Congratulations to your daughter and her partner, all the best for the future

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members