CO Sierra Arapkiles, 28, 9 months pregnant, last seen in group home, Westminster group home, 21 Feb 2024

Missing pregnant Parker woman last seen in February, friends plea for her return​

iends and family are pleading for the return of a missing Parker woman.

One of Sierra Arapkiles’ best friends said the 28-year-old pregnant woman was last seen Feb. 21 after being dropped off at a Westminster “pregnancy house for single moms.”

“She was dropped off at a place to stay while she was pregnant,” friend Jamie Dostal said. “She went inside, and no one’s heard from her since.”

In the video at the first qbove quote, her friend says “she never went inside” and because the man “brainwashed” her that they would take her baby away.

However, the second quote says otherwise, that she did go inside.

Which is it?

—-

Eta: will go by first source, since it is her same friend referenced in both quotes?

Last edited:
Bringing fwd reference:

5a750d70-0f76-4b28-9e1c-b661331c45b8-jpeg.496865

img_7404-jpeg.496866

—-

Apr 12, 2024 / 09:18 PM MDT
Sierra Arapkiles, of Parker, has been missing since February, when she was dropped off at a Westminster pregnancy center. FOX31's Greg Nieto hears her loved ones' plea for her return.

Last edited:
It’s crazy to me that this is just being reported. Why wait so long, especially when she’s pregnant? Does the home have a rule of some sort that she’s not allowed to communicate with people after checking in? I wonder if the home has confirmed if she checked in or not. How sad, I hope she and the baby are found safe.
I could see that legitimately being the case under one circumstance, and that's if she's involved in a domestic violence situation. (This, in fact, is the #1 most common reason for kicking women out of DV shelters - contacting the abuser.)

“Dostal said they are working with a Parker Police Department detective. A spokesperson for the department said they are “actively working” on the case, and anyone with information is urged to contact the Parker Police Department.”

So since Parker Police has not been majorly pleading to the public for information via media, SM, press conferences, etc., they must have the leads they need at the moment to conduct their investigation for the time being imo. Either that or their dept needs work on getting the word out.

In the above video, the reporter says at the end that Parker PD commented that this case is on their “radar” and they are “actively” working it.

Normally, there would be a stronger police plea to the public for information for a missing pregnant woman, imo, so I’m inclined to believe they are on a trail.

—-

Anything on their twitter?
Parker PD:

Last edited:
Apparently her due date is not until May 21st. But there is still some confusion about that---I'm hoping that is accurate because she might just be laying low somewhere for now.
I got the impression from the poster that she was 8 months pregnant when she went missing, but if the due date is indeed May 21st, that makes more sense.

I'm getting the feeling that LE is focusing on someone she's been seeing, maybe even the father of the unborn baby? If so, we probably won't hear much unless they put out a photo of a car or a person to BOLO for.

PARKER, Colo. — Every week, Jim Arapkiles could expect a phone call from his youngest daughter, Sierra. Living in New Jersey, calls were the easiest way to check in on his daughter, who lives in Parker.

Jim's daughter-in-law, Kim, told 9NEWS she last spoke to Sierra on Feb. 15. She said Sierra was excited about going to her daughter's upcoming birthday party.

He said it isn't just Sierra's well-being he's concerned about. He's also worried about his unborn grandchild, due in one month.
"She’s ready to have another baby," Jim said.

Stepping in to provide support to the Arapkiles family is Lafayette nonprofit organizer Britney Hartman. She runs Justice Takes Flight, which supports loved ones of missing persons in Colorado.

Parker Police said they are investigating the whereabouts of Sierra and have shared a bulletin with other state law enforcement agencies. Westminster is listed as Sierra's last known location on Britney's flyer, but Westminster police said they do not have any active reports for her.

Long article -- more at link.

Sounds very 1950s to me. The kind of place were the kids were swiftly whisked off to adoption... but maybe I'm getting the wrong impression.
Having been a birth mom, I'm familiar and have volunteered at such places. A lot of young women don't have any place to go, and have NO support system from family and that's not limited to just "teen moms". The facilities work with them for the best possible outcomes, sometimes it's adoption (as it was in my case, I was just 18 and had just lost my Mom to cancer), and sometimes it's help with housing, job skills, baby supplies so they can raise the child. I have found in the ones I know that they respect the mother's personal choice with regard to adoption, and encourage and support them as they create and pursue their own parenting plan or adoption plan.

Last paragraph:
“On Tuesday, the day after this story was published, Parker Police said Sierra's family told them that Sierra contacted the family early Tuesday morning. The department said their case would remain open until a law enforcement officer could confirm that report.”

Hoping this is true and that she is safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine2u49
Back