Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this link. I came across it last night and just didn't know which info was relevant to post. I also found it interesting when I read somewhere, maybe at the above link, that american biker gangs were major players until it got harder to find supplies and locations to cook. So the mexican gangs starting importing. The Bandido's in Ok was mentioned. From some of the stats I've seen it appears that Meth is the drug of choice in the western US and all other drugs combined amount to less than about 30 percent of the drug trade. Guestimating from memory here. The stats are scary though.

Thanks Strach and Suzy.........the drug situation is so out-of-control and there's got to be something done to control it. With such high figures on meth use, that could be an element in this case.

If the POI or the murderers were connected in some way to the girls or their family, I think there would have been an arrest already, or at least a name released of the POI.

I agree. Originally, OSBI said they thought it was local(s), although I was not then convinced nor am I now. IMO whoever did this somehow found a road they thought was not well-used, did something majorly illegal - perhaps killed someone other than the girls, then took off. If the killer(s) killed someone else, they may have taken the body with them. Or, maybe if OSBI looks far enough off the road, they could find something else - maybe they already have, however.

This is so spooky.
These kids were completely surrounded by criminals.
Un-freaken-believable!!!!!!!
I wouldn't let my kid out of my sight if I were living in this area.

I can't help but think of the statement that was reported, that the Plackers moved from Oklahoma City because of the violence there. It would appear that they may have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Thank you! :clap: Do you mind me asking where you found it? :)

Am I correct that this tragedy on a Sunday evening......? and the girls had spent the whole weekend together at Taylor's house?

Hello Everyone and Welcome to All New WS!

Poco, yes the shootings happended on Sunday evening. Skylar had spent the previous night over at Taylor's house.

Thanks Strach and Suzy.........the drug situation is so out-of-control and there's got to be something done to control it. With such high figures on meth use, that could be an element in this case.

Didn't OSBI say though this area was not drug infested?

imoo

Didn't OSBI say though this area was not drug infested?

imoo

Yes, and also the reports from neighbors, via the media, initially made it sound as if people were in shock because the area was so crime free people left their house and car doors unlocked at night.

Yes, and also the reports from neighbors, via the media, initially made it sound as if people were in shock because the area was so crime free people left their house and car doors unlocked at night.

Wasnt their last murder before these..... back in the 80s?

imoo

Wasnt their last murder before these..... back in the 80s?

imoo

Yes, I think that's the case.
If drugs and crime were bad in the area you'd think there would be more murders from drug deals gone bad, or people hopped up on meth and out of control, etc.

According to the article in the June 30 People MAgazine, TAylor had just RECENTLY (a few months ago) been allowed to walk the area around their home.
The girls were 1st told NO when they asked permission to walk to the bridge, but then the GParents thought it would be something for them to do while waiting for Skyla's Mom to call and said OK. Peter (GPa) expected them to be home by the time Skyla's Mother arrived so he called them on Taylor's phone (getting no answer) and then went out to get them.

According to this article it was 1/2 mile to the bridge - a one mile round trip. This is so sad, but the girls had a shed they painted and made into a clubhouse in the backyard area of the Placker Property where they "hung out, had their posters, etc.

My Opinion

Yes, I think that's the case.
If drugs and crime were bad in the area you'd think there would be more murders from drug deals gone bad, or people hopped up on meth and out of control, etc.

Yes, it usually goes hand in hand.

I live in a rural large county but we have at least 3 murders each year and most times it is drug related.

imo

According to the article in the June 30 People MAgazine, TAylor had just RECENTLY (a few months ago) been allowed to walk the area around their home.
The girls were 1st told NO when they asked permission to walk to the bridge, but then the GParents thought it would be something for them to do while waiting for Skyla's Mom to call and said OK. Peter (GPa) expected them to be home by the time Skyla's Mother arrived so he called them on Taylor's phone (getting no answer) and then went out to get them.

According to this article it was 1/2 mile to the bridge - a one mile round trip. This is so sad, but the girls had a shed they painted and made into a clubhouse in the backyard area of the Placker Property where they "hung out, had their posters, etc.

My Opinion

So sad.

imoo

IMO whoever perhaps killed someone other than the girls, then took off. If the killer(s) killed someone else, they may have taken the body with them. Or, maybe if OSBI looks far enough off the road, they could find something else - maybe they already have, however.

I was thinking along these same lines. Have the GPs came back home yet? I wish we had someone who was close to the area. It could help clear up certain ??

I was thinking along these same lines. Have the GPs came back home yet? I wish we had someone who was close to the area. It could help clear up certain ??

I still have a hard time with it being a "hit" on these two girls. They had been together all weekend. If someone were out to "get them" why would they wait until Sunday night........... hoping, on the off chance, that these girls would walk down that road.

It had to be either someone who knew they were taking that walk...

or they say something they shouldn't have...

or we have some nuts running around in Okla using little girls as target practice.

This is so sad, but the girls had a shed they painted and made into a clubhouse in the backyard area of the Placker Property where they "hung out, had their posters, etc.

Hello!! Maybe the prowlers the other nite was looking for something in the shed!!

Thanks for the link SuziQ :)

We had originally heard it was a good small community where everyone knew each other, etc. Then one of the Uncles started saying what a nice area it used to be. Now there's dope heads and drunks laying all over the place, you have to drive around them, etc.

SS had given us info on that interstate and I40 section and told us it was a major thruway for drug running. In that link I posted that exact location is discussed at length as the main area the drugs are being brought in from mexico into OK. That's all drugs but meth is second only to marijuana.

This is so sad, but the girls had a shed they painted and made into a clubhouse in the backyard area of the Placker Property where they "hung out, had their posters, etc.

Hello!! Maybe the prowlers the other nite was looking for something in the shed!!
That is interesting. It could be they were looking for something. This case gets more curious eevryday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD