Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though the LE is aware of the whereabouts of the Plackers that day they're under no obligation to release that information to the Public as the Plackers have not implicated in any way.

Apparently you are correct, but it just seems so frustrating not to know any more details than have been released. I pray that all the details, that under most circumstances you would think would be revealed, will lead to the arrest of the murderer(s). It just feels like its getting cold.... and that is heart wrenching to some of us.

Apparently you are correct, but it just seems so frustrating not to know any more details than have been released. I pray that all the details, that under most circumstances you would think would be revealed, will lead to the arrest of the murderer(s). It just feels like its getting cold.... and that is heart wrenching to some of us.
I agree, it is disheartening not to hear more on this case, and I also agree those of us who've followed this case ever since Seriously Searching first posted about it the day after it occurred are hoping for a break in the case.

Frog,
Ditto here.....I feel like several people who post at topix have no morals whatsoever.

I agree, it is disheartening not to hear more on this case, and I also agree those of us who've followed this case ever since Seriously Searching first posted about it the day after it occurred are hoping for a break in the case.

I am one who has been here since the first news of these horrible murders. Our sleuths assembled a vast database about the girls, their families & that area of Oklahoma. Locals joined & added to what we had found. One would think if amateurs could examine the case so thoroughly, the task force could have checked & interviewed everyone west of the Mississippi.... it has been extremely sad & frustrating to wait for a suspect to be named !!!

Hopefully the answers will come soon, Taylor & Skyla's families will find peace & the monster(s) responsible for this senseless crime will be brought to justice.

For Skyla and Taylor - I hope justice is found. Not quick enough for me...but I hope LE has a dang good idea.

Interesting > I read this on the OSBI unsolved cases site Jackie Wayne Urich last seen on Coleman Road Okfuskee Co. in 1998.
(coleman rd is less than 1 mile from where Taylor and Skyla was murdered)
I've lived here all my life and never heard this Jackie Urich story.

Interesting >
I read this on the OSBI unsolved cases site Jackie Wayne Urich last seen on Coleman Road Okfuskee Co. in 1998.

Sheza...Isn't it strange you never heard about Jackie missing, July 9, 1998..seems he was 40 yrs. old when he went missing from Westville?

It's my guess, Jackie was NOT in his truck when it was wrecked, 2 weeks after he was last seen...
He was possibly car-jacked somewhere else, possibly closer to Westville and left /murdered there...

The people that wrecked the truck were likely the thieves/ kidnappers/murders/dopers.

It is NO coincidence that the truck just happened to wreck over a 100 miles from Westville,
close to a 2 hour drive down hwy # 59 to I-40 ending up wrecked on Coleman Road..

These 3 people was headed somewhere near Weleetka..for some reason...imo

Was a description of the male and 2 females taken, age, hair and eye color, height, what they wore, any have crooked teeth, what did they say?

Is Coleman road near where the P's live?
What happened to the wrecked truck...was any DNA taken for the truck, ash tray, steering wheel etc?

Did LE ever have the Farmer look at some Mug shots to possibly identify one of the 3 people he saw?

QUOTE:
Jackie Wayne Urich, a white male, date of birth 3/25/58, was last seen on July 9, 1998. On July 21, 1998, Urich’s red Ford Ranger pickup, with Oklahoma tag AIM 964 was found wrecked near Coleman Road, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma.

No information exists concerning the possible sale or loan of the vehicle to any other person.

Witnesses reported seeing a white male and two white females near the vehicle before and after the wreck.
These three unidentified individuals were given a ride away from the accident scene. To date, Jackie Urich has not been found and the three individuals have not been identified.

Sheza...Isn't it strange you never heard about Jackie missing..was he 40 yrs. old when he went missing?

Maybe Jackie was NOT in the truck when it wrecked...He was possibly car-jacked somewhere else and left there...
The people that wrecked the truck were likely the thieves/ kidnappers.
Is Coleman road near where the P's live?
QUOTE:
Jackie Wayne Urich, a white male, date of birth 3/25/58, was last seen on July 9, 1998. On July 21, 1998, Urich’s red Ford Ranger pickup, with Oklahoma tag AIM 964 was found wrecked near Coleman Road, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma.
No information exists concerning the possible sale or loan of the vehicle to any other person.
Witnesses reported seeing a white male and two white females near the vehicle before and after the wreck.
These three unidentified individuals were given a ride away from the accident scene. To date, Urich has not been located and the three individuals have not been identified.

Yes, very close to where the Plackers live, the Plackers did not live there 10 yrs ago. But sounds like the people driving Urick's truck may be murders and may live around the area, I wonder where the Weleetka farmer gave them a ride to in Weleetka and who was the Weleetka farmer?
Urick's news article said "just off of Coleman road" wish we new exactly.
Taylor and Skyla's murder was "just off of Coleman road"
I believe in coincidences but like OSBI says rural area/road..Hmmm

Interesting > I read this on the OSBI unsolved cases site Jackie Wayne Urich last seen on Coleman Road Okfuskee Co. in 1998.

Wow Sheza, you may have hit on something. That makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Could there be a serial killer in that area?

Great find on the info, doesn't sound like much was done at that time concerning the people that were given a ride.

YellowDog...Have you noticed the difference in cases, and how much help and interest the Florida LE is getting in the Caylee A. case, by keeping the public informed?:detective:

Florida must do so. They are governed under the Sunshine law where information is brought forth in the public and into the "light".

I am not sure that OK has such laws.........from what I can recall most states don't.

imoo

Oklahoma must not have that law I wish they did!
I believe the Urick/Ulrick story does prove there was murders in the vicinity before,
Obviously the people driving Urick truck new they had to get away from there fast before the wreck was reported.
What would be the profile on someone returning 10 yrs later?

In my opinion, if OSBI is working as hard on this case as they did the Urich case, it will also end up in the Cold Case Files.

Three people around Mr. Urich's truck and they still couldn't find out what happened? Bizarre.

Interesting >
I read this on the OSBI unsolved cases site Jackie Wayne Urich last seen on Coleman Road Okfuskee Co. in 1998.

(Coleman rd is less than 1 mile from where Taylor and Skyla was murdered)

So very sad, after 10 years the case is still unsolved..cold.. Let's hope we won't have to wait 10 years for an answer to who shot Taylor and Skyla.

Does anyone know who investigated Jackie Urich's wrecked truck in late July 1998?
Can a report be gotten just on Jackie's stolen Ford truck that was wrecked off Coleman road ?...I would think the wreck report would not be part of the missing person case??...waitasec:

In my opinion, if OSBI is working as hard on this case as they did the Urich case, it will also end up in the Cold Case Files.

Three people around Mr. Urich's truck and they still couldn't find out what happened?.. Bizarre.....

Yellow Dog...Bizarre and unbelievable!

Correct me if I'm wrong in the following.

Three people, 1 male, 2 females around Jackie Urich's stolen, wrecked truck, taken to Weleetka, a town of less than a Thousand people, of which 59 % or 590 people are white....of the 590 residents, roughly 290 are Male and 300 are female Caucasians...

(A lot of college class rooms have this many people in them)

Yet, they aren't described, identified or located ???.

Does anyone get the feeling Okla needs 'more LE with better training ??
QUOTE:
Okfuskee County:
Males: 443 (47.5%)
Females: 489 (52.5%)

Median resident age: 39.9 years
Oklahoma median age: 35.5 years
Zip codes: 74880.

Estimated median household income in 2007: $23,700 (it was $19,141 in 2000)
Weleetka $23,700

Estimated median house/condo value in 2007: $38,100 (it was $27,100 in 2000)
Weleetka $38,100

Races in Weleetka:
White Non-Hispanic (59.8%)
American Indian (31.0%)
Two or more races (8.4%)
Black (6.3%)
Hispanic (2.7%)
Other race (1.1%)

I'm thinking HT Scott may have been the sherriff 10 yrs ago, he doesn't live far from me I will visit with him today.

Sheza, this is a great find. I would be really interested in knowing what kind of person was Mr. Urich. Was he a husband, father, drug addict, church 'goer', college graduate, full time employeed, part time employeed etc.......... Maybe you could find some of this info. out when you visit w/ the former Sheriff?

I have to say that while this is an interesting twist on the Weleetka case, the liklihood of the same person or people being involved in the 2 crimes is slim. Usually when you have a "serial anything" (murderer/rapist) the perp. will follow the same patterns. Because we have some very basic differences, (older male, young females, bodies left at the scene, verses body never found) it leads me to believe the cases will not be connected. However, at this point, I think any and all potential leads should be investigated.

Flossie

Florida must do so. They are governed under the Sunshine law where information is brought forth in the public and into the "light".

I am not sure that OK has such laws.........from what I can recall most states don't.

imoo

Ocean,
Thanks for the info. I have wondreed why Florida kept releasing so much info. and Oklahoma so little. I wish Oklahoma had to do what Florida is required to do.........................:rolleyes:

Flossie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members