Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember now there was a discrepancy run vs. what. When I was searching through the threads last night I must have seen posts written before it came up.

Please refresh my memory...who is J.?

Wow. You are good, Tom'sGirl! I just spent the last few minutes searching and not finding anything. Thanks~

I guess what does fit better. Gosh, it is so hard to listen to that call.

The day (or perhaps a the day before) the OSBI had the "one year press conference" on this case, a person (DD) that has been mentioned as a possible suspect was arrested and put in county jail. He was released shortly after the one year anniversary of the girls deaths. Does anyone find that strange? It is something that I have been unable to dismiss. Maybe it means nothing but, maybe it is a telling sign of something LE was aware of that the public was not?

Thoughts...........?

To be honest, I just don't know. I think that LE and the GJ would have connected him to the evidence they found at the scene. I was encouraged by the arrest, but really nothing came of it.

I am really centering back on the family. Things just do not appear to be as they were first presented by them and while I don't want to suspect them...it just seems like something is wrong there.

If it is true that other family members were at the scene and scrambled...why did they run?

I understand Skyla's mother was upset, but even she began to suspect something was going on there that didn't quite add up with their stories. What does she know that we don't?

To be honest, I just don't know. I think that LE and the GJ would have connected him to the evidence they found at the scene. I was encouraged by the arrest, but really nothing came of it.

I am really centering back on the family. Things just do not appear to be as they were first presented by them and while I don't want to suspect them...it just seems like something is wrong there.

If it is true that other family members were at the scene and scrambled...why did they run?

I understand Skyla's mother was upset, but even she began to suspect something was going on there that didn't quite add up with their stories. What does she know that we don't?

Perhaps she was upset that, upon the sound of approaching sirens, a handful of family members jumped in D's van and sped off. When they neared where she was, someone asked where they were going, and someone replied "to work." (All of them? On Sunday night?)

Perhaps she wondered about the 19-20 minute delay in calling 911. Even if the girls were beyond help, an immediate call would have allowed LE to start looking for perps immediately instead of giving the perps a head start. Perhaps she wondered why no one left the scene to look for the perps themselves.

Perhaps she wondered why, when she later went to retrieve Skyla's things at the house, there was a party going on, with drinking, loud music, pitching horseshoes, etc. People all grieve differently, but...

Perhaps she wonders why not one of them knows a d*** thing about what happened. Or why not a single one of them will even discuss the case.

Why didn't OSBI haul any of them before a GJ? Sure, some of them are crushed by what happened, and there might have been a soft approach taken in the beginning, but it seems that they all told LE "I don't know" and LE swallowed it and has been content to look in every other conceivable direction except the right one.

Perhaps she was upset that, upon the sound of approaching sirens, a handful of family members jumped in D's van and sped off. When they neared where she was, someone asked where they were going, and someone replied "to work." (All of them? On Sunday night?)

Perhaps she wondered about the 19-20 minute delay in calling 911. Even if the girls were beyond help, an immediate call would have allowed LE to start looking for perps immediately instead of giving the perps a head start. Perhaps she wondered why no one left the scene to look for the perps themselves.

Perhaps she wondered why, when she later went to retrieve Skyla's things at the house, there was a party going on, with drinking, loud music, pitching horseshoes, etc. People all grieve differently, but...

Perhaps she wonders why not one of them knows a d*** thing about what happened. Or why not a single one of them will even discuss the case.

Why didn't OSBI haul any of them before a GJ? Sure, some of them are crushed by what happened, and there might have been a soft approach taken in the beginning, but it seems that they all told LE "I don't know" and LE swallowed it and has been content to look in every other conceivable direction except the right one.

I agree with every single thing that you said. I also am beginning to wonder if there is something going on with LE/OSBI and family. Why in the world were they not brought in for questioning in the beginning? It's basic police work to immediately question those closest to the victims.

I also find it curious that Taylor's sister told me that it's "up to OSBI to solve it". She had been answering questions in the past but in April when I asked 4 questions that would possibly help with the case she declined to answer and stated that it was up to osbi to solve. I have to say that if my sister/daughter/mother/friend/neighbor was murdered I would be open to answering any question of anyone's if it might help. One never knows what might help so........I guess it's up to OSBI to solve. Looks like they aren't doing a very good job of it either. Perhaps that's what the family wants - No resolution? Otherwise why not help out? I just don't get it.

XPA Magnet, Very good post!
Let me ad, why didn't any of the family seem scared the killer was after an adult?.
Wouldn't it be easy to check and see IF any of the family or cousins in the Van that Sunday evening was actually going to work?

Could there be a family member that is a INFORMANT and OSBI doesn't want that person exposed with solving this case???

I do not understand why all the family have not been given lie detector test.

By some of the families actions they aren't interested in helping Le solve this case? Why!
is it a money thing or is it that they aren't willing to point the finger at family?
Why hasn't T.'s bio mother and father wanted justice for their beautiful child?
Why has the public been misled to such an outrageous extent?

Leading us to believe no one was home at the P's when actually many people was there having a party, so to speak.

Thinking no one but the girls parents were at the crime scene? When a car load of people was there, leaving boot prints etc..

Saying the wind was blowing hard and the P's did not hear the 13+ gun shots, when a neighbor tells us there was NO wind at 5:00, it was very quite before the storm.
I can go on and on, but what was their point?
The killer and the families knew the truth only the concerned public did not.

Would someone care to explain all this to me????
For starters, the neighbor is mistaken about the wind. It was blowing with gusts up to 26.5 mph-25.3 mph near the time of the murders in Weleetka. It did not taper off until after 7:00pm.

4:51 PM: 91.4 °F Wind speed- South 19.6 mph Gust wind- 26.5 mph N/A Clear
5:11 PM :91.4 °F Wind speed- SSW 15.0 mph Gust wind- 25.3 mph N/A Scattered Clouds
5:31 PM: 91.4 °F Wind speed- South 18.4 mph Gust wind- 24.2 mph N/A

http://www.wunderground.com/history...=Weleetka&req_state=OK&req_statename=Oklahoma

However, it doesn't explain the differing stories of someone not being at home and why the OSBI made such a production of the reasons not to hear the gunshots which definitely leads me to believe the family did say they were home in their initial statements. Who was really there and what was going on at the time inside the home? I guess I missed this party thing? What is that about? I have missed a lot including the van story.

If the OSBI would go to such lengths to avoid outing a snitch and let the murderer walk...then they should face charges in this case, imo. It is time to let the FBI completely take over the investigation, imo.

They can't force the family members to take a polygraph. They can only decide to take a closer look at the ones who refused. And why in the hell were they not all called to testify to the GJ?! Now this part bothers me a lot!

It makes absolutely no sense the 911 call wasn't made immediately after the bodies were found. NONE. There was the slightest chance the girls could still have been clinging to life no matter what Peter saw and declared. He isn't qualified to make that determination and it would be the first thing to be done upon finding them. I always thought he did call them immediately with Taylor's phone. How was it found that he did not? And how did we find out it took 20 minutes to call?

XPA Magnet, Very good post!
Let me ad, why didn't any of the family seem scared the killer was after an adult?.
Wouldn't it be easy to check and see IF any of the family or cousins in the Van that Sunday evening was actually going to work?

Could there be a family member that is a INFORMANT and OSBI doesn't want that person exposed with solving this case???

I do not understand why all the family have not been given lie detector test.

By some of the families actions they aren't interested in helping Le solve this case? Why!
is it a money thing or is it that they aren't willing to point the finger at family?
Why hasn't T.'s bio mother and father wanted justice for their beautiful child?
Why has the public been misled to such an outrageous extent?

Leading us to believe no one was home at the P's when actually many people was there having a party, so to speak.

Thinking no one but the girls parents were at the crime scene? When a car load of people was there, leaving boot prints etc..

Saying the wind was blowing hard and the P's did not hear the 13+ gun shots, when a neighbor tells us there was NO wind at 5:00, it was very quite before the storm.
I can go on and on, but what was their point?
The killer and the families knew the truth only the concerned public did not.

Would someone care to explain all this to me????

Thank you, and an excellent post yourself. I need to clarify something. When Mrs. W went to pick up Skyla's things, it was within a few days of the shooting. The exact day is in my notes somewhere; perhaps the next day, but before the funerals in any event. That's when she encountered a party atmosphere. As far as the day of the shooting, there was some kind of gathering maybe a mile or more to the south at another family home. Some think that's from where V made the 911 call. Who was actually at Taylor's house in the hours before 5:00 PM is not clear, but the house was being watched by the POI, and at least one other man was seen in the driveway.

You ask some great questions and raise interesting points. Lie detector tests are optional, not mandatory. No one has said whether any family members took one or not. GJ testimony is mandatory if you're called, not optional. Unless there has been some secret GJ panel that has not been publicized, no family members have testified. With so many people watching this case, fat chance of a secret GJ.

As far as T's bio parents, her Mom was living with them all at the time and still lives with P and V. She's not really in a position to go public and posters are all understandably very sympathetic to her. T's Dad is a complete mystery. P and V assumed parental roles years ago and everyone seemed very comfortable with that.

As far as hearing the shots, there is a news video from the early days in which a Rebecca K (one of the local K's but I'm not sure if it was by marriage) claimed to have heard the shots from a mile away. I think she was somewhere to the north of the scene. If she heard the shots in question, and not some random shooting near the bridge, it's hard to imagine someone not hearing shots 300 yards to the south, wind or no wind. Unfortunately, no one has concrete information as to who was where, before or during the murders.

As for snitching, anyone who knows anything must be sweating it out. To some people, snitching is worse than anything. To others, it's not that bad but it just isn't done. It must be obvious to all that those who shot the girls are capable of anything, and shooting a snitch would be well within their amoral compass(es). It's hard to criticize some unknown potential informant for not exposing himself (or herself) to retaliation.

Although I agree with most of your thoughts, "Why has the public been misled to such an outrageous extent?" is interesting. No one has been more critical of OSBI here on WS than yours truly. They may have made mistakes and they are certainly withholding information we are all desperate to learn, but is the public actually being misled? And if we are, and it's in an honest attempt to trip up the perp(s), so be it. Let's hope it works. One big problem OSBI has either created or aggravated is the absolute lack of confidence they have with the locals. They have told the locals nothing. It smacks of arrogance and indifference.

Finally, yes, the killer(s) know but I'm not 100% sure the family knows. It seems most of what we know and think we know and deduce and put together all seems to point in one direction. Most, yes, but there is still some reasonable doubt at this point.

SeriouslySearching is exactly right: The FBI should take this case immediately.

Thank you, and an excellent post yourself. I need to clarify something. When Mrs. W went to pick up Skyla's things, it was within a few days of the shooting. The exact day is in my notes somewhere; perhaps the next day, but before the funerals in any event. That's when she encountered a party atmosphere. As far as the day of the shooting, there was some kind of gathering maybe a mile or more to the south at another family home. Some think that's from where V made the 911 call. Who was actually at Taylor's house in the hours before 5:00 PM is not clear, but the house was being watched by the POI, and at least one other man was seen in the driveway.

snipped for space

Can I ask where you got this information? Was this from media or from another website?

For starters, the neighbor is mistaken about the wind. It was blowing with gusts up to 26.5 mph-25.3 mph near the time of the murders in Weleetka. It did not taper off until after 7:00pm.

4:51 PM: 91.4 °F Wind speed- South 19.6 mph Gust wind- 26.5 mph N/A Clear
5:11 PM :91.4 °F Wind speed- SSW 15.0 mph Gust wind- 25.3 mph N/A Scattered Clouds
5:31 PM: 91.4 °F Wind speed- South 18.4 mph Gust wind- 24.2 mph N/A

http://www.wunderground.com/history...=Weleetka&req_state=OK&req_statename=Oklahoma

However, it doesn't explain the differing stories of someone not being at home and why the OSBI made such a production of the reasons not to hear the gunshots which definitely leads me to believe the family did say they were home in their initial statements. Who was really there and what was going on at the time inside the home? I guess I missed this party thing? What is that about? I have missed a lot including the van story.

If the OSBI would go to such lengths to avoid outing a snitch and let the murderer walk...then they should face charges in this case, imo. It is time to let the FBI completely take over the investigation, imo.

They can't force the family members to take a polygraph. They can only decide to take a closer look at the ones who refused. And why in the hell were they not all called to testify to the GJ?! Now this part bothers me a lot!

It makes absolutely no sense the 911 call wasn't made immediately after the bodies were found. NONE. There was the slightest chance the girls could still have been clinging to life no matter what Peter saw and declared. He isn't qualified to make that determination and it would be the first thing to be done upon finding them. I always thought he did call them immediately with Taylor's phone. How was it found that he did not? And how did we find out it took 20 minutes to call?

S.S.,
Thanks for the above post. Taking the time to research the wind variations is appreciated.

I have looked in earnest for an exact time line in this case and can not come up with anything that is concrete.
There are so many variations of when 911 was called, when the bodies were discovered etc........
If anyone has a link to the exact time the 911 call was made, please post it. Also, I would like a link to an article that states the family members did not take lie detector tests.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with my above questions.

snipped for space

Can I ask where you got this information? Was this from media or from another website?

Yes, but before I answer, I do read another site and occasionally glance at one other site. Maybe I read the wrong ones but they are just awful reading, with very little information. There are some outright ridiculous postings, and it is difficult to jump over all the insults and misinformation. I read them to search for any angle that has not been explored here. It seems that they take ideas and posts from here much more than the reverse. I have never brought anything from there to here, and have never posted on any other site.

That said, and point by point:

Mrs. W going to pick up Skyla's things (with more detail): second-hand (not third- or fourth-). If you need more, please PM me.

P family gathering to the south: from an early news video of Uncle Joe, stating that he drove by the girls (without stopping to say hi because he had just seen them at a family reunion two weeks prior) on his way there while they were on their walk. That is almost certainly somewhere in the early postings here.

Where V was: I really didn't say; some think she was near the scene, some think she was a little farther away. I have no idea.

The POI is a generally accepted item, although some doubt it. But I said he was watching the house. The vehicle and one or two other men in the driveway is obscure at best. These are also second-hand, but from two different trustworthy sources. Again, if you need more, please PM. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. I just want to make sure that nothing is being brought over here from another site as fact if it is not in the media.

Yes, but before I answer, I do read another site and occasionally glance at one other site. Maybe I read the wrong ones but they are just awful reading, with very little information. There are some outright ridiculous postings, and it is difficult to jump over all the insults and misinformation. I read them to search for any angle that has not been explored here. It seems that they take ideas and posts from here much more than the reverse. I have never brought anything from there to here, and have never posted on any other site.

That said, and point by point:

Mrs. W going to pick up Skyla's things (with more detail): second-hand (not third- or fourth-). If you need more, please PM me.

P family gathering to the south: from an early news video of Uncle Joe, stating that he drove by the girls (without stopping to say hi because he had just seen them at a family reunion two weeks prior) on his way there while they were on their walk. That is almost certainly somewhere in the early postings here.

Where V was: I really didn't say; some think she was near the scene, some think she was a little farther away. I have no idea.

The POI is a generally accepted item, although some doubt it. But I said he was watching the house. The vehicle and one or two other men in the driveway is obscure at best. These are also second-hand, but from two different trustworthy sources. Again, if you need more, please PM. Thanks in advance.

snipped for space

Speaking of that...can we please have the rumor thread open again? :blowkiss: Things are heating up with the inconsistencies here and we need a place to hash it out without the news links etc. There is not enough news from media or LE, but a lot of what the locals are coming up with seem to be going in the right direction here. :)

At this time we are not opening any other rumor threads. Please be mindful of what you all post here rumors arent allowed.

LOL Yes...hugs would be nice today after that bombshell on that "other" case. I need a diversion and the rumor thread here sounded like a great idea. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname