CO Sierra Arapkiles, 28, 9 months pregnant, last seen in group home, Westminster group home, 21 Feb 2024

Missing pregnant Parker woman last seen in February, friends plea for her return​

iends and family are pleading for the return of a missing Parker woman.

One of Sierra Arapkiles’ best friends said the 28-year-old pregnant woman was last seen Feb. 21 after being dropped off at a Westminster “pregnancy house for single moms.”

“She was dropped off at a place to stay while she was pregnant,” friend Jamie Dostal said. “She went inside, and no one’s heard from her since.”

One of Sierra Arapkiles’ best friends said the 28-year-old pregnant woman was last seen Feb. 21 after being dropped off at a Westminster “pregnancy house for single moms.”

“She was dropped off at a place to stay while she was pregnant,” friend Jamie Dostal said. “She went inside, and no one’s heard from her since.”

Dostal said Arapkiles had recently met a man from Saguache County, and she wonders whether there is a connection to the disappearance.

She went inside and none's heard from her since????

What the heck happened? And what is a 'pregnancy house' for single moms?

Did someone lure her there and steal her baby?

Moo..like a homeless shelter but set up for pregnant women? Or like a transition house if you're leaving a bad relationship, something like that I am guessing. There would be a check in process....moo

Moo..like a homeless shelter but set up for pregnant women? Or like a transition house if you're leaving a bad relationship, something like that I am guessing. There would be a check in process....moo
It just seems sad that if she was already 9 months along, couldn't she stay with family or friends and then find a place to live afterwards? IDK, something is missing from the story?

Sounds very 1950s to me. The kind of place were the kids were swiftly whisked off to adoption... but maybe I'm getting the wrong impression.

Exactly WHO dropped her off? Exactly WHEN? At what address? Is this place licensed by the State? Does it have a name?
Good questions. The friend who dropped her off has filed a MISSING person's report with the police. So LE will have checked that location first thing, I'm sure.

The question then is, did she actually check in and begin to stay there, or not?

When I googled the info we have, this is the place that pops up in Westminster, CO, designed for pregnant women in need:

Aspen Miracle Center . (Learn more in the first story in this series.)

Aspen Miracle Center is on a quiet block in Westminster, Colo., in an unassuming building that looks like a giant, renovated home. Inside, pregnant people with substance use disorders are working toward sobriety in the weeks and months leading up to their deliveries.

They share rooms, cook meals together and participate in various classes and therapy geared toward helping them leave behind the drugs and alcohol they were using to start on a new sober path.

Women who enter the program at the Aspen Miracle Center typically stay between 60 and 90 days, though some stay longer or return after their children are born. Aspen Miracle Center, run by Mile High Behavioral Health, is one of seven residential treatment programs in Colorado for Medicaid-eligible pregnant people, called Special Connections.

In Colorado, overdose is the second leading cause of death for pregnant and postpartum people. Advocates say more treatment options are needed to save pregnant people’s lives, and each of the seven facilities has limited capacity for pregnant people and their other children. Aspen Miracle Center has capacity for 16 adults and any children they have who are under the age of 2.

Aspen Miracle Center often has a waitlist because there are many people in need and because getting people admitted to the program has its barriers. Most patients accepted into the inpatient program are about seven months pregnant, though some reach out just weeks into pregnancy.

When I googled the info we have, this is the place that pops up in Westminster, CO, designed for pregnant women in need:

Aspen Miracle Center . (Learn more in the first story in this series.)

Aspen Miracle Center is on a quiet block in Westminster, Colo., in an unassuming building that looks like a giant, renovated home. Inside, pregnant people with substance use disorders are working toward sobriety in the weeks and months leading up to their deliveries.

They share rooms, cook meals together and participate in various classes and therapy geared toward helping them leave behind the drugs and alcohol they were using to start on a new sober path.

Women who enter the program at the Aspen Miracle Center typically stay between 60 and 90 days, though some stay longer or return after their children are born. Aspen Miracle Center, run by Mile High Behavioral Health, is one of seven residential treatment programs in Colorado for Medicaid-eligible pregnant people, called Special Connections.

In Colorado, overdose is the second leading cause of death for pregnant and postpartum people. Advocates say more treatment options are needed to save pregnant people’s lives, and each of the seven facilities has limited capacity for pregnant people and their other children. Aspen Miracle Center has capacity for 16 adults and any children they have who are under the age of 2.

Aspen Miracle Center often has a waitlist because there are many people in need and because getting people admitted to the program has its barriers. Most patients accepted into the inpatient program are about seven months pregnant, though some reach out just weeks into pregnancy.

Given some of the posted pictures of her being pregnant....
I would just think she should have delivered by now....

The second missing persons flier in the original post says due May 21st. Assuming that’s accurate I think they’re saying she’d be 8-9 months now, so around 6 months when she was last seen in February.

The second missing persons flier in the original post says due May 21st. Assuming that’s accurate I think they’re saying she’d be 8-9 months now, so around 6 months when she was last seen in February.
That would be good news if it is accurate. I hope she is just chilling somewhere and will seek help when the baby is due.

It’s crazy to me that this is just being reported. Why wait so long, especially when she’s pregnant? Does the home have a rule of some sort that she’s not allowed to communicate with people after checking in? I wonder if the home has confirmed if she checked in or not. How sad, I hope she and the baby are found safe.

MOD NOTE: If a member is close to this case and would like to share what they know to be true without a link, we invite them to apply for VERIFIED INSIDER status. The hows and whys are explained here. If you are approved, and it takes several days for your application to be processed, it will say so on your avatar next to your posts AND you may post the info you know without substantiation. Members are free to accept or discount what you post, but they are NOT PERMITTED to challenge or argue with you. UNLESS/UNTIL you are approved for VI status, posts that contain inside info are subject to removal. Once you are approved, they may be reinstated.

At this time there are no Verified Insiders approved for this case.
IF/WHEN there is an approved VI for this case, WS admin will announce it here.
Posts containing inside info without verification have been removed and/or modsnipped.
Posts that quote and reply/refer to those must also be removed.

I wonder if this is her first child?

Facebook - Sierra Sunshine
Her likes on the replies on her FB posts asking about someone wanting to hang out and talking about doing hair later that week on 2/20 don't seem like the kind of posts of someone planning to last be seen the following day.

Also interesting, her post from early Feb looks like she was possibly planning to leave the state of CO (she was inquiring about health insurance coverage ASAP but for out of state)

“Dostal said Arapkiles had recently met a man from Saguache County, and she wonders whether there is a connection to the disappearance.”

[…]

“Dostal says Arapkiles’ baby is due May 21.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic