Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM- According to the search warrant he did. Also, a witness at the hearing testified to the same. The search warrant is also posted in the media thread - post #102

I'm
Just relaying what was said from the stand by the lead detective. The detective specifically spoke of the witness first to come on the scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As to CPR-- he let some random do it. And that's weird. I'm sorry. And getting on your phone is weird. I'm sorry. I am the biggest supporter of people who act weird after the death of a small child as I have witnessed one but, NO. I would not have someone else working my kid while I got on a phone. Maybe he was somewhat detached or maybe (eesh, I'm sorry) Cooper looked so bad he was squeamish. If I knew my son was dead, if I KNEW it, I would hold him and wait. I would not leave him on the pavement and function well enough to make phone calls. The only other option I would have would be to immediately off myself in the quickest way possible because I would be outta my head. Dialing my phone? Scrolling through contacts? NO.

I admit everyone is VERY different. My very dear, close friend was NUMB. Her eyes were glazed. So, this is just my opinion. I'd be stark raving lunatic. I was when he died. I lost myself repeatedly during the entire process of laying him to rest.

It could be a simple explanation. Several people with experience here said the funeral home usually asks the family about life insurance. And at that point, they had no idea HD would be paying for the funeral. If that is the case, I am sure the defense will have the FH director testify.

My Pappy just passed away last week and the funeral director told my mom to bring along his life insurance during the phone call to set up the appointment for services.

As to CPR-- he let some random do it. And that's weird. I'm sorry. And getting on your phone is weird. I'm sorry. I am the biggest supporter of people who act weird after the death of a small child as I have witnessed one but, NO. I would not have someone else working my kid while I got on a phone. Maybe he was somewhat detached or maybe (eesh, I'm sorry) Cooper looked so bad he was squeamish. If I knew my son was dead, if I KNEW it, I would hold him and wait. I would not leave him on the pavement and function well enough to make phone calls. The only other option I would have would be to immediately off myself in the quickest way possible because I would be outta my head. Dialing my phone? Scrolling through contacts? NO.

I admit everyone is VERY different. My very dear, close friend was NUMB. Her eyes were glazed. So, this is just my opinion. I'd be stark raving lunatic. I was when he died. I lost myself repeatedly during the entire process of laying him to rest.

It brings to mind that case where a mother cradled her child's decapitated head after a horrible car accident.

IMO it's what really convinced me in this case that BOTH parents had already distanced themselves emotionally from their child. If either were ever truly bonded at all....

Dad walked away to use the phone, not to call for help...
Mom wanted to see her husband, not her son.

I don't post often, but a small detail that really stands out to me is the fact that he sent that text to his wife saying "when are you going to pick up my buddy?". Wouldn't that have immediately reminded him that he never dropped his "buddy" off???

This small detail came to me this afternoon because my husband had asked me to lay out the frozen chicken for dinner this morning and I had forgotten all about it. So this afternoon I started to text my husband to ask what he wanted to eat with the chicken and I was typing out the text it dawned on me that omg I forgot to lay the chicken out!

I know it's an odd comparison but it's one of those situations where it's hard to NOT be reminded of something when you go to ask someone a question about it.

JMO!!

It brings to mind that case where a mother cradled her child's decapitated head after a horrible car accident.

Funny you should mention this. I thought of this horrible story at one point during this case as well. Think I saw it on Oprah. Can never forget it.

I wonder if he stepped away to make phone calls to avoid having to look at what he had done? He KNEW Cooper was dead, knew it was pointless to do CPR... so watching to see if by any chance he was able to be saved was pointless. I think a parent who really did forget, who did not realize by the smell when they got in the car what had happened.. immediately ... would have been right there screaming " breathe buddy!!! Breathe!!" even if they could not do CPR themselves. Did he want people to think he was calling 911? Was he coherent when he called LH and work and everyone else?

My Pappy just passed away last week and the funeral director told my mom to bring along his life insurance during the phone call to set up the appointment for services.

Sorry for your loss and thank you for taking time to post that.

BBM- According to the search warrant he did. Also, a witness at the hearing testified to the same. The search warrant is also posted in the media thread - post #102

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/n...d_document.pdf
Justin Harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza, 2955 Akers Mill Rd in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, GA tag "RT7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "Oh my god what have I done". He then began doing CPR on the child.

EMS responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased.

I'm
Just relaying what was said from the stand by the lead detective. The detective specifically spoke of the witness first to come on the scene.

The witness Leonard Madden testified Ross had just finished giving Cooper CPR when he appeared on the scene. He said two people had walked up to assist. The prosecutor specifically asked him/Leonard, if he observed anyone other than the father giving CPR.

The investigator stated that a guy on the scene named Anthony L. administered CPR. I did not hear him specifically say Ross failed to do so. I'm thinking Anthony L. is one of the people Leonard Madden said walked up to assist. IMO

I don't post often, but a small detail that really stands out to me is the fact that he sent that text to his wife saying "when are you going to pick up my buddy?". Wouldn't that have immediately reminded him that he never dropped his "buddy" off???

This small detail came to me this afternoon because my husband had asked me to lay out the frozen chicken for dinner this morning and I had forgotten all about it. So this afternoon I started to text my husband to ask what he wanted to eat with the chicken and I was typing out the text it dawned on me that omg I forgot to lay the chicken out!

I know it's an odd comparison but it's one of those situations where it's hard to NOT be reminded of something when you go to ask someone a question about it.

JMO!!

Great post! This makes me think he texted that message as an alibi, to make it seem he thought all was well and that he dropped off Cooper as normal. Other than that, why ask her at all? I don't text my hubby asking him when he is going to pick up our daughter? Who does that unless there is a change in schedule or doctor's appointment or something? That is just weird and hink to me.

BY THE WAY: He TEXTED his wife that message so why was he calling her and she wasn't answering after he noticed Cooper? I don't always hear my phone or notice a call so why not text her over and over to pick up the phone?? This case is full of BS.

Small detail are his work hours. Not sure if this has been asked, but are RH’s office hours always this laxed? Did he go in to work later the day Cooper died so he wouldn’t run the risk of his co-workers walking past his car – in other words dodge the parking lot foot traffic?

The witness Leonard Madden testified Ross had just finished giving Cooper CPR when he appeared on the scene. He said two people had walked up to assist. The prosecutor specifically asked him/Leonard, if he observed anyone other than the father giving CPR.

The investigator stated that a guy on the scene named Anthony L. administered CPR. I did not hear him specifically say Ross failed to do so. I'm thinking Anthony L. is one of the people Leonard Madden said walked up to assist. IMO

I don't think witness LM is going to hold up in a solid cross. His memory (for example saying the police arrived 20 minutes later) is going to make it difficult for him to be seen as reliable (moo).

I think anthony l is going to be crucial. I just rewatched that portion of the detective's testimony and AL told the detective that he stated to RH they needed to do CPR at which point RH just looked at him and at that point AL started CPR. At that point RH walked to the other side of the car and got on the phone. AL also stated he helped get Cooper out of the car so he will be the one with the best info IMO. LM didn't see any of this so I think he's piecing things together maybe.

Another 'small' detail. IIRC, someone correct me if I'm wrong please, didn't they wake around 6-6:30, lay in bed watching cartoons, mother leaves bed around 7...leaves for work at 7:15, father and Cooper stay in bed...then at some point (???) father and Cooper get ready to leave, father drives to fast food place and he and Cooper eat breakfast.

Anyone think a 22 month old is going to stay in a bed for 2+ hours watching cartoons after not eating anything since he went to bed the night before? Supposedly he's awake for three hours before having anything to eat. Seriously?

I don't think witness LM is going to hold up in a solid cross. His memory (for example saying the police arrived 20 minutes later) is going to make it difficult for him to be seen as reliable (moo).

I think anthony l is going to be crucial. I just rewatched that portion of the detective's testimony and AL told the detective that he stated to RH they needed to do CPR at which point RH just looked at him and at that point AL started CPR. At that point RH walked to the other side of the car and got on the phone. AL also stated he helped get Cooper out of the car so he will be the one with the best info IMO. LM didn't see any of this so I think he's piecing things together maybe.

Can you explain why this information is stated as fact in the search warrant? Witness Madden was not on the scene when Cooper was pulled out of the car. Where do you think they got the information to put in the search warrant? Are you saying it's incorrect?

Justin Harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza, 2955 Akers Mill Rd in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, GA tag "RT7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "Oh my god what have I done". He then began doing CPR on the child.

EMS responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased.

The account given by the investigator is hearsay. His testimony was based on a report by others. Unlike witness Madden, he/the investigator was not on the scene.

I'm just trying to keep the facts straight.

Can you explain why this information is stated as fact in the search warrant? Witness Madden was not on the scene when Cooper was pulled out of the car. Where do you think they got the information to put in the search warrant? Are you saying it's incorrect?

The account given by the investigator is hearsay. His testimony was based on a report by others. Unlike witness Madden, he/the investigator was not on the scene.

I'm just trying to keep the facts straight.

I'm just relaying what the detective said on the stand that was related to him by AL. Perhaps they have people who saw RH giving CPR but if LM is the only one I think they'll have an issue because his memory was already proven to be faulty based on the police arrival time. Maybe the information has changed since the warrant was written. That I don't know. I don't have an opinion at this early stage regarding CPR and if RH gave it and with the limited (and it seems conflicting reports) so,I guess this isn't something that can be determined as a fact. I was simply replying regarding how the detective stated what AL stated.

Eta: during cross the detective did say that there are witnesses who said RH did CPR and others who say he didn't. Interesting.

RH looks like a pretty tall guy. While a Tucson is an suv, it's not a large one. One would think RH would have to have the driver's seat pretty far back to sit comfortably. You'd think the seat back would then be adjacent to the seat back of the car seat. I know it's been said that RH is deaf in his right ear and has no sense of smell (what coincidences) but what next? He lost his peripheral vision too?! GMAFB!

Hotels have cameras though, not that he cares.
Was he paying his bills with a credit card? or...

I think the couple was deep in debt, unhappy in marriage, mama feeling stuck caring for baby while daddy is out and about with friends and chicks he meets online, but still, she wants to come across as just a little happy family. I wonder if she thought, without the baby, we can go back to how it used to be. They evidently tried long and hard to have this child, and now things aren't working out so well. I also think maybe him asking for a divorce is what triggered this event.
All just my own opinion.

My co-worker found her mother dead in her home one morning at 8:30. She called 911, her husband to come there, then me at work. Shortly after nine, the same morning, another co-worker came into my office and told me the daughter had already posted on facebook about her mother's death. I'm not on facebook, but I don't get it.

As for myself, when my son died in the hospital, I held a piece of paper out to a nurse with the number to call my husband at the Ronald McDonald house, across the street. I couldn't see the writing on the paper and couldn't dial my phone. I really can't even remember the hour long drive home. But somehow we got there.
I know everyone is different. But NO emotion, making crazy, off the wall statements? This whole thing just sounds screwy to me, and has from the beginning.

Another 'small' detail. IIRC, someone correct me if I'm wrong please, didn't they wake around 6-6:30, lay in bed watching cartoons, mother leaves bed around 7...leaves for work at 7:15, father and Cooper stay in bed...then at some point (???) father and Cooper get ready to leave, father drives to fast food place and he and Cooper eat breakfast.

Anyone think a 22 month old is going to stay in a bed for 2+ hours watching cartoons after not eating anything since he went to bed the night before? Supposedly he's awake for three hours before having anything to eat. Seriously?

Surely a 22 month old would still be in nappies overnight - so would need changing/cleaning up after a night's sleep. I doubt a hungry child with a full nappy would happily watch cartoons for 2 1/2 hours. In fact, I don't think any 22 month old could focus for over 2 hours on the same thing. So, totally agree with you, that doesn't ring true. In fact, I'm struggling to find a single part of this story that is believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57