Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Did I read that someone took time to stack up the 13 shell casings? Also, could you tell me how they were stacked? This has always stuck with me as odd...

I have read about this also but I don't know if it is true. If true I assume it means the casings were in a pile instead of scattered on the ground like they would have fallen naturally. If they were grouped like somebody had placed them there that is indeed odd.

I have read about this also but I don't know if it is true. If true I assume it means the casings were in a pile instead of scattered on the ground like they would have fallen naturally. If they were grouped like somebody had placed them there that is indeed odd.

Hello~
I have followed this case from the beginning. I do not remember reading the shell casings were stacked on top of each other. That does not mean it didn't happen ~ my memory is not what it used to be. :rolleyes:

I believe this crime happened very quickly and I would doubt someone would take the time to stack shell casings. Again, jmo.

I don't think it's a proven fact either. I don't think anyone would have the time to stack the shell casings IMO.

Thank you for the welcome, KP. I also think this happened quickly, which is why I wondered why someone would take the time to stack the shells. It must have been something else that I was reading on another thread. Sorry to bring this up wrongly. Could it be possible there were two vehicles? POI in a white truck and some younger persons in another car, perhaps buying/selling drugs. The girls might have walked upon this.

Thank you for the welcome, KP. I also think this happened quickly, which is why I wondered why someone would take the time to stack the shells. It must have been something else that I was reading on another thread. Sorry to bring this up wrongly. Could it be possible there were two vehicles? POI in a white truck and some younger persons in another car, perhaps buying/selling drugs. The girls might have walked upon this.

Hello Houndacres and Welcome!
Please do not apologize for your opinons and theories. That is what makes WS so great. All of us "throwing out" our opinions and thoughts. I believe drugs were involved in this crime. I just do not know to what degree or to what exact nature.

I agree with you about it happening quickly, Hound. That road is more travelled than I figured it would be... When we were there, a car was driving by, on average, about every 10 minutes. I do remember reading something like that in another thread too, though, so no need to apologize :p ... I just don't remember where it's posted. The "walking into something they shouldn't have seen" theory is just one of many possibilities at this point. I'm not totally convinced drugs were involved in the girls' murders, but I cannot honestly rule it out either. Everything is a possibility, because we know so little for sure. :(

There was a similar case here and the community was outraged due to lack of information that was being released. Many were critical of local LE and took it to mean that nothing was being done. Eventually, an arrest and conviction was gotten. LE felt it was better to sit on info while they looked for everything then needed to make an arrest. I think this is the case here.

I know that I'm not adding anything new here that hasn't already been discussed. However, since reading this thread, I can't get the girls out of my mind! I look at the girls in my 5th grade class and think about Skyla and Taylor. I still keep coming back to the conflict they were having with some classmates. It is very common for family members/older friends to get involved. I've even seen parents get involved.

Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself and make my first post. I have been a lurker for some time now, reading all the threads related to this case. I live in a small, rural town in Indiana and have taught for 22 years. I teach 5th grade. I find nothing odd about the girls taking along a purse on their walk. I also have two girls (now 21 & 22) and a 14 year old son. It would not be uncommon for the girls to take trinkets, lip gloss, and other treasures when going for a walk.
I was touched by your walk and the tribute each made to the girls. I am disappointed that this case has not been highlighted more often in the public’s eye. Did I read that someone took time to stack up the 13 shell casings? Also, could you tell me how they were stacked? This has always stuck with me as odd. I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I couldn’t find it. My thoughts and prayers are with the girls and their families.
KB

Welcome Houndacres. Thank you for your interest in this case and sharing your thoughts with us!!

I have the hardest time trying to understand why the people of the Weleetka area aren't demanding justice, banging on the door of the sheriff asking, "What have you done to find these killers?" This would at least bring some attention via the newspapers and television stations around if they started making a big ruckus. I honestly think this case will be swept under the rug and forgotten. They obviously don't want help from the public because they never release any information. Any little tidbits they might release could trigger a memory of something that someone though totally unimportant.

We are all wondering the same thing! The media really doesn't seem to be interested in this case anymore. Sad, but true. After our trip to Weleetka, we heard from the locals that Nancy Grace's crew was there. We have yet to see why they were there. There has been no new news on this story on her show. She's too busy talking about the Anthony case day after day after day.

I know that I'm not adding anything new here that hasn't already been discussed.

Please don't worry about posting something that may have already been said. We value your opinions and input! :) I often think to myself why I feel so strongly about two innocent girls I've never met before, but I quickly come to the realization that "it is what it is". I remember a few conflicts from back when I was that age, they can escalate very quickly.

I know that I'm not adding anything new here that hasn't already been discussed. However, since reading this thread, I can't get the girls out of my mind! I look at the girls in my 5th grade class and think about Skyla and Taylor. I still keep coming back to the conflict they were having with some classmates. It is very common for family members/older friends to get involved. I've even seen parents get involved.

I haven't been able to get these girls out of mind for six months now. I have two daughters roughly the same age as these girls. I can't imagine what these families are going through. To think that your children can't even go for a walk in the afternoon. Very sad.

The only conflict I read about was how Skyla was in a spat with Dustin Dailey's sister. Supposedly this occurred while she was at the church camp with her grandmother a couple of weeks before she was murdered. Dustin is currently sitting in jail on a burglary charge. He is also supposedly the person that said "it was like shooting dogs" after the murders.

I also read the shell casings were in a little pile, like someone had been trying to gather them up. However, I'm not sure where I read it.

Dear Ruflossin,
Both sets of murders targeted young innocent virgins, both occurred on the 18th day following the last full moon in early June. I strongly suspect this has some kind of occultism significance to someone -- birthday, death anniversary, something.
It makes me wonder if there weren't threats sent to victims' families beforehand in Weleetka -- by someone attempting to gain occult "power" by imitating the approximate details of Locust Grove. Modern occultists are pretty undisciplined and eclectic, taking a dab of this and a dash of that, from this religion or that. The locations are fairly close. Tried to answer you twice before but my computer has frequent crashes and it went down taking my answer. Sorry. Obvious difference is lack of rape (Thank God).

Dear Ruflossin,

Both sets of murders targeted young innocent virgins,

both occurred on the 18th day following the last full moon in early June. I strongly suspect this has some kind of occultism significance to someone -- birthday, death anniversary, something.
It makes me wonder if there weren't threats sent to victims' families beforehand in Weleetka -- by someone attempting to gain occult "power" by imitating the approximate details of Locust Grove. Modern occultists are pretty undisciplined and eclectic, taking a dab of this and a dash of that, from this religion or that. The locations are fairly close. Tried to answer you twice before but my computer has frequent crashes and it went down taking my answer.
Sorry. Obvious difference is lack of rape (Thank God).....

OklahomaC....Good point about the OCCULT connection....was there any family or friends in the occult?

I've always had questions on what I heard in a press conference after the autopsies....I heard someone say that Skyla was a virgin and they did not include/skipped T's name as they said it, I considered it a 'play on words'...that no one seemed to catch...

the speaker continued saying both had not been raped.....in the same paragraph.

I've never brought the subject up, but since the case is growing cold, I picked up the nerve to mention 'what I didn't hear said'...way back in a news conference.

Do you have time to show me where the coroner/ LE said T. was a virgin?.....sadly, leaving no stone unturned..

Dear Ruflossin,
Both sets of murders targeted young innocent virgins, both occurred on the 18th day following the last full moon in early June. I strongly suspect this has some kind of occultism significance to someone -- birthday, death anniversary, something.
It makes me wonder if there weren't threats sent to victims' families beforehand in Weleetka -- by someone attempting to gain occult "power" by imitating the approximate details of Locust Grove. Modern occultists are pretty undisciplined and eclectic, taking a dab of this and a dash of that, from this religion or that. The locations are fairly close. Tried to answer you twice before but my computer has frequent crashes and it went down taking my answer. Sorry. Obvious difference is lack of rape (Thank God).

Except that typically when a crime is committed with some sort of 'occult significance' (a FAR rarer occurrence in reality than television and dime pulps would have one believe), the act itself takes on some measure of that significance. Wildly discharging a hail of bullets into two girls on a public road, during daylight hours, with no trappings of ceremony, no iconography, and no semblance of ritual doesn't really fit that sort of profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy102502